Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100
Results 1,981 to 1,985 of 1985

Thread: [Deck] Eva Green - B/g suicide

Sep 2011

Re: [Deck] Eva Green - B/g suicide

It sounds like you want to play Bg aggro-control (creatures & disruption) and not Loam Pox or Depths/other combo. That is Eva Green then.

The Loam + Raven's Crime + Mox Diamond engine has synergy but it works better in a Pox deck. You don't really need it. Look at the rest of the Eva Green thread for ideas.

You can get better access to green by running Prismatic Vista and Forest. These days 2-color decks do not need to have only black fetches into Bayou when there are up to 8 fetches that get both colors of basics (Verdant + Vista). You can also overload on Boseijus, using the first one as a "Forest" if you need to. It's a much better topdeck than any other green land!

Here's an example of some changes you could make

//Lands: 20
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Prismatic Vista
    2 Bayou
    5 Swamp
    1 Forest
    3 Boseiju, Who Endures
    1 Castle Locthwain

//Creatures: 18
    2 Hexdrinker
    4 Dauthi Voidwalker
    4 Dark Confidant
    4 Nighthawk Scavenger
    3 Opposition Agent
    1 Tourach, Dread Cantor

//Spells: 20
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Thoughtseize
    3 Fatal Push
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Sudden Edict

//Enchantments: 2
    2 Sylvan Library

//Sideboard: 15
    3 Plague Engineer
    2 Chains of Mephistopheles
    2 Choke
    2 Powder Keg
    2 Nihil Spellbomb
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Run Afoul

I suggest Powder Keg instead of Ratchet Bomb because Keg kills artifact lands in the popular artifact decks. It misses Enchantments, but you already have Decay and Boseiju to hit those so you should be fine.

You may like the new card Unlicensed Hearse. It eats graveyards while turning your small creatures into big threats. I am not sure if that makes it better than Nihil Spellbomb's card draw, but it's worth testing.

Sylvan Library is more card draw without the Loam engine.

Hexdrinker is a cheap threat that can sink extra mana later in the game.

1 mana removal (Fatal Push) is useful in some fast matchups like Delver. I added SB Run Afoul because Murktide Regent cannot be killed by Fatal Push or Abrupt Decay. Sudden Edict and Run Afoul do answer it. They also answer instant speed Marit Lage, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, Griselbrand. You may still want to find room for the 1 Torpor Orb if your meta has decks like Doomsday, Goblins, Esper Vial, Cephalid Breakfast, Death & Taxes..
    Last edited by FTW; 08-05-2022 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albarkhane View Post
    So the plan now :
    - Black has some nice creatures that are bear-like but carrying some added abilities (voidwalker, ...) that i find very interesting in the meta. I plan to win with them on the battlefield so basically i am playing a fair deck. Those creatures are in the 2-3 range for power and in the 2-3 range too for casting cost. That is much too slow to be a tempo deck so i need some controle and/or CA elements in my deck. Abilities on the creatures will help my plan but i will need more of course. So basically, strategy will be disruption and controle, and when path is clear enough, swing with those creatures.
    Ok so you want to be a creature centric midrange deck built around mox diamond. That has some implications:
    • Without dark ritual the black 3 drops are not up to legacy power level. Dauthi voidwalker + discard and opposition agent really need to be cast on t1. 3 drops that die to bolt are very bad if not cast ahead of schedule.
    • The original mox diamond/bob midrange deck was aggro loam. You should borrow heavily from that deck for inspiration.
    • If you donít want to play depths that is fine, but I would make sure you have rock solid mana. You wonít ever be as fast as depths or as powerful as 4c loam but at least you will be more resilient.
    • These type of decks really need to play to the board. I would not play ravens crime since it is so tempo negative; it only fits in hard control decks.
    • Imo, you need a minimum of 26 lands for mox diamond.

I do think you have a good niche here as 4c loam cutting white and red.
    • Discard instead of chalice means you arenít as reliant on mox diamond.
    • PFire is medium nowadays, but you might want a light red splash for blasts
    • Elvish reclaimer means you donít need white anymore for a ďKOTRĒ
    • Boseiju gives you a reward for having stabler mana
    • Basics are great

Cutting crimes and the expensive black creatures for elvish reclaimer and a gsz package:

// 4 Artifact
    4 Mox Diamond

// 11 Creature
    3 Elvish Reclaimer
    4 Dark Confidant
    1 Collector Ouphe
    1 Shifting Ceratops
    1 Endurance
    1 Dryad Arbor

// 6 Instant
    4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Once upon a Time

// 25 Land
    4 Wasteland
    4 Swamp
    2 Bayou
    2 Forest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Prismatic Vista
    2 Boseiju, Who Endures
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Nuturing Peatland
    1 Karakas

// 3 Planeswalker
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Grist, The Hunger Tide

// 11 Sorcery
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Life from the Loam
    4 Green Sunís Zenith

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 1 Nihil Spellbomb
    SB: 1 Scavenging Ooze
    SB: 1 Torpor Orb
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 3 Plague Engineer
    SB: 2 Choke
    SB: 2 Chains of Mephistopheles
    SB: 1 Outland Liberator
    SB: 2 Inquisition of Kozilek

The reasoning:
    • 1 grist over Liliana, 1 endurance and some sideboard green cards for GSZ reasons
    • GSZ and ouat are the green brainstorm and ponder. You should play them in any deck that has sufficient hits.
    • Reclaimer is often as big as your nighthawks. Nighthawks are better in the ďdonít die to murktide roleĒ but reclaimer for Maze of ith and ceratops should plug that gap.
    • Added some lands for reclaimer and ouat/mox.
    • Dauthi, 1 hymns, and tourack cut for the gsz package. Gsz fills out your curve better and lets you have more non black lands. Especially since you arenít playing Urborg.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

I think going forward, if you want to play this deck, you need endurance and grief

B/G will always be my favorite deck!

Since you have so many off-color lands, I think you should play at least one Urborg.

Nighthawk isn't playable to me. It can block Murktide but its just gonna die to Bolt or Heat and set you back 3/1 mana.

Agree with the other posters on GSZ package and maybe try to fit a Ramunap in, which can hardlock people with Wasteland and goes nicely with Liliana.

Vraska, Golgari Queen could be a nice grinding card in the sideboard.

Thread Information