Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Dual Land Draft @ The Batcave (Vancouver, WA) 29 Jun 2008

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Dual Land Draft @ The Batcave (Vancouver, WA) 29 Jun 2008

At least here we'd have a judge willing to consult the FAQ about it. Mike really hates being wrong.

EDIT: Still the new page mastah!
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

So I went through all my cards trying to put together a decent cube and I haveonly about 1/4th. :( But, it was so fun. I can't wait to search through cards at some card store looking for a Forcefield or something. Building and playing my cube will be a blast. Sorry for the random post, but I just love cubing so far!

Arbitrary Wielder of Justice

Oct 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Jak. View Post
    Does anyone have a cube? I am interested in trying it out and hopefully build my own. Something to do when people drop.
    I'll try to borrow one of the Seattle ones.
    When in doubt, mumble.

When in trouble, delegate.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Just a quick update guys, we are currently near San Antonio, Texas, staying at the Hatfields relatives. New Orleans was fun. The weather here is Texas is hot but nice, not very humid. We are having a great time. Expect to see some more and some pictures uploaded when we get a chance.

(Not Banksy)
    Oct 2006
    Now.

If Tosh and Mav get there act together, we will bring ours.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    If Tosh and Mav get there act together, we will bring ours.
    Sweet. Never drafted or cubed before so it should be fun. Ijust made a list of cards I need to build a random cube list and it is 8 pages . Two columns of card names. I plan to sell some cards and just buy a whole bunch of the cheaper cards and proxy stuff like Drain, etc. Won't have it done until after the 29th, however.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
    pictures
    Yes, yes! Pictures are always awesome.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Dec 2003
    Portland OR

I know I don't post much any more (just lurk), but I fully support this entire endeavour and I will be making a showing at both tourneys and hopefully all the side events in between. The upcomming weekend will be full of win no matter what.

EDIT: Did 1-2 people still need a place to crash for the weekend? I suppose I could clean up my apt. and offer some room.
    It's not a sin to be weak, it's a sin to stay weak.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Last edited by Volt; 10-12-2008 at 03:14 AM.
    Team Info-Ninja: Shhh... We don't exist.

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Yes! If you can take 2 of the Virginians, I'll take the other 4.

Btw, good to hear from you Brett. We should get together and do some playtesting this weekend.
    Hopefully you guys live pretty close. Please let us know if this is for sure.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

I don't have much time to post here but I uploaded some of our pictures to photobucket. Here are our pictures from the start to San Antonio. Enjoy!

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/n...San%20Antonio/

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

Sweet 100 pics of road, dudes.

Steps to success:

1) Find interesting things.
    2) Snap photos.
    3) Profit.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Last edited by Volt; 10-12-2008 at 03:14 AM.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Sweet 100 pics of road, dudes.

Steps to success:

1) Find interesting things.
    2) Snap photos.
    3) Profit.
    Ya we forgot our digital camera for New Orleans so we bought a disposable camera for that, so we don't have those pics uploaded and that was pretty much our only interesting stop up to that point. We are gonna try to upload the next section of pics soon. We have some nice pics of carlsbad caverns.

(A.K.A.) Buddha
    Dec 2007
    Camas

OK... I wont be on line for the next week or so... if anyone needs to reach me about lodging for the Tournament please call me at 1-360-210-4169 ask for Buddha or Bruce... thank you...
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    - General George Patton (1885-1945)

Permanent Waves
    Jul 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    If anybody is actually crazy enough to come out here from anywhere east of the Rockies, I will personally pay your entry fee and put you up at my place. I live a half hour from the Batcave. I have room for 3 guests. First 3 to respond are in.
    I was checking if this offer was still on the table. We apparently are crazy enough to come out to Vancouver, WA to play in the tournament. Team Unicorn will make it worth your while.

Samurais suck
    May 2006
    Portland, OR

Last edited by Volt; 10-12-2008 at 03:13 AM.

Dec 2003
    Portland OR

So, a couple hiccups, though nothing that should should be dire for this weekend of awesomeness.

1) My shower isn't working (damn near zero water pressure for no apparent reason), but this should be remedied by the maintenience people at my apartment before you guys arrive. (You're arriving on Friday right?)

2) Preferably the people I house should be non-smokers (per my roommate's request)

3) Don't let the cat out or we'll beat you down with broken sporks and feed you to whatever is currently growing/living in Zilla's place.

4) I have Thursday/Saturday/Sunday off from work, but I work swing shift on Friday evening.

5) PM me for my phone number to arrange any more details.
    It's not a sin to be weak, it's a sin to stay weak.

V V SEXY! V V
    Feb 2004
    NOVA!

Quote Originally Posted by LinkXwing View Post
    So, a couple hiccups, though nothing that should should be dire for this weekend of awesomeness.

1) My shower isn't working (damn near zero water pressure for no apparent reason), but this should be remedied by the maintenience people at my apartment before you guys arrive. (You're arriving on Friday right?)

2) Preferably the people I house should be non-smokers (per my roommate's request)

3) Don't let the cat out or we'll beat you down with broken sporks and feed you to whatever is currently growing/living in Zilla's place.

4) I have Thursday/Saturday/Sunday off from work, but I work swing shift on Friday evening.

5) PM me for my phone number to arrange any more details.
    We'll be arriving Saturday night. We are all non-smokers. The rest sounds good.

Combo Enthusiast

Apr 2004

Saturday night....makes it sound as if you aren't going to be in time for the warm up tournament. I say you guys step it up a notch if you've got nothing to see in the southern Oregon area on the way up (I assume that's how it's happening, with you leaving Texas). Not much to see down there anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

Thread Information