Thread: Opalesence - Parallax Wave

Opalesence - Parallax Wave

Opalesence and Parallax Wave. The wave remove itself from the game thene it comes into play with 5 new counters. So i could permanently remove 4 creatures from the game, or make infinite CiP effects, or life with Soul Warden, or kill with Vulshok Sorcerer or some other janky stuff.

Does that work? I dont think so because the oracle says:
    Remove a fade counter from Parallax Wave: Remove target creature from the game if Parallax Wave is in play.
    But that makes no sence for me...

What is if i have another Parallax Wave in play?

What is if i have a Parallax Tide a Wave and a Opalesence in play? Infinite mana?

That is realy confusing for me could someone explane me how and why!
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Re: Opalesence - Parallax Wave

What the alteration does is make it so if the Wave is removed from the game with its own ability in response to the other removals, you cannot simply remove 4 creatures permanently from the game.

You cannot make infinities due to this errata.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

Another Opalesence question - Suppose I have a bunch of enchantments out for more than one turn, then drop Opalesence. Can they swing (that turn)? They've only just started to become creatures.
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

~Kirei sora no Kuraiyami~

Jun 2007

Doesn't it work differently if a Parallax Wave removes another Parallax Wave? I read something about that in the Wizard of the Coast website, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by lonelybaritone View Post
    Another Opalesence question - Suppose I have a bunch of enchantments out for more than one turn, then drop Opalesence. Can they swing (that turn)? They've only just started to become creatures.
    Yes. You have controlled the PERMANENT since the start of your turn. As far as summoning sickness goes, when the permanent became a creature is not relevant. What is relevant is if you have controlled it since the start of your turn.
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.

Utterly ViLe
    Sep 2006

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSkies View Post
    Doesn't it work differently if a Parallax Wave removes another Parallax Wave? I read something about that in the Wizard of the Coast website, but I can't seem to find it anymore.
    Sort of. If Parallax Wave removes itself, it will not come back, but if it is removed via another Wave, it will. You still cannot go infinite via this process.

Either way if the Parallax Wave is not in play for the resolution of its own ability, it will do nothing.

Thread Information