Page 215 of 533 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 10645

Thread: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Re: [Deck] Death and Taxes

Hi, do you know about somebody who streams DaT matches? (mtgo...) (or where I can find some archive with such streams) thx

need to observe some skilled players :)

Quote Originally Posted by koule View Post
    Hi, do you know about somebody who streams DaT matches? (mtgo...) (or where I can find some archive with such streams) thx need to observe some skilled players :)
    you should definitively watch this awesome match where Thomas Enevoldsen survives 2 emrakul attacks: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Twz77o0p8

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleptik View Post
    you should definitively watch this awesome match where Thomas Enevoldsen survives 2 emrakul attacks after having already been hit with Griselbrand: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Twz77o0p8
    Careful, we wouldn't want to undersell how ridiculous that game was.

Quote Originally Posted by hill_giant View Post
    Careful, we wouldn't want to undersell how ridiculous that game was.
    I have already seen many of videos from youtube. I am looking for some material, where somebody plays regulary (daily events etc..)

or if somebody knows about some Blog, or pages with "tips, how to play" like https://enlightenedtutor.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by koule View Post
    I have already seen many of videos from youtube. I am looking for some material, where somebody plays regulary (daily events etc..)

or if somebody knows about some Blog, or pages with "tips, how to play" like https://enlightenedtutor.wordpress.com/
    I think bahra streams with it, or at least used to, which would mean that there'd be replays to watch. I'm not 100% though, since I don't really watch streamers.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

We got a new toy, guys:

Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
    Legendary Creature - Spirit Soldier
    Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, bolster 1.
    2/2

Counters -1/-1 effects and has synergy with Karakas and Flickerwisp. I like it.

yes was just thinking the same!! Think it will be neat as a 2 off orso

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    We got a new toy, guys:

Whenever another nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, bolster 1.
    2/2

Right Hand of Doom
    Sep 2011
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    We got a new toy, guys:

2/2

Sounds neat, board or main? I think it'd be a nice one-of in the 60.

Being able to buff up Thalia or Revoker sounds good to me, even if it's effect is simply "whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on it."
    "Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons."

I write articles about Legacy Death and Taxes. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbed Blightning View Post
    Sounds neat, board or main? I think it'd be a nice one-of in the 60.

Being able to buff up Thalia or Revoker sounds good to me, even if it's effect is simply "whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on it."
    It would have to take the spot for a beater, since it doesn't hate on anything really. It only improves our creatures in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahra View Post
    It would have to take the spot for a beater, since it doesn't hate on anything really. It only improves our creatures in combat.
    Technically it will also protect one creature against -1/-1 effects if you vial something in and trigger Anafenza, but I consider that pretty weak for something in the main deck.

I agree with the spirit of the point however, that I am not impressed.

hard to say just how good (if any) it will be, but I don't think this is a sideboard card against -1-1 effects. It would be quite clunky and vulnerable at that. If this ends up shining, I suspect it will be in the main deck, probably in place of the Avenger slots...

Anafenza seems slow, encourages potentially over extending, requires investment to out beat Mirran Crusader/Serra Avenger and is a medicore top deck. Crusader and Avenger can also beat through most blockers, while Anafenza cannot. It'd be cool to be wrong but I don't think she's playable in DNT.

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

hi, want to clarify that i've never actually played this deck, so my opinion isn't worth that much, but is there a reason why Honor of the Pure isn't considered as an answer to Dread of Night?

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I can answer that.

I have used Honor of the Pure in the past. It is not terrible. But it is just narrow. It does nothing on its own. It is an answer to hate which is generally not what you want to be doing in anything except a combo deck. If -1 effects are enough to completely destroy a deck that is not combo, you need to start over on the deck.

That said, the replacement answer that many folks use is Wilt-Leaf Liege which is far more broad.

As for the Anafenza, I would be more inclined if bolster let you choose the target. 2/2 moms are not impressive.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    hi, want to clarify that i've never actually played this deck, so my opinion isn't worth that much, but is there a reason why Honor of the Pure isn't considered as an answer to Dread of Night?
    Council's judgement, disenchant and oblivion ring all answer cards like Dread of Night whilst also dealing with other problems. Anthem/Honour of the Pure effects are just too narrow and aren't worth wasting sideboard slots.

Dec 2013
    Chicago

I am going to try a 1/1 split between this new lady and Serra Avenger. Avenger has been impressing me less and less lately.

As for the comment on wishing you could choose which creature you get to buff, you basically do get this range of choice in DNT since SO many of the creatures have 1 toughness. Say hello to 3/2 thalia's and 4/2 flickerwisps.

Essentially, I like my creatures in DNT to be as tricky as possible, and Serra Avenger just isn't that. It's good at carrying equipment, but so are Flickerwisp, Thalia, and Mirran Crusader. At least Anafenza is another card to reward us for playing Karakas, as well as assist in beating the various small sweeper sideboard cards that so many decks lean on to beat us. I fully admit that I might be overvaluing it, but I think its worth the testing time and I will be looking to trade for a foil copy.

Mar 2007
    RI

Got excited seeing Legendary Creature - Spirit Soldier. Anafenza, the only spirit without flying~ I keep hoping for that Legendary 2/x flier at 2cc - some of the application against Delver that Serra Avenger has (trading/mom advantage) - the awesome Karakas interactions against attrition matches.

I preordered a few to give them a spin anyway. I'm not too hopeful, but testing will tell.
    TPDMC

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by from Cairo View Post
    Got excited seeing Legendary Creature - Spirit Soldier. Anafenza, the only spirit without flying~ I keep hoping for that Legendary 2/x flier at 2cc - some of the application against Delver that Serra Avenger has (trading/mom advantage) - the awesome Karakas interactions against attrition matches.

I preordered a few to give them a spin anyway. I'm not too hopeful, but testing will tell.
    Kamigawa block has tons of non-flyer white spirits.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Lieutenant Kirtar is a card. I don't think we have ever discussed it at all, but it is not terrible.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Lieutenant Kirtar is a card. I don't think we have ever discussed it at all, but it is not terrible.
    If only the sac ability was free...it might even be playable.

Finn, I love your encyclopedic knowledge of white weenies. Keep it up
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Thread Information