Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101
Results 2,001 to 2,003 of 2003

Thread: [Deck] Eva Green - B/g suicide

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Re: [Deck] Eva Green - B/g suicide

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Why Cut Down? Fatal Push seems much better. What creatures have CMC > 4 but P/T adding up to 5 or less?
    I read it wrong. Thought it was dismember

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Been playing around with this deck again. Darthi is attacking more often than not. Its never really using its ability

If i do not attack, i go against the plan. What are your guys thoughts

Nov 2017
    France

I have been quite busy recently but i finally managed to get some time for more tests :
    - I gave more tries at dark ritual and i did not change my mind about it : it is nice but not amazing. Mox diamond are the best accelerant but they require us to play lots of lands and make the deck lean toward loam stuff and make it a different deck or strategy. So i finally decided to test ignoble hierarch.
    - I tested 2 grief at high end of the curve. They were quite interesting but a new contender appeared : sheoldred. I was a bit dubious about it but gave it a try.

This afternoon i could go to a small paper tournament (about 20 people, 5 rounds + Top4) and i chose a quite experimental iteration of the deck :

// 22 Creature
    4 Dauthi Voidwalker
    4 Dark Confidant
    3 Opposition Agent
    4 Nighthawk Scavenger
    4 Ignoble Hierarch
    3 Sheoldred, the Apocalypse

// 2 Enchantment
    2 Sylvan Library

// 8 Instant
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Fatal Push
    2 Sudden Edict

// 20 Land
    1 Castle Locthwain
    5 Swamp
    3 Bayou
    1 Forest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Boseiju, Who Endures
    3 Prismatic Vista

// 8 Sorcery
    4 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Thoughtseize

SB: 2 Nihil Spellbomb
    SB: 1 Torpor Orb
    SB: 2 Powder Keg
    SB: 3 Plague Engineer
    SB: 2 Choke
    SB: 3 Chains of Mephistopheles
    SB: 2 Inquisition of Kozilek

There is still room for improvement but the results were quite interesting :
    Round 1 (Aluren, i win 2-0) : sheoldred closed the game twice.
    Round 2 (UW controle, i win 2-0) : the games were quick and brutal.
    Round 3 (Land, i win 2-0) : in game 2, i faced 2 maze of ith + 1 tabernacle and i managed to do 20 damages with sheoldred ! Epic ;)
    Round 4 (UW Narset heavy controle , i loose 0-2) : game 1 was a very long and balanced fight. In game 2, I could not answer Humility and lost because of that.
    Round 5 (Death & Taxes, i loose 0-2) : a matchup that i did not test much so i made several mistakes.

I was not far from Top4 but more important the deck fared really well. Hierarch and Sheoldred went better than expected. I have been missing wastelands a few times but i can live without them. In sideboard, powder keg were average and Assassin's trophy would have been better several times. I never really used sylvan library and i sided her out quite often.

Ignoble hierarch : a nice mana dork and exalt is a real plus. I don't really care if they spend their turn 1 sword/bolt it. The only real drawback is when i fetch basic forest to cast him, he gets killed and i need double black for my next turn. It never happened but could be a problem, i may have to balance differently my color requirements (more green spells).

Sheoldred : i had some fear she could not be enough for Legacy but she quite passed the test (more tests will be done). With exalt, she is a real beast. She can close a game very quick (as long as she stays on the board).

Thread Information