Thread: [Deck] Eva Green - B/g suicide

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

Re: [Deck] Eva Green - B/g suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Hello anwar! My sideboard was the fallowing:

4x Deed
    4x Choke
    3x Seal (Jitte were main, bad meta choice, Seal would have been better)
    4x Leyline

Pretty straightfoward, but I think this side is quite good. Choke is amazing, directly responsable for my win in final vs TEC (the epic control). Leyline was good all day long too, vs Welder Survival in particular. As for deed, I think it's a better card all around than plague, but you could be right. Afterall you know the deck better than I do !

As for the matchups, what would be your sideboard tech against those deck that I face here in Quebec:
    - Survival (with and without welder)
    - Landstill (more often than not U/W/G or U/W, no black ones)
    - Zoo (Kird ape, Goyf, Grim, Bolt, etc.)
    - Burn (wich I didn't face last tournament, but I expect a hard matchup for Eva Green)
    - ******** (red thresh is the most popular)

Burn is a concern for me, because we have a good player here who top8 most of the time with it. Also, no ichorid here, at all in Legacy (but quite a few in Vintage)!
    Survival: I don't board graveyard hate against Survival as it usually is too little too late. I've had very little experience against Welder Survival as no one plays it in my area.

-3 Seal
    +3 Jitte

If you play Dystopia, I would also board that in for Hymn.

Landstill:

-4 Snuff Out
    +4 Choke

Not much to explain here, play the card that wrecks their manabase.

Zoo, Burn:

-3 Seal
    +3 Jitte

Lifegain, creature advantage, and Seal is likely dead.

Red Threshold: Thresh is one of the hardest decks to board for. You need to bring in Choke so you most likely cut Sinkhole as its basically a bad Choke. You probably need something else, but I doubt Deed is that card. I've been playing with Dystopia and Tormod's Crypt. Perhaps you could try Leyline, but its more conditional and a bad topdeck.

With your board:
    -4 Sinkhole
    +4 Choke

Why not board out Seal against Red Thresh?

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

Quote Originally Posted by jamest View Post
    Why not board out Seal against Red Thresh?
    I would board out Seal against Red Thresh, but you need something more to board in. You could keep in Sinkhole, but ideally you would have more cards to board in to improve the matchup.

Membre

Sep 2005
    France

Yeah, the deck is great.

Still, I've got real big trouble fighting burn and GoyfSligh which became rampant in my meta for two Months.

I really don't see how to improve those matchups =/ (I'd hate part with Eva Green just for that)

Now, with AggroLoam beeing more popular (thanks to CSC - damn you you ugly Giant !!), fight your way to Top places could be painful sometimes. Their manaBase is solid (you can't always cut them for green and LftL), their threat density big enough to make you want pack more removal instead of your 4 SnuffOuts...

Sure, SB Leylines and Tombstalker are a pain in their @$$, still an early DD kills half your threats, and theirs (ie:threats) are bigger than yours. I usually lose my 1st game and struggle to win the 2 others.

Damn Meta, you're not kind with my Eva Green...
    *sad panda face*

Fear The Wrath Of God

Nov 2007

I played this deck at a small tournament in my local store but with some changes, don't have thoughtseizes so I played duress instead.

first match I lost 0-2 against echantress, he played 4 elephant grass and that hurted, I had to mull to 5 game 1 and lost to a grass and sterling grove
    could not do much and he blasted em with words of war. second game he locked me down with double grove, moat and humility

match 2 It was against some merfolk aggro (looks like goblins with counters) I lost 1-2
    Game1: he layed his hand down and was very fast, I had a tombstalker but it was not enough to stop him and my removal dind't came

sided in 4xchoke en 4x E Plague for 4x duress and 3 krosan grip and a hippie

Game2: I had goyf and tombstalker and I beated him to death
    Game3: he was very fast but i had an E plague on merfolk slowing him down a bit, I got a tombstalker in play, he stole it afterwards with a merfolk (don't remember the exact name anymore)

Match 3 was against goblins with black splash it turned 2-1 for me
    Game1: he was very fast with lackey, piledriver and siege-gang commander in play, I had turn 2 tombstalker but no more creatures or removal came

sided in: 4x E PLague for 4x duress

Game2: I had goyf + tombstalker in play after I wasted all his nonbasic lands and he got stuck with only a rishadan port
    Game3: I had E plague and a nantuko shade and he scooped after I layed the E plague

Match 4 against 43 land I won 2-1
    Game1: he couldn't stop my beaters I snuffed out his flashbacked roar of the worm and beated him to death with goyf and shade

sided in 4x leyline of the void (lotv) for 2 sinkhole and 2 duress

Game2: he won with lftl in grave, didn't saw my lotv but didn't want to mulligan to it because I had a good start hand. the recuring ports hurted
    Game3: I lay down leyline of the void and he scoops

what I would have liked better was to have thoughtseizes instead of duress and better had some deeds or something mass enchant removal

deed, or even tranquility would have helped that enchantress matchup

Fear The Wrath Of God

Nov 2007

yea a tranquility would be nice yes, but didn't expect enchantress to be there
    normally nobody plays it that I knew off, next time I will use some tranquilities in SB

monkey
    Aug 2006
    Los Angeles

Tranquil Domain, in general, is much better than Tranquility. Instant speed + 1 mana less probably makes up for the fact that it doesnt hit Utopia Sprawl. Im hard pressed to come up with another Aura played in legacy other than Rancor, and that thing isnt dying anyway. Maybe Control Magic.

EDIT: Dragon's Breath, but that doesnt really count.
    info.ninja

Elesh Norin Markov, Wary Vampiric Cenobite
    Feb 2007
    Hobart, New York

I've noticed that in, like, every game I've played with this deck tarmogoyf has just been serving as removal bait. My 'stalkers are doing all the work. I've literally only had only 2 or 3 'goyf stick for more than a turn. And they were dead relatively quickly
    "Oho! I have deluded you! For I am a clever trickster, and this is not actually the truth!"
    -Doug Beyer
    Quote Originally Posted by raharu View Post
    You should probably work for Wizards. Making Chaos Orb and Falling Star into evergreen keywords, maing Hellbent. srsly.

Mariah Carey Unicorn
    Feb 2005
    Rochester, NY

That's because Swords to Plowshares and Bounce are the only commonly played removal cards that can get rid of Tombstalker. Swords is played less and truly answers him, bounce is hardly played, and answers him even worse. Take a look on the other side of things, and almost every form of removal we use now can answer Tarmogoyf.
    -Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I'm gonna bang noobslayer's sister. Then I'm gonna do it again.
    How come it needs to be a holiday to bang noobslayer's sister?
    Quote Originally Posted by URABAHN View Post
    So, we should call it Peter, Paul, and Mary? Or we're supposed to go outside and start sucking dick?

Elesh Norin Markov, Wary Vampiric Cenobite
    Feb 2007
    Hobart, New York

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not complaining. I kinda like putting my opponent on the ropes with a big-ass flying demon.

Must be the Timmy in me...
    "Oho! I have deluded you! For I am a clever trickster, and this is not actually the truth!"
    -Doug Beyer
    Quote Originally Posted by raharu View Post
    You should probably work for Wizards. Making Chaos Orb and Falling Star into evergreen keywords, maing Hellbent. srsly.

Fear The Wrath Of God

Nov 2007

yea happens to me also, goyf dies so quick, and tombstalker does all the work
    on turn 1 tombstalker lot of decks scoop.

@noobslayer: You forgot vindicate, it takes care of him also

played against two slightly different terranova decks the other day in a small tourney again and against belcher

against the first terranova deck I won 2-0 against the other I lost 1-2 because it used vindicates to destroy my stalkers and leylines

belcher I had just plain luck, he only revealed 6 and then a bayou and I kiled him with 2 goyf and a shade it ended 2-1 for me and I got 2nd in my pool

first in my pool was the terranova deck I lost to
    in the other pool fairy stompy won the game

in the final the fairy stompy player dropped because he had to take his last autocar home :P

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

What exactly do you mean by a Terranova deck? I've never heard that term.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil View Post
    What exactly do you mean by a Terranova deck? I've never heard that term.
    I believe that's Newfoundland.

Or Terrageddon. Terra + explosion sounds like another name for Terrageddon.

Jul 2006
    Belluno, Italy

I think he was referring to the deck mentioned in this article.

Fear The Wrath Of God

Nov 2007

yep that is the list I was reffering too its terrageddon without armageddon, I never saw it before those matches and asked what is was called and they all said terranova, so I thought that was the name

I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God
    Mar 2007
    59°50'59.11" N, 17°34'55.69" E

Ok, thanks :) I had forgotten about that article.
    YOU'RE GIVING ME A TIME MACHINE IN ORDER TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER.

Fear The Wrath Of God

Nov 2007

played again in small tourney today

first match against terranova 2-0
    First game he only gets land and I had to mull to 5, but got tarmogoyf bashing him to death
    second game I started with swamp-->dark ritual-->thoughtseize-->Hymn
    next turn agin thoughtseize and his hand was gone :P
    bashed him to death with tombstalker and shade

second match against SI with fetchlands 0-2
    could not stop his comboing didn't got enough hand disruption

last game against enchantress I won 2-1 due to the tranquil domains, thx for that card suggestion :)
    fisrst game he had to mull to 6 and so did I, he had only one lan wich I wasted, and then he didn't got land and I bashed him to death
    second game he could get alot of enchantments in play, and karmic justice, I could not win that anymore so I let him win. Game 3, I get 2 grips and a tranquil domain he got no replenish so I win :)

I finished third, rankings were like this

1. SI with fetch
    2. Elves
    3. Eva Green
    4. MUC
    5. Truffle Shuffle alike
    6. Enchantress
    7. Terranova
    8. Terranova

do we have anything against SI ?
    I sided in 4 leylines but they didn't help much for 3 Snuff out's and 1 diabolic edict
    maybe cabal therapy SB ?
    Last edited by Slayer001; 03-29-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Eva Green
    Aug 2007
    tilburg, the netherlands

are 8 discard cards, 4 hippies and then the leylines side not enough to beat storm combo? you can out cabal therapy maybe in the side but i wouldnt do it cause how much do you see si on tourneys?
    team HASTE!

Fear The Wrath Of God

Nov 2007

it helps also against other combo Belcher and such, nah I lost 2-0 so it wasn't enough, maybe if i drew more discard but he still went off after 2 hyms and 2 thoughtseizes and a hippie

Thread Information