Thread: Tallowisp

Tallowisp

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I found the oracle wording on Tallowisp to be confusing...

Can I search for Animate Dead with Tallowisp? or does it not count since it enchants a creature in the gy?

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Re: Tallowisp

No, you can't. When they changed all local enchantments into Auras, it slightly changed the functionality of Tallowisp. Since it can only search for an "Aura with enchant creature", it can't find Animate Dead.

Of course, I don't think it ever could, because Animate Dead wasn't an Aura until very recently, if I recall.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Insane Anarchists Get Mean
    Aug 2005
    NY State

Re: Tallowisp

Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    because Animate Dead wasn't an Aura until very recently, if I recall.
    Correct, it was an Enchantment that upon it's comes into play trigger resolving turned into an Aura with Enchant Creature (or something very similar).

This used to be relevant in Vintage where in the Dragon vs. Stax match up you could previously play Animate Dead without any creatures in the bin (just to get a permanent to sacrifice to Smokestack). Pretty sure you can't do that anymore (it changed with the release Masters Edition on MTGO).

Thread Information