Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: U.M.T.W. (Ultimate Magic Tournament Weekend)

U.M.T.W. (Ultimate Magic Tournament Weekend)

Hello Everyone,

There will be another set of great Legacy magic tournaments taking place in the Syracuse area of New York. Make sure to come to both of these events that will occur on back to back days over the Veteran Day Holiday Weekend. The tournament will be "x" rounds of swiss and then top 8 playoff. Top 8 prize structure will be draft from a selection of 10 prizes so 1st and 2nd will get 2 picks. There will also be many random giveaways thoughtout the day.

Dates: November 10 and November 11 (Veterans Day Weekend)

Location: Best Western Syracuse Airport Inn. Address is Hancock International Airport Syracuse, NY 13212. This hotel is literally, 2 minutes walking distance from the airport so it is very easy to find. Room rates average about $80 if you are looking to get a hotel room.

Tournament Format: Legacy

Sanctioned: Yes

Judges: Richard Bourque and Jason Corrigan. Each will be taking one day.

Prize Support: GUARANTEED

Price: $30 per tournament OR Discount price of $50 if you pay for both tournaments on November 10th ($25 apiece)

Deck Registration: Will be required for both days. Even if you pay for both days on Saturday, you must still fill out and submit a deck registration sheet on Sunday.

Time: For both days, Doors will open at 9:30 AM and registration will begin at 10:00 AM. Tournament will begin at 11:00 AM.

Best Part, Prize Support:
    November 10th Tournament:

1) 2 x FBB Tundra
    2) 2 x FBB Volcanic Island
    3) 4 x Force of Will
    4) 4 x Foil DCI promo Swords to Plowshares
    5) 3 x Foil DCI promo Wasteland & 2 x Foil scourge Decree of Justice
    6) 3 x Foil Judge Promo Meddling Mage
    7) 2 x Foil Crucible of Worlds
    8) 2 x FBB Plateau & 4 x Foil 8th Pyroclasm
    9) 4 x Foil Judge Promo Mishra's Factory
    10) Playmat with Christopher Rush design of Black Lotus on it. (Value is atleast $100 to be on the safe side. Will come with Certificate of Authenticity.)

9th place prize -- 4 x Foil FNM Fire//Ice

Some of the giveaways for this day- 4 x Foil Pyroclastic Pillar, 3 x foil tormods crypt, 4 x foil standstill and more.

November 11th Tournament Prize Support:
    1) 2 x FBB Tundra
    2) 2 x FBB Volcanic Island
    3) 4 x Revised Badlands & 4 x Foil 7th Enginnered Plague
    4) 2 x Foil Pithing Needle
    5) 2 x Foil Flooded Strand
    6) 4 x Foil Textless Wrath of God & 3 x Foil Engineered Explosives
    7) 4 x Foil Judge Promo Counterspell (NOT FNM)
    8) 4 x Foil Dark Confidant
    9) 4 x Foil Arcbound Ravager
    10) Ultra Pro 5 deck carrying case with the fixens of dice, life counters, unused and unopen gold deck sleeves

9th place prize -- 4 x Foil FNM Brainstorm

Some of the giveaways for this day - 3 x foil tormods crypt, 3 x foil stifle, 1 x foil flooded strand and much more

Condition of Prize Support: Almost 90% of the cards are ex+ condition to near mint condition. So you won't have to worry about all beat up cards as prizes.

Raffle: On both days I will be selling raffle tickets for a $1 to raffle off a almost complete Foiled Affinity Deck before top 8 is played out on November 11th. Also, raffle tickets will be given out for free based upon play. The deck has all these cards foiled in playsets: disciple of the vault, frogmite, arcbound worker, ornithopter, aether vial, cranial plating, shrapnel blast, darksteel citadel, great furnace, vault of whispers. There are also these cards: 3 x foil chromatic star, 3 x foil FNM cabal therapy, 3 x foil shattering spree, 2 x lotus petal and 3 x antiquities atog.

Dealers:
    Saturday
    -- Eli will be on hand buying, selling and trading cards.
    Sunday
    -- Eli will be here again buying, selling and trading cards.

Side Events:
    On both days Eli will be running booster drafts that begin after the 3rd round. So if you have a bad showing at the legacy event, then don't worry, you might fare better in the booster drafts.

I hope everyone will show up to these tournaments. Tell your friends, fellow magic players and post this on any other website that might draw more people in. I would like to have a great tournament showing on both days. Be creative on deck building, For example Hollywood who comes up with creative decks like Polar Express .

If you have any opinions or thoughts, let me know. I am a magic player and will run this tournament as such, so I am open to suggestions. There will be a lunch break for both tournaments. If you would like to have a dealer table on Sunday to buy, sell and trade cards then please contact me.
    Last edited by Oathmaster; 10-21-2007 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Updated Info

Bryant Cook

Re: U.M.T.W. (Ultimate Magic Tournament Weekend)

AWESOME! I hope this does well for you man, you've always been a cool guy. However, the only problem I see is that some cards don't come in playsets which will turn players away.

Small Eyed Unicorn
    Mar 2006
    RoChEsTa

There is a possible Rochester Unicorn Dual land Draft being set up at around this same time. Hopefully they don't interfere with eachother.
    Team Unicorn- "I'm Horny."

"The Wandering One" of Legacy.

"Glimmervoid, Go."

Bryant Cook

Plan around it, he posted his first.

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

So you only win 2 FBB duals? That's a damn shame....since those are worth more than a playset of normal duals... Hopefully this gets decent support as Justin is a stand-up guy, time to ask for that weekend off....
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

If you win both tournaments you get a set of FBB blue duals. I doubt I can show up to this but I'm sure as heck as going to try.
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples

Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

Apr 2006
    Worcester/Boston, MA

No, if you win both you get 4 FBB Blue Duals, plus 2 other prizes...

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by iOWN View Post
    No, if you win both you get 4 FBB Blue Duals, plus 2 other prizes...
    Yeah sorry, forgot about 9th and 10th picks as well.
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples

Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

God you New Yorkers make me jealous. You've had like 50 decent Legacy tournaments in the past month. I may be exaggerating, but only slightly.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

It's pretty sweet, I'm not gonna lie.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    God you New Yorkers make me jealous. You've had like 50 decent Legacy tournaments in the past month. I may be exaggerating, but only slightly.
    Oh, how it is to not live in the middle of nowhere.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

I must say, I am rather excited. I also must say, I am rather frustrated that I will be spending like $1000 in tournament fees for the rest of the year as we are going to have so many good tournaments coming up. Awesome.

This looks pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by wastedlife View Post
    i hate you. please die in a fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenieBopper View Post
    It's a size thing. Europe has 300 million people, but only takes like 20 minutes to drive across the entire continent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belgareth View Post
    That's the most ridiculous thing I have heard.
    Europe is Huge, no wonder people question Americans Geography skills

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    I must say, I am rather excited. I also must say, I am rather frustrated that I will be spending like $1000 in tournament fees for the rest of the year as we are going to have so many good tournaments coming up. Awesome.

This looks pretty damn good.
    I KNOW! East coast for life.

Banned
    Sep 2004
    fairfax VA

Quote Originally Posted by sammiel View Post
    i hate you. please die in a fire.
    Don't hate him because you live in the middle of nowhere.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by wastedlife View Post
    I live in the middle of somewhere, thank you very much. Seattle is by no means a 'nowhere' town.

The problem is that, along the west coast all of the 'somewheres' are spaced pretty damn far apart. Shit's just closer over there, because all of your states are so tiny.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

I wouldn't consider New York a "tiny" state, but ok.

Winter is coming...
    Dec 2005

My friends once drove from a town in Texas (I believe it was called "Houston") 1470 miles to Las Vegas. The midway point of the trip was the Texas state line.

All east coast states are tiny.
    I've never seen him so upset....or ever before.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    My friends once drove from a town in Texas (I believe it was called "Houston") 1470 miles to Las Vegas. The midway point of the trip was the Texas state line.

All east coast states are tiny.
    Driving through West Texas is like traveling back in time. Nothing but tumbleweed and rundown little gas stations every 50 miles.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

Bryant Cook

What people who aren't from the east coast fail to understand is we're putting up these events. It's not like they come from nowhere land (If they did you'd have them), people are doing it on thier own. If your area of the country doesn't have large events, throw an event together. There's nothing is wrong with that.

Thread Information