Page 418 of 533 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [DTB] Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by solnox View Post
    Hey guys new to the deck and I have a few questions.

How do you ever beat Eldrazi. I've never tilted this hard before in a matchup. I've played vs the same guy in multiple leagues in the past few days and he just plays through multiple wastelands+ports like its nothing. If I SFM, he just plays TKS and strips it.
    Here is what I wrote about it previously.

Also, keep in mind that we will almost never beat their best hands. Their deck has the possibility to come out of the gates so quickly that we just die before our spells can start mattering.

Jun 2015
    NYC

Yeah Eldrazi isn't unwinnable, but it's definitely a bit unfavored, especially when you're on the draw. Eldrazi players are very simple creatures and they will do everything in their power to help you win, but you really have to play perfectly and not give up any small edge you have in the games that are within your reach. One thing you have to accept is that the deck has a certain % of god-hands, so when you lose to t1 Chalice, t2 TKS, t3 Reality Smasher, that's kinda just like losing to a turn 1 storm or reanimator kill. Just tell your opponent "Good job, you are good at Magic." and then go do something else for a while.

The mana denial plan doesn't always work but it's the best general strategy, so don't discount it. They're gonna draw into lands eventually, so one Wasteland is rarely going to win the game on its own, but hands with Wasteland are way better than hands without one. Magus of the Moon is even better, sometimes they have the Dismember or t2 TKS, but if they don't the game is usually over. Splash builds are generally a little slower and softer to their Wastelands, but having your own source of free wins more than makes up for it.

I'm a little more willing to mull to an Aether Vial vs Eldrazi (especially on the play, when you know it will resolve) because t1 Vial is the only way we can put cards into play at the same speed as them. I think if you hand doesn't have a Vial or a sufficient amount of mana denial, you probably should be questioning the keep, since your fair game is rarely going to beat their average parade of monsters - this is especially true if they didn't mull, since if they kept a 7 it's probably fairly explosive. They have more than their share of janky hands and mull a lot - so if your opponents are always keeping 7s, mentally compartmentalize it as "I'm just getting unlucky."

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

Hello everybody.
    This is my first write on D&T topic, but i follow this thread from months (I've finish my deck, in paper, just 1 week before the Top's ban, lol... ..and now I try many different option learning to play the deck).
    First I want to say thanks to all the players who share his thoughts about the deck, the side plan and other things..and specially thanks to Medea: I've found a LOT of knowledge in Thraben Academy. Great work.

For now I don't want to write my personal thoughts because I have not the right experience and I'm in learning phase.
    I want to post the latest D&T result in Italy, hoping this info is helpful for the community.
    This is the Death and Taxes list who finish 5/108 players yesterday at Ovinospring 2017.

Deck (60)
    4 Aether Vial
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Council’s Judgement
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa’s Jitte
    4 Mother of Runes
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    3 Serra Avenger
    3 Flickerwisp
    2 Mirran Crusader
    1 Eight and a Half Tail
    1 Gisela the Broken Blade
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    3 Karakas
    1 Cavern of Souls
    10 Plains

Sideboard (15)

4 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Path to Exile
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Cataclysm
    1 Mirran Crusader
    1 Pithing needle
    1 Grafdigger’s Cage

I was going to wait to post this until tomorrow, but since you brought it up... I talk about that list in my article here. It focuses on testing in the new metagame, but I talk about three different taxes lists in it.

Sam S
    Dec 2011
    Newmarket, ON

Is Jotun grunt worth looking at again for an early fat body and some graveyard control?

Might be good for Eldrazi and keeping the bin small.
    Allows the deck to apply some early pressure while it builds up board presence.

Unban Survival of the Fittest Activist
    Oct 2016
    Netherlands

How do you ever beat Eldrazi. I've never tilted this hard before in a matchup. I've played vs the same guy in multiple leagues in the past few days and he just plays through multiple wastelands+ports like its nothing. If I SFM, he just plays TKS and strips it.
    Depends, if they go eye mimic, Eldrazi temple TKS, land + reality smasher then the game is just hard. You shouldn't feel upset losing a game in which they curve out perfectly.

You already pointed out what you should be doing, attack their landbase agressively. If you run the WR build, then magus will help you allot in the matchup.
    Flickerwisps are also good versus their Endless ones, basicly acting as a removal spell + throwing down a body.

Mother of Runes is useless in the matchup, if you know your facing Eldrazi G1, and your hand is mediocre with a mother included, then basicly take a mulligan as you wont ''lose a card'' like that. If you draw into mom game 1 just use her as a chump blocker for something big like an Endless one, TKS.

G2 sideboard board out mothers, bring in Path to Exile if you have them, or councils judgement. If you happen to run Ensnaring bridge versus SnT bring it in, its pretty decent in the matchup.Cataclysm can also be effective, but it depends moreso on the boardstate you worked toward to. [I once made a blowout with it by going cataclysm keeping vial, land, avenger, he kept city of traitors and endless one, activate vial put in flickerwisp targetting endless one]

Dont durdle to long in the matchups as they tend to run 2x all is dust, meaning they will blow you out if the game takes to long.

Serra avengers [or basicly any other flyer] are pretty solid in the matchup, coupled with a sword they block most things coming down.

Also keep in mind when he plays TKS, with the trigger on the stack you can STP or Path the mofo.

If you have SFM go into Bskull as this is a good blocker versus their deck their removal is limited in numbers, chances are lower then usueal that the SFM gets removed before he can deploy the Bskull. If they have TKS as an answer so be it, once Bskull is down it should increase your win % allot from that point on.

Keep an eye out for Walking ballista tech [answer with revoker], also expect Warping wail to hit something of you. [they tend to run 2, or that and dismembers]

Its not the best matchup for you as their basicly ramping + play big creatures. Which is something were not used to needing to handle.

@ posted list:
    My pupil tested Gisela at the tournament last month but wasn't impressed by the card. There hadn't been a single matchup where she made a difference. That aside he told me that in most cases he rather had drawn an avenger as it comes down sooner and the vigilance is a big +. We have plenty of lifegain in our deck with jitte and Bskull, so the only real situation where she outshines Avenger is when facing Delvers on the other side.

Eigh and a half tails seems to me to be a heavy mana investment, you need at least 3 mana open at all times to have a ''better Mother effect''. I expect that once you draw a rishadan port, you will be forced to choose to either port, or keep the mana open to play defensively. Likewise, I foresee this card only shining if you have an active vial out, otherwise it just hinders playing out creatures if you want to make use of his ability.

Rough comparison I make with 8 tails is Tasigur, his ability got people all hyped up, but most realised quick enough that you are already in a winning board position 9 out of 10 times if you are able to use his 4 mana ability to recur cards. Little sidenote here is that his Legendary status will also have contributed to ppl cutting him in favor of Gurmag Angler. Reason why I make this comparison is because if you really are able to hold up 3 mana every turn, that means the game already progressed past at least turn 5 orso, which is ussealy the midgame part where you start equipping stuff and swinging rather then sandbag yourself further and wait for the sweeper. .

I guess the dude expected a large amount of BUG that day if he wields 2 mirran main and 1 SB. I would personally swap out the mirran in his SB for an Absolute law, but thats most likely me hating any Red card in magic. Grixis has acces to a couple of cards postboard that can 2 for 1 us easily.

Another rough guess im making is the reason why he included Councils main is to free up some SB slots.
    Last edited by Emurian; 06-04-2017 at 08:03 PM.

I played 6 out of 7 rounds at the Quest for Power at MTGFirst. There was something like 120 people, large tournament and certainly the largest tournament I've played in 2 years. It was run incredibly smoothly once they got going -- props to the people at MTGFirst.

Unfortunately I turned in one of my worst, if not my worst, D&T performances ever -- 1-5 -- so I'm not sure how much this info is going to help. I'm out of practice since it's literally been months since I played Legacy because there aren't any weekly tournaments near me anymore. Decklist:

4 Mother of Runes
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Flickerwisp
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Mirran Crusader
    2 Magus of the Moon
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Palace Jailer
    1 Pia and Kiran Nalaar

4 Aether Vial
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Batterskull
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Plains
    4 Wasteland
    2 Plateau
    1 Scrubland
    3 Windswept Heath
    3 Flooded Strand
    3 Karakas
    3 Cavern of Souls

Sideboard
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Kambal, Consul of Allocation
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Leonin Relic-Warder
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    1 Cunning Sparkmage

Tournament Results:
    Grixis Delver Loss 1-2 (WLL): Game 1, vial turned out recruiter, flickerwisp, crusader and he didn't have an answer for the crusader. Game 2, he opens with two delvers and I kept a slow six-card hand. Game 3, he bolts Thalia on turn 3, then wastes my Cavern and Stifles a flooded strand that I was going to use to cast Magus. I never got another threat on the board.

Sneak and Show Win 2-1 (LWW): Game 1, he sneaks in Emrakul and I concede with no permanents and nothing seemingly on the way (maybe conceded too soon). Game 2, I go Plains, Cavern, Thalia, Wasteland, Kambal and he nevers recovers. Game 3, he doesn't seem to have any action. He Show and Tells for Sneak Attack but I have Revoker. He finds nothing else, which didn't matter since I was sitting on 2x Containment Priests.

4c Loam Loss 1-2 (WLL): Game 1, I drop a bunch of creatures and he doesn't seem to have answers. Palace Jailer on Confidant, then Flickerwisp the Jailer to get KotR, drawing cards all the while from being the monarch. Game 2, I keep a hand with one land and 2x Vial that both get Abrupt Decayed. Game 3, I keep a hand with 2x Mom and a vial, but vial gets Decayed and I don't really see much action after that. He eventually gets a huge KotR and Punishing Fires the Moms. I didn't see a Recruiter or a Magus in any of the three games.

BUG Control Loss 1-2 (WLL) Game 1, I have Batterskull in my opener with Stoneforge. He drops Liliana of the Veil, but I flash in Batterskull in response. Batterskull grinds things away while his DRS eats various cards in my graveyard until I drop Magus followed by Pia and Kiran. Batterskull on a thopter tokens ends it quickly. Game 2, turn 1 (!) Dread of Night. Mom and Thalia sit uselessly in my hand as I get run over. Game 3, turn 2 (!) Dread of NIght. He gets JtMS and I lose to his ultimate. I was never really in those games.

Food Chain Loss 0-2. At this point, the wheels really fell off. Game 1, He runs me over with 3 Griffins and a Scourge. Game 2, turn 1 (!) Dread of Night. I really don't like that card. I play a Cunning Sparkmage, find Stoneforge and a Batterskull. He kills the germ token and I put the batterskull on the Sparkmage. He decides to end it, plays food chain and goes infinite.

BUG Delver Loss 0-2. Game 1, I'm making mistakes -- ticked Vial up to 2 without putting Mom into play for example. He hits me with 3 (!) Hymns and all my cards go in the bin. He gets Tombstalker then double Tarmogoyf. Game 2, I keep a slow hand with Vial. He Decays my Vial on turn 2, then has Edict for my Mirran Crusader. Delver and Tarmogoyf finish me off.

Overall -- I miss Rishadan Port in this build. Against Loam, Maze was a big problem since I couldn't find Recruiter/Magus. I probably was fetching colors incorrectly but I was fairly conservative on getting dual lands until I absolutely needed to. Getting hit with Dread of Night three times is obviously a big problem that Serra Avenger solves better than most other creatures. Everyone seemed to have plenty of Abrupt Decays ready on turn 2/3. My Vials rarely got going, although when they did work they were game-winning. Batterskull was surprisingly awesome. Usually SoFaI works for me, but Batterskull seemed to be what I needed today and it put in some work.

Next time -- I think I will head back to a RW version and get back the Ports.

Oct 2016
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
    . I'm out of practice since it's literally been months since I played Legacy because there aren't any weekly tournaments near me anymore.
    Sidenote: This site is often slightly laggy and buggy, and it seems to allow X persons each month to sign up. Aside of that, its free. Untap.in. You can use that site to practise a bit online to keep your skills sharp =).

Quick question, did you pluck your list somewhat from this site and wielded it for the first time? [aka are you used playing mono white only]

Reason why I ask is because the WR(x) build plays out a bit differently at some games [due to higher mana curve], which might be the reason why your performance wasn't optimal. [Though from what im reading you just got seriously unlucky that your opponent found their singleton Dread of night every game pff]

Reflecting back on the games did you learn anything new? You pointed out that maybe your fetching wasn't optimal, though while reading your description you seem to apply the same reasoning as me [fetch for said dual the moment you need it to cast the splash card]

Do you still roughly know your sideboard planning? How often did you side in Kambal? [Seems like he would have been solid in all the matches you lost.]
    I haven't tried Kambal in DnT yet, but I did test him at a tournament with my deadguy ale list [1 main 1 SB] I have to say the card is pretty legit vs cantrip decks [Grixis, BUG, Czech pile] Dealing on average 6-8 damage a game. What are your experiences with the card so far?

Is there a reason why you don't have a sanctum prelate in your decklist? If you run 1 E.canonist main, then I would have kept 1 in the SB and traded the other one for a prelate.

With your landbase you should be able to cut a cavern and a plains to add 2 ports. Normally I would have suggested cutting the Scrubland too if it wasn't for the 2x kambal in the SB next to the Pontiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Emurian View Post
    Sidenote: This site is often slightly laggy and buggy, and it seems to allow X persons each month to sign up. Aside of that, its free. Untap.in. You can use that site to practise a bit online to keep your skills sharp =).

Quick question, did you pluck your list somewhat from this site and wielded it for the first time? [aka are you used playing mono white only]

Reason why I ask is because the WR(x) build plays out a bit differently at some games [due to higher mana curve], which might be the reason why your performance wasn't optimal. [Though from what im reading you just got seriously unlucky that your opponent found their singleton Dread of night every game pff]

Reflecting back on the games did you learn anything new? You pointed out that maybe your fetching wasn't optimal, though while reading your description you seem to apply the same reasoning as me [fetch for said dual the moment you need it to cast the splash card]
    Most of my experience is Mono-W. I've put in some practice with RW to know that it plays differently, but I don't have a good feel for how to compensate yet. Even just goldfishing would help with getting the fetching sequencing down.

Do you still roughly know your sideboard planning? How often did you side in Kambal? [Seems like he would have been solid in all the matches you lost.]
    I haven't tried Kambal in DnT yet, but I did test him at a tournament with my deadguy ale list [1 main 1 SB] I have to say the card is pretty legit vs cantrip decks [Grixis, BUG, Czech pile] Dealing on average 6-8 damage a game. What are your experiences with the card so far?
    I did bring in Kambal a lot, but he got stranded a lot. My vials were Decayed often and early, sometimes after I had fetched a plains that could have gone for Scrubland instead. The game I got Hymned 3 times, the first Hymn got lands 3-4 and my 3cc cards got stuck in my hand.

Is there a reason why you don't have a sanctum prelate in your decklist? If you run 1 E.canonist main, then I would have kept 1 in the SB and traded the other one for a prelate.

With your landbase you should be able to cut a cavern and a plains to add 2 ports. Normally I would have suggested cutting the Scrubland too if it wasn't for the 2x kambal in the SB next to the Pontiff.
    I would normally run 1x Prelate but was trying out the maindeck Canonist. It didn't do much (got countered the only Game 1 I saw it) so I'll go back to Prelate.

From what I heard on stream, the commentators said the field seemed very hostile towards D&T. No D&T pilots performed well, no matter what deck configuration they were on.

Oct 2016
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    From what I heard on stream, the commentators said the field seemed very hostile towards D&T. No D&T pilots performed well, no matter what deck configuration they were on.
    So, uptick in Dread of nights and Sulfur Elementals I guess?

Ive also seen people in other threads stating that their packing Engineered plague's again. Partly because its a way to keep the board clear of TNN, DnT and Elves.

For the number crunch addicts amongst us. Is there one of us that kept track the most used SB cards after post top ban ? I would like to know if most hate comes in the form of stated cards, or golgari charm effects or varying spice [izzit staticcaster style] (While your @ it, I would like to know if the amount of Abrupt Decay's are declining like some predicted)

Maybe its time to include Wilt Leaf Liege/Gideon again in the SB's if the largest part of the hate boils down to -1-1. [Im personally not a fan of veteran armorer]

I haven't taken the deck myself to our local tournaments for the last 3 months, opted to lend it out to my pupil while I was screwing around with Enchantress and Deadguy Ale so I haven't noticed the change in hate cards vs DnT personally. One thing that I did notice while wielding the 2 other decks was that Humility is really solid in the current meta. Humility + Lingering Souls + Equipment = win in allot of games that I played.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Emurian View Post
    For the number crunch addicts amongst us. Is there one of us that kept track the most used SB cards after post top ban ? I would like to know if most hate comes in the form of stated cards, or golgari charm effects or varying spice [izzit staticcaster style] (While your @ it, I would like to know if the amount of Abrupt Decay's are declining like some predicted)
    These are imperfect measures but--

For SB, if you go here, select Legacy, last two weeks, and sideboard, you get the most played sideboard cards and the average number of them (big events, small events, & MTGO all jumbled together). Pulling out the ones that knock off multiple critters gets you:

Golgari Charm 13.1 % 1.5
    Toxic Deluge 12.1 % 1.2
    Grim Lavamancer 10.3 % 1.3
    Dread of Night 8.4 % 1.5
    Forked Bolt 6.5 % 1.1
    Zealous Persecution 6.5 % 1.7
    Engineered Explosives 6.1 % 1.1
    Electrickery 5.1 % 1.0
    Fire Covenant 5.1 % 1.0
    Orzhov Pontiff 5.1 % 1.4
    Engineered Plague 4.7 % 1.4
    Volcanic Fallout 4.2 % 1.7
    Kozilek's Return 3.7 % 1.1
    Massacre 3.7 % 1.4
    Pyroclasm 3.7 % 1.3
    Izzet Staticaster 2.8 % 1.0
    Ratchet Bomb 2.8 % 2.0
    Kolaghan's Command 2.3 % 1.6
    Marsh Casualties 2.3 % 1.4
    Sulfur Elemental 2.3 % 3.0
    Supreme Verdict 2.3 % 1.0
    Cunning Sparkmage 1.9 % 1.0
    Darkblast 1.9 % 1.0
    Pyrokinesis 1.9 % 1.8
    Rough / Tumble 1.9 % 1.8
    Sudden Demise 1.9 % 1.0
    Arc Trail 1.4 % 1.0
    Pernicious Deed 1.4 % 1.7
    Blazing Volley 0.9 % 1.0
    Damnation 0.9 % 1.0
    Drop of Honey 0.9 % 1.0
    Firestorm 0.9 % 2.5
    The Abyss 0.9 % 1.0
    Whipflare 0.9 % 2.0
    Barbarian Ring 0.5 % 1.0
    Bonfire of the Damned 0.5 % 1.0
    Cataclysm 0.5 % 1.0
    Cave-In 0.5 % 1.0
    Contagion 0.5 % 4.0
    Culling Scales 0.5 % 1.0
    Fiery Justice 0.5 % 1.0
    Firespout 0.5 % 3.0
    Goblin Sharpshooter 0.5 % 1.0
    Liliana, Death's Majesty 0.5 % 1.0
    Minister of Pain 0.5 % 2.0
    Night of Souls' Betrayal 0.5 % 1.0
    Perish 0.5 % 1.0
    The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale 0.5 % 1.0
    Vengeful Pharaoh 0.5 % 2.0
    Walking Ballista 0.5 % 1.0

For 2016 SB cards you brought up--

Golgari Charm 12.2 % 1.4
    Toxic Deluge 8.9 % 1.3
    Izzet Staticaster 6.7 % 1.1
    Dread of Night 4.8 % 1.4
    Sulfur Elemental 3.8 % 1.3
    Engineered Plague 3.6 % 1.5

So, maybe Deluge and Dread of Night are up and Staticaster is down, among various changes. Zealous Persecution is up too.

For Abrupt Decay:

The same site has MD decay at Abrupt Decay 22.9 % 2.8 for the past two weeks, compared to Abrupt Decay 22.2 % 3.3 for all of 2016.

TCDecks counts MD and SB together.

In total #s, they have AD as the 12th most-played nonland card in May, post-Top.
    Pre-ban, they have AD as the 4th most-played nonland card in March, 5th in February, 4th in January, etc.
    Again, not the clearest measure.

It might be that people are keeping AD but shaving its numbers.

Sep 2011
    Honolulu, HI

The best cards against Eldrazi:

Ratchet Bomb - clears Chalice of the Void and Endless One, Engineered Explosives is similar (on 0)

Path to Exile - most Eldrazi lists run no basics, so Path is better than STP, but you want both, just have to clear Chalice out of the way.

Crackdown - the best card to beat Eldrazi - nothing they can do about it except All is Dust. Moat is similar.

Thalia, Heretic Cathar - slows them down a lot. Makes all of their lands come into play tapped. Removes haste from Reality Smasher. First strike is good with equipment. Can block and bounce with Karakas. Same with regular Thalia - can block and bounce, which stops everything but trample damage

Retribution of the Meek - can be a one-sided Wrath, doesn't kill the small guys tho

Balask Collar - lets your wimps kill their fatties while gaining you life in the process
    "Never argue with a fool, people might not know the difference."

Basilisk Collar is straight garbage. I played it recently in a league and I managed to gain 1 life with it. I never successfully got it to kill a creature, and it wasn't better than other options when I had SFM to search.

Probably the best anti-eldrazi card is ensnaring bridge. I'd always play that over something as narrow and lackluster as crackdown, basilisk collar or retribution of the meek.

If you expect a lot of eldrazi, you can combine it with enlightened tutor in the board. Still flexible for other match-ups and TKS-proof.

@Emurian

Here's what Kylx Marx told me:

"All these big events and this whole meta has been so hostile to DnT. It seems that at the quest for power people showed up with decks to beat combo and the decks that are just fair and generically powerful just smushed them and ruled the day. That's the sense I got walking the floor."

Edit:

Also, some really interesting D&T lists in the Legacy Challenge results. Of note, Scabs is Enevoldson.

@Medea_
    Enevoldsen's list was very interesting.

- Really makes use of the Ancient Tombs with Thalia 2.0, Displacer, Chalice in the board.
    - Extra removal tricks and anti-combo creature with maindeck Priest + Displacer + 4 Flickerwisp.
    - 0 Recruiter, 0 Prelate
    - Displacer + Flickerwisp allow more PJ resets if they hit us.
    - 1 Vryn for TGoT #5

For WW, I like this.

May 2017
    New Zealand

Very encouraging results! 1st (interesting), 8th (nice aggro), and 9th (orzhov)

I've noticed that there's a lot of control in these top 32, medea.... does DnT thrive in such a meta?

On other news there should be some results trickling in but http://tcdecks.net/tierdecks.php for May 2017 reveal 0.046 X 2115 = 97.29 means DtB's currently stand at:
    - Grixis Pyromancer 236
    - Sneak Attack 129
    - ANT 129
    - Infect 113
    - UR Burn 111
    - Eldrazi 103
    - BUG delver 99
    - Bug Control 99

I watch results daily (it's slower than watching the markets really), and have noticed some interesting movements week 3-4 resulting in things like Eldrazi rising again, so wonder if this bloke today noticing the same thing to prey on in Vegas?

@Rostov

Looking at the matchups that are potentially the decks to beat you listed:

- Grixis Pyromancer- I feel favored here on any build, though Julian's data from MKM suggests it might be unfavorable for the average pilot.
    - Sneak Attack- I feel favored here on the traditional W build with 3 Revokers and 3 Karakas. Sanctum Prelate is the icing on the cake. Splash builds are slightly worse here.
    - ANT- I consider this one pretty even. It might be slightly unfavorable now since the deck has more slots to dedicate to non-Miracles matchups. Splashes don't matter here.
    - Infect- Unfavorable for W. Closer to even or even for splash builds. Cards like Cunning Sparkmage and Pontiff make a big difference here.
    - UR Burn- Favorable. This is clunkier than regular Burn, so you often have time to get equipment online.
    - Eldrazi- Unfavorable. Their nut draws are great. We don't beat those. Magus is a house if you are on red.
    - BUG delver- Favorable. More favorable as you add more copies of Mirran Crusader or Magus to your deck.
    - Bug Control- Favorable. More favorable as you add more copies of Mirran Crusader or Magus to your deck.

Sitting right outside of the ones you listed are a handful of bad matchups like Elves and 4C Deathblade though, so keep that in mind.

Went 3-0-2 at a Eternal Weekend Trial on Sunday with Wb DnT with the splash for Pontiff and a Kambal.

List

3 Mother of Runes
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Aether Vial
    4 Stoneforge Mystic
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Serra Avenger
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Recruiter of the Guard
    2 Sanctum Prelate
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    4 Flickerwisp
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    1 Palace Jailer
    1 Batterskull
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    3 Flooded Strand
    2 Scrubland
    5 Plains
    3 Karakas
    2 Cavern of Souls

SB:

1 Pithing Needle
    1 Leonin Relic Warder
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Rest in Peace
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Council's Judgment
    1 Mirran Crusader
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Blessed Alliance
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Kambal, Consul of Allocation

R1 vs Portent Miracles (1-1-1) 0-0-1

G1: I overload his removal spells with Equipment and land a prelate on 1. I beat him to death through a mentor with batterskull, jitte, and Sword.

G2: Feeling good that I have a reasonable clock going with Mother, Thalia, karakas, vial he cliques himself eot to rip an Entreat late in the game.

G3: With only 5 minutes left, we draw G3.

R2 vs Portent Miracles again. (2-0) 1-0-1

G1: I have the recruiter chain going fetching the other recruiter and equipping it with Sword of Fire and Ice. I eventually beat him to death through multiple terminus.

G2: I get a few shots and remove an Izzet Staticaster with Council's Judgment before equipping up a SFM with a sword. He manages to get rid of my board but I land Kambal with Cavern, Karakas,. He has a mentor but it looks real awkward in the face of Kambal draining him for 2 for every spell. Eventually he can't cast spells and he scoops it up.

I wasn't sure how to board but I went for -3 Swords -1 Crusader, -1 Revoker, +2 Surgical, Needle, Judgment, +1 Kambal

R3 vs BUG Delver (2-0) 2-0-1

G1: I'm on the play and go Cavern Mom. He wastelands. I play plains pass turn and follow it up with a 2nd cavern to play Thalia. Eventually I draw Mirran Crusader and he can't beat that.

G2: I keep a 1 land Plains, Vial, Rest in Peace, SFM, Thalia, Flickerwisp, 2x Crusader hand and get rewarded on T2 ripping a 2nd land after he decays my vial. Rest in peace makes short work of all his threats and a plow on a delver ends it.

SB: +1 Blessed Alliance, +1 Path, +2 Rip, +1 Judgment, +1 Crusader. -2 Prelate, -1 Revoker, -1 Jailer, -1 Recruiter

R4 vs Grixis Delver (2-0) 3-0-1

G1: T1 Mom gets bolted. T2 SFM gets Jitte. T3 Thalia with karakas back up and cavern cast makes it hard for him. T4 Equip jitte and swing. Jitte takes over the game, winning through TNN.

G2: I put T1 Vial, T2 plow delver +2nd vial. I eventually vial in Thalia with Karakas backup and 2 vials on 3/2. He forces me to bounce thalia 1 turn while vials were down and therapies it out. Luckily I draw a 2nd one immediately and it continues to tax him hard with port. I get a board of Serra Avenger, Thalia and Flickerwisp and he tries to Fire Covenant my creatures. Bounce Thalia and replay it afterwards and it continues the beats. Overall a crushing match with DnT executing its gameplan perfectly.

R5 ID Draw with Turbo Depths 3-0-2

I lent him the deck so I knew the matchup and list but we drew so we could go get food.

Top 8: Only 1 person was going to EW so we all scooped him the byes.

The top 8 were 2 Elves, 2 Dnt, Turbo Depths, Shardless, Junk (The Rock) Eldrazi.

I think I really want a Sword of War and Peace in my Sideboard for the growing number of Miracles decks. The matchup feels fairly easy as they really can't beat recruiter chains with equipment.
    Solnox on MTGO

Miracles is a good matchup for depths. Quote me on this

Griselbrand is not an interesting creature.

Dread it. Run from it. Marit Lage still arrives

Thread Information