Page 531 of 533 FirstFirst ... 31431481521527528529530531532533 LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Tested the deck for 3 matches. It felt really good. Having Sanctum Prelate back in the main was a breath against all the Arcanists around.

Feb 2014
    Germany

Hi guys, am i the only one who thinks that the recruiter/scyclave build has weakened the deck? I always had the feeling i'm running out of gas/answers and stuck with them in hand because it would them take to long to do something.
    Tried a list without them and more stuff with a direct/longer lasting impact and it felt so strong and i never ran out of cards.

Maybe i'm totally wrong, whats your oppinion on that topic?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    An incredibly insightful review by ThrabenU of Erin-relentless’ top8 matches. This is from his showcase win with D&T Sunday.

https://t.co/olFeKDSeJk?amp=1
    Really enjoyed it too.
    To answer the critical question: Is silent clearing good or bad? The answer is yes, it is bad, you should allways play Horizon canopy over it.

Nov 2012
    The Bluegrass

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Really enjoyed it too.
    To answer the critical question: Is silent clearing good or bad? The answer is yes, it is bad, you should allways play Horizon canopy over it.
    In terms of how these cards operate, they’re mechanically identical in D&T. Perhaps an explanation of why Canopy is preferred over Clearing?

Unless you’re being sarcastic....unless...

Quote Originally Posted by index View Post
    Hi guys, am i the only one who thinks that the recruiter/scyclave build has weakened the deck? I always had the feeling i'm running out of gas/answers and stuck with them in hand because it would them take to long to do something.
    Tried a list without them and more stuff with a direct/longer lasting impact and it felt so strong and i never ran out of cards.

Maybe i'm totally wrong, whats your oppinion on that topic?
    Luminarch Aspirant is a great card to build around if you feel like that and want to take the proactive direction. If unanswered it can take over the board easily and enables some interesting stuff with other cards such as Mikaeus, the Lunarch.

If the white evoke creature ends up being as powerful as Grief (the black evoke dude from MH2 that is part of a cycle), I think a D and T spinoff will emerge around abusing Ephermate with Skyclave, Recruiter, Spellbinder and the white Grief. Something like this...

Vaka Taxes aka. Blink Taxes

Blinkers
    4 Ephemerate
    4 Charming Prince
    3-4 Flickerwisp

Blinkees
    4 Elite Spellbinder
    3-4 Skyclave Apparition
    3-4 Recruiter of the Guard
    1-3 White MH2 Mythic Evoker (Depending on how good she is)
    1-2 Palace Jailer

Other
    4 Aether Vial
    3 Thalia
    2-3 MoM
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Spirit of the Labrynth

4 Wasteland
    2-4 Ancient Tomb (Depending on the cc and powerlevel of the White MH2 Evoke Dude)
    16 Lands

Something along those lines could be very effective (until people start putting Torpor Orb into their sideboards to hate out the deck)

It's would be a more powerful, more ETB focused Death and Taxes.

The only flaw with the above approach is a lack of turn 1-2 plays, hence why I added Ancient Tomb. Turn 2 Ancient Tomb into Spellbinder or Recruiter are fantastic turn 2 plays that double as amazing blink targets on turn 3.

StP didn't seem needed in a deck with 4 Skyclave, 4 Spellbinder and 3-4 Recruiter to grab a Jailer. But you guys probably have some ideas on other turn 1-2 cards to add.
    Last edited by Clark Kant; 05-25-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Let's first wait what the actual card looks like. It could be total garbage, being white and all.

I doubt it would be total garbage. It's a mythic and one of the main cycles in MH2, and white generally gets the best ETB effects.

Any creature with an ETB effect that can be evoked out for 0 mana, and if blinked will give the ETB effect twice and leave the body around is going to be worth playing. At worst, it will be narrow and only be worth playing as a 1 of to tutor up with Recruiter in specific situations, but it would have to be extremely narrow to make 2 ETB effects and a free body for 0 mana when combined with any blink effect anything but a staple in the above list.

If it ends being awful, just swap it out with Stoneforge. Ephermating a Stoneforge in order to get all three equipment into your hand is useful when you're trying to go the aggro route.

The bigger point is that between Skyclave, Recruiter, Spellbinder and Jailer, there is now a critical mass of creatures needed to make an Ephermate variant worthwhile and quite possibly more powerful than classic D and T.
    Last edited by Clark Kant; 05-25-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

White evoke creature is STP. very strong.

there is also a smothering tithe on legs that looks appealing (but it's 1/1).

Yeah both are really powerful cards.

Free StP on a stick is insane.

That Ephermite list I posted above is 100% happening.

Esper Sentinel is going to see play. I don't know how it fits here but I'm sure it does. It's like Dark Confidant as far as value goes.

StP on legs is amazing. May be better than StP 3 and 4.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    If the white evoke creature ends up being as powerful as Grief (the black evoke dude from MH2 that is part of a cycle), I think a D and T spinoff will emerge around abusing Ephermate with Skyclave, Recruiter, Spellbinder and the white Grief. Something like this...

Vaka Taxes aka. Blink Taxes

Blinkers
    4 Ephemerate
    4 Charming Prince
    3-4 Flickerwisp

Blinkees
    4 Elite Spellbinder
    3-4 Skyclave Apparition
    3-4 Recruiter of the Guard
    1-3 White MH2 Mythic Evoker (Depending on how good she is)
    1-2 Palace Jailer

Other
    4 Aether Vial
    3 Thalia
    2-3 MoM
    1 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Spirit of the Labrynth

4 Wasteland
    2-4 Ancient Tomb (Depending on the cc and powerlevel of the White MH2 Evoke Dude)
    16 Lands

Something along those lines could be very effective (until people start putting Torpor Orb into their sideboards to hate out the deck)

It's would be a more powerful, more ETB focused Death and Taxes.

The only flaw with the above approach is a lack of turn 1-2 plays, hence why I added Ancient Tomb. Turn 2 Ancient Tomb into Spellbinder or Recruiter are fantastic turn 2 plays that double as amazing blink targets on turn 3.

StP didn't seem needed in a deck with 4 Skyclave, 4 Spellbinder and 3-4 Recruiter to grab a Jailer. But you guys probably have some ideas on other turn 1-2 cards to add.
    How about a list featuring Yorion and fully abusing ETB memes? With up to 12 Flicker effects, there's plenty of room to abuse Solitude and other ETB creatures. Even the new G/W Sword (instead of Feast of Famine in the 80 card lists) becomes quite feasible between ramping for Yorion and flickering an ETB creature. Between StP, Solitude and Apparation in combination with tons of blink effects, I just don't see any creature surviving in that hail of removal.

I'm interested in this. It's a little expensive, no flash to "counter" Plague Engineer, but I think it's worth discussing.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    I'm interested in this. It's a little expensive, no flash to "counter" Plague Engineer, but I think it's worth discussing.

This looks interesting, but we've had Celestial Crusader for years. Is this better?
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Yeah, I know, and probably not but the Vigilance made me curious. If it costed 1WW and was a 1/2 it could be, but this is why I brought it up. 4 is a ton and not vial friendly. The only reason I don't play Always Watching is because it can't be vialed + thalia issues.

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

Nah, not good enough at "mana value" 4.

This makes me pretty cranky. I've been waiting patiently for a Rest In Priest and they give it to black. Awesome - not.

Mar 2007

We got a RIP with legs for black and red.

But I agree, WotC's current design philosophy is pretty terrible. Black and blue get asymmetrical hatebears with way better stats and combat abilities than white nowadays. And then they wonder why people say white sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Esper Sentinel is going to see play. I don't know how it fits here but I'm sure it does. It's like Dark Confidant as far as value goes.

StP on legs is amazing. May be better than StP 3 and 4.

I think it could make a hybrid between bw d&t and humans. The main reason humans has an atrocious manabase is for noble, and this is a tempo generating 1 drop that fits better with the go wide plan.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Did not play much legacy this year, but I can see that lately, D&T is doing good...
    What makes us so strong in this meta?

Thread Information