Page 238 of 239 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 4766

Thread: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Re: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Otawara is at least closer to Spikefield in terms of effect worth casting, but I don't think the extra land slot is needed at this time. The slot it would occupy is held by Brainstorm #4 (currently being tested as Standstill #3.
    After watching the videos and playing some matches of my own I feel Standstill #3 does belong in the deck. I see the reasoning for adding March #2 to the deck, but Standstill feels like a pivotal card that keeps the deck together and you want to draw consistently. Without Ponder (which does make sense) and with just 2 Standstills the amount of card selection/CA for the deck becomes quite thin and we become more reliant on the variance of the draw step.

Some cards that could potentially be worse than Standstill #3 from my perspective:
    • Search for Azcanta
    • Move Dreadnought #3 to the sideboard (still accessible through Karn), over the Scroll of Fate
    • Shark Typhoon #2
    • Dress Down

Also, I'd really like to put an Otawara in there somewhere
    Don't hate the player, hate the game..

May 2015
    PDX

I wouldn't touch any of those cards in the main. I've tried 2x Nought before, but it doesn't work. Too much tech/specialized cards to not have the other half.

Scroll of Fate isn't getting cut from the board, it's important to have access to 4-of this card (3 and 4 from Karn). Before Astrolabe was banned the 4 copies were 1x Scroll, 1x E Tutor, 2x Karn. This is an incredibly important aspect of competitive deckbuilding in legacy: you need a lot of the do-nothing card, but never be at risk of flooding on it. This is where the vast majority of "brews" fail, losing to their own deck construction b/c of too many hands that do nothing.

Azcanta, Shark'nado, and Dress Down are all working together to increase favorable windows for both 12/12s and Standstills. The Nought and SB Scroll also help with these plans. While increasing Standstill amount is cool, it's less likely to either be castable or succeed with those changes. That 4th Brainstorm slot is much less integral to what the deck does.
    ---
    Should be seeing 5-0 league from @Piproberts in next trophy dump. Wins over Gaak, SnT Omni, DnT, Oops, SnT Omni. Version has 4/2 BS/Still split, 1/1 Storm Giant/Otawara split. We'll try to make a VoD of it soon.

Should be seeing 5-0 league from @Piproberts in next trophy dump. Wins over Gaak, SnT Omni, DnT, Oops, SnT Omni. Version has 4/2 BS/Still split, 1/1 Storm Giant/Otawara split. We'll try to make a VoD of it soon.
    Nice result, looking forward to the video.

So like I said I took this deck to our FNM last night (18 players). First of all, I really enjoyed playing it. Both because of the nostalgic feel turning 12/12s sideways has and because it plays a number of unknown cards, which ensures some surprised looks at and around the table. I played the 'standard' list with just 2 changes: added Standstill #3 to the main, moved Dress Down to the side and cut the SB Scroll of Fate (never once missed it). Eventually I finished 3-1 losing in the finals to the other 3-0 player.

Some short notes on the games.

Round 1: RG Lands (2-0)
    Game 1 I lock him after 3feri'ing his Mox Diamond and some wastes/stifle followed up with Karn for Liquimetal.
    +2 Ashiok, +1 Crucible, +1 Relic, +1 Dress Down
    -1 Standstill, -1 Scroll, -1 Verdict, -1 Shark, -1 Nought

Game 2 he mulls to 6 and I slam a fast Nought. Afterwards he told me his bottomed card was Force of Vigor.

Round 2: Bant /w black splash (2-0)
    Game 1 we trade resources and I slowly get some more cards in hand due to Standstill. At some point I drop 2 Noughts (with 2 Stifle) and he is only able to answer one.
    +2 Ashiok, +1 Crucible, +1 Mastery, +1 Relic, +1 Humility, +1 Nodes
    -2 Brainstorm, -2 FoN, -1 Nought, -1 Swords, -1 Standstill

Game 2 he wants to set up Uro + Karakas, but next turn I counter Uro, cast Ashiok and start removing part of his library. The game goes long and is close at some points, but eventually I mill him with Ashiok #2.

Round 3: 8Cast (2-0)
    Game 1 I he is not really explosive but has a chalice@1 (his plan) and Saga. I remove his chalice with March, Sword 1 token and manage to bounce the other with teferi. A Karn-followup pushes him out of the game.
    +1 EE, +1 Dress Down, +1 Mastery, +1 Humility, +1 Nodes
    -2 Brainstorm, -2 Standstill, -1 Nought

A quite long game where he opens with t1 chalice @1 (Saga+Petal) and a t2 chalice @1 as well. Instead of removing the chalice with March a neutralize the Saga which sets him back manawise. We enter a long game where Humility shines and Mastery of the Unseen slowly takes over.

Round 4: RG Lands (1-2)
    Sidenote: We both did not lose a game before this match. At the last European eternal weekend I defeated him in round 8 setting me safe for top8. A long time skilled lands player.
    Game 1 he mulls to 5 and I win off an early dreadnought (with him being surprised after watching the game 2 of the previous game). I sworded his t1 Reclaimer and his t3 20/20 and then kil him in 4 swings.
    +1 Humility, +2 Ashiok, +1 Crucible, +1 Dress Down, +1 EE, +1 Relic
    -3 Standstill, -2 Verdict, -1 Brainstorm, -1 Scroll

Game 2 I have to mull and get overwhelmed by him doing his lands thing locking me out of the game with Sphere+Port and making multiple Constructs with Saga+Stage.
    Game 3 is an interesting one. I open with Island+Relic and pass. He plays fetch into Taiga, Exploration, Forest, Reclaimer (4 cards left). I draw and my hand is Stifle/Nought/Waste/3feri/Ashiok. I decide to go for the 12/12 and hope he does not have Force of Vigor+green in hand, as I can Waste the Maze he can find with Reclaimer and the alternative with holding up stifle and playing a teferi next turn is unsure. Unfortunately he has the Force destroying both my artifacts, and in his own turn plays Sphere of Resistance and gets a Rishadan Port with Reclaimer slowly squeezing me out of the game. I use Wasteland for his consecutive Urza's Saga and there's still one window where I could get to 4 mana if I draw a land, but alas.

Afterthoughts
    So overall 3-1 in matches and 7-2 in games. I felt happy with the performance, especially since I was figuring out a lot of strategy while playing. I will revisit my boarding strategy vs Lands (interesting how others approach this matchup). Some things I'm interested in as well:
    - Why a split of Powder Keg and EE, in which situations do you prefer either?
    - March felt really solid. I could envision a 3/3 split with Swords, potentially putting Swords #4 in the SB over the Porphyry Nodes (which in all fairness felt a bit slow).

May 2015
    PDX

Nice work on the 3-1. Sounds like you made a lot of Noughts with Stifle; just be aware that this is usually incorrect and correlates highly with losing. Lines like these are usually reserved for decks that can't defend themselves.

In your last game vs Lands on 2 lands it is far more important to protect Wasteland [as a mana source] with Stifle and draw into lands with the Relic. You had the ability to turn off FoV alt-cast in hand with Teferi passive and the ability to ignore FoV with Ashiok. At no point was it your job to be the beatdown. You did shoot yourself in the foot by taking out Scroll vs FoV; can't FoV a morph/manifest.

In terms of EE vs Keg:
    -if sunburst advantageous (Sphere, Thalia) -> EE main
    -if enchants -> EE
    -if they donating colors (Urborg, Yavimaya, Moon) -> EE
    -Choke users donate colors, they can't help themselves -> EE
    -manlands -> Keg
    -artifact lands -> Keg
    -sometimes you bring in both, but more common to leave one in the wish zone.

Scroll of Fate is one of the more common Karn wish targets. Not the best idea to remove your best enabler with possibility of Noughts + Karn hand, vs removal, vs Chalice.

Porphyry Nodes is another card that doesn't get cut. Normal legacy play patterns need to be unlearned - stop trying to answer things 1 for 1, instead escalate the situation [i.e. nice TNN, much wow -> Nodes]. You are going to regret having a spot removal instead of a 1 mana non-targeting Abyss vs Strix-type spam, Mother of Runes, Wirewood Symbiote, TNN, Emmy (also can play Nodes off SnT), Progenitus, Safekeeper, etc. Don't reward people for playing effects like these. Also you can't Sevinne's a spot removal.

3/3 Plow/March is ambitious b/c Delver exists. Would be fine if WotC bans Daze, or nobody in a local meta ever plays Delver.

Against RG Lands (non-Mulch): +2 Ashiok, +1 Relic, +1 Crucible, +1 EE, +1 Humility. -2 Standstill, -1 FoW, -1 Nought, -1 Plow. Last cut would be Plow if no other dudes like Reclaimer, otherwise -1 Verdict. Dress Down would be in the main.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

I will be posting a link to my youtube channel as well I have many UW and UWr dreadstill videos on my channel! Cheers long live Dreadstill
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Nice work on the 3-1. Sounds like you made a lot of Noughts with Stifle; just be aware that this is usually incorrect and correlates highly with losing. Lines like these are usually reserved for decks that can't defend themselves.
    Thanks, and thanks for your reply. Note that in the games I cast Nought with Stifle (4 times):
    - r1g2: (early game) my opponent mulled and I had Force backup
    - r2g1: (late game) my opponent had 1 card and I played 2 Noughts so he could not answer both
    - r4g1: (early game) I take on the aggressive role after my opponent mulled to 5
    - r4g3: (early game) is an interesting one from a meta-perspective (which role), see below.

I strongly believe the first three situations are correct from a strategic perspective, the fourth one is more questionable (hence my more detailed description of the situation), but given how the game played out felt like the correct line in hindsight with all available knowledge (going for the win with a certain % over choosing to wait and seeing the win% slowly decline).

In your last game vs Lands on 2 lands it is far more important to protect Wasteland [as a mana source] with Stifle and draw into lands with the Relic. You had the ability to turn off FoV alt-cast in hand with Teferi passive and the ability to ignore FoV with Ashiok. At no point was it your job to be the beatdown. You did shoot yourself in the foot by taking out Scroll vs FoV; can't FoV a morph/manifest.
    Note that the line you propose would result in not being able to cast Teferi, because of the Sphere my opponent played next turn. That line depends on drawing extra lands with Relic and the draw step, while facing an 'active' Reclaimer fetching Wasteland/Port.

Also, while FoV can't hit a morph/manifest, it can take down the Scroll (and the nought once flipped).

Scroll of Fate is one of the more common Karn wish targets. Not the best idea to remove your best enabler with possibility of Noughts + Karn hand, vs removal, vs Chalice.
    This feels like a really expensive and slow line. Is Scroll usually the 2nd card you wish for with Karn? Basically every time my go-to card the first time is a piece of hate or Liquimetal Coating to start locking the opponent. Like I mentioned I have not missed it yet.

Against RG Lands (non-Mulch): +2 Ashiok, +1 Relic, +1 Crucible, +1 EE, +1 Humility. -2 Standstill, -1 FoW, -1 Nought, -1 Plow. Last cut would be Plow if no other dudes like Reclaimer, otherwise -1 Verdict. Dress Down would be in the main.
    Looks largely in line with what I did (at least what to bring in). I disagree with boarding out Plow and keeping in Verdict. Resolving a 4cc sorcery is typically a challenge vs. lands, while Plow is a 1 mana answer to Marit Lage and turn 1 Reclaimer. Overall, increasing the average cmc against a mana denial deck feels counterproductive.

May 2015
    PDX

In the Relic spot raw drawing is the best way to hit lands or Azcanta or Timeless or Shark or Dress Down or Brainstorm. You should be close to 25 live topdecks to or towards land. There is upside ofc to going for the quick Nought...if Relic wasn't in play. You have to know FoV is a 3-4x, and if they have it you lose your Nought and cripple your ability to hit lands. Can't be pursuing both plans at the same time if you don't have FoW in hand.

What to wish with Karn depends on their deck, their hand size, and what is in our hand. In practice, Coating is one of the rarest wish targets b/c if they can answer Karn the Coating is unlikely to do anything. Focus on exhausting the opponent by forcing trades instead of rewarding them with favorable interaction windows.

You have to know FoV is a 3-4x.
    This is where your logic is flawed. Most Lands decks only run 2, including this one. Look at mtgtop8 if you doubt this statement.

My issue with the line is that you basically do nothing for the turn while they are developing their board state and you can't counter anything they do in their following turn. Using Relic to draw a card would be a consideration of you desperately need a land, but comes at the cost of sacrificing a live piece of disruption for any Loam-shenanigans.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by DKK View Post
    This is where your logic is flawed. Most Lands decks only run 2, including this one. Look at mtgtop8 if you doubt this statement.

My issue with the line is that you basically do nothing for the turn while they are developing their board state and you can't counter anything they do in their following turn. Using Relic to draw a card would be a consideration of you desperately need a land, but comes at the cost of sacrificing a live piece of disruption for any Loam-shenanigans.
    So it depends on what the game actually looks like. What was their first land, did they have a Mox or Explorarion, when did you have Relic & Stifle/Dreadnought in hand. The main thing I'm looking at is a basic Island, a nonbasic they can't kill (b/c Stifle in hand), and one blue mana away from slamming Ashiok (plays around FoV and mana denials for rest of game) and longer term thoughts of Teferi shutting off pitch-FoV before needing to go for Nought. Based on a turn 1 Relic, that's the gameplan I'd generally try to follow.

It's fine to do the Nought all-in (hoping to draw FoW) but there you'd want to sandbag Relic until turn 3.

May 2015
    PDX

New Capenna should be fully spoiled now. The commander card links will work correctly soon.
    UW/UWr:
    Jailbreak uhh target your Murktide...I'll bring back...Teferi or Shark'Nado...seems fair. Probably more fun than good, but a Burning Wish target. Overpriced at $6.

U:
    Out of the Way - technically SB playable, can live in your cube. Cost under 50cents.
    Slip Out the Back - make a Dreadnought, but unlike Vision Charm it doesn't 1-shot Saga, DDFT, or High Tide. Would have permanently wiped Kaldra before short-sighted phasing rules update. Costs 50cents.
    Even the Score - step 1 cast Standstill. step 2 have 4 or more lands. step 3 cast any instant on their EoT -> alt-cast Even the Score. It's a meme, but no opposing strategy can hide from this goldfish. This card is sitting around $5.50, it is maybe worth $1.

UR:
    Torch Breath - costs to kill Hullbreacher through Chalice, very good vs Echo cannons. Good against UWr MindTwister deck (Teferi, Narset). Still a Kaervek's Torch vs non-blue, except can't target the player. Seems slightly underpriced at 50cents.
    Cryptic Pursuit was amazing till it died to Pyroblast...This card is worth maybe 50cents, rather than the $4 price right now.

UB:
    Extract the Truth best enchant removal in UB I think. Under 50cents.

Karnboard:
    Unlicensed Hearse - reasonable to own a copy for Karn target, appropriate price $1.
    Currency Converter this card seems very good, and you'd only need 1x for Saga or Karn wish. Modern can't touch this card so price probably drops, currently $6. I like this card more than Retro, though I'd still rather have a cantripping yard hate in the slot.

Aeon Bridge:
    Fight Rigging - works in Aeon Bridge, likely better than flooding out on a 4th copy of Mosswort Bridge. Overpriced at $1.50, but I doubt you'll ever want more than 1x.

Random shenanigans:
    Corpse Explosion - double off-color means it's unplayable. It is however funny and templated to beat Surgical. Currently $2, worth maybe 50cents.
    Bouncer's Beatdown - getting closer to real green removal; still not quite there. Card is under 50cents, which is appropriate.
    Prizefight warmer...
    Fatal Grudge - you can build things with this, probably not Dreadnought things. A playset costs $1 total.
    Artifact Mutation double off color, but a playable card. Probably overpriced at $1, but wouldn't be the worst thing to own 2 copies.
    Aura Mutation same idea as above. Not worth $2.50.
    Errant, Street Artist Not a whole lot to do with this card and currently overpriced at $2.50, expect a drop to 50cents or so, at which point a playset would be reasonable to acquire.

Miss:
    An Offer You Can't Refuse - the card you want to play over this is Invasive Surgery...so it's actually an offer you can refuse.

I think an offer you can’t refuse would be really interesting for control of the treasures entered tapped. For the same reasons path is sorta modern playable and Divine Gambit is absolutely terrible in all formats.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I think an offer you can’t refuse would be really interesting for control of the treasures entered tapped. For the same reasons path is sorta modern playable and Divine Gambit is absolutely terrible in all formats.
    I mean you just play Karn and the treasures do nothing. The problem is that most every strategy in legacy would be better served by countering Ending and exiling the last 3 copies. It's also a much easier call to make when legacy is housing Echo and Day's operating as MindTwister.

Refuse the offer.
    Refuse to sleeve it. Refuse to put it in your binder. Refuse to talk about it.

I mean you just play Karn and the treasures do nothing. The problem is that most every strategy in legacy would be better served by countering Ending and exiling the last 3 copies. It's also a much easier call to make when legacy is housing Echo and Day's operating as MindTwister.
    Invasive surgery may be better than I thought. But presumably if you want to beat jeskai it is more important to counter the 3feri and the narset than the days or ending. Not to mention their countermagic. Missing veil, sneak attack, ad nauseum, wishclaw talisman, karn, chalice also seems like a reason to prefer this card.

May 2015
    PDX

The ways this will play out include:
    -UWr MindTwister will go from 3 mana [counter their PW] to 6. You stop Teferi, and next turn is Narset + Day's.
    -you ramp opponent into turn 4 Shark'nado
    -you are donating mana so you're not a Daze deck, which means you probably have 4-5cmc perms to play around the Ending...that you just gave 2 more colors to.
    -you ramp the Chalice deck...and they need no other artifacts in hand, and they're able to slam Emry...so the Chalice is still coming to get you. Alternatively, you just gave Ancient Tomb mana 3 and 4. You also are diluting the deck with a possible topdeck that can't resolve past Chalice, when the whole strategy vs Chalice is to down-regulate your 1-drop slots postboard.

Most of the other modes can be covered by Ending or March. Like maybe it's an okay card vs Delver or Shadow or Elves or Post or Lands...but the whole thing seems suspect.

May 2015
    PDX

Not a lot in the new set, links will work eventually.

UW:
    -Archivist of Oghma currently overpriced at $22, expect the price to crash to $5 or below. UW-based decks with Standstill should be considering 1-2x in the SB. While CP is better against exactly Reanimator, we're generally going to beat deck searchers by drawing cards "with them." Card is solid vs Storm, SnT, green, and most combo. Notably this card has playable lifegain, so it's also fine vs Delver and Fetch-using Burn. This card is a very good flash bear.
    -Crystal Dragon about 25 cents, it's a white Regrowth that is worse than Sevinnes...which is not modern-legal. Pretty cheap to spec, but I'm stopping at 2 copies.
    -Minimus Containment it's In Too Deep, except good at 1/8th the cost (25 cents). Also, it's a reprint. Don't pay for or play In Too Deep.
    -Banishment as above, just outclasses D-Sphere and about 1/4th the cost (25 cents)

Karn wish:
    -Mighty Servant of Leuk-o 60 cents, underpriced. Importantly this trades with Uro and maintains Ward-discard a card while not a dude. It's harder to turn on the draw 2 mode, but I have to imagine this is something a number of fringe strats should be using (particularly users of Rabblemaster-types). Doubt we'd ever want more than 1x, but this is among the better perms to sink mana into vs Prismatic Ending formats. This is the card I'd spec a little harder on.
    -Robe of the Archmagi and Mystery Key - $2 and 25 cents, can leave in board for Karn, tutor & pitch to FoW.

UR:
    -Fang Dragon 25 cents. I would play this over Molten Volley and End the Festivities in a deck with Standstill. Hard to justify over Slice and Dice or Spikefield Hazard however. We technically have the mana to hardcast this if red ever gets a playable wrath to extend the game with. In the meantime adventure does count towards Sailors' Bane. It is also a dragon (as is Murktide and Sailors' Bane), which is relevant for "play from the top" & "cheat a dragon" text lines.
    -Sailors' Bane this Murktide comes out much, much slower, but plays very nicely with Lavamancer. It costs 50 cents; Murktide is $23.

Dragons:
    -Earthquake Dragon overpriced at $5.50, but read above UR section. There's a lot of cheaty dragons out there with high cmc, and this card has anti-screw recursion built in. Notably Scion of Draco ($2) costs a whole if you fetch a Triome and the missing dual. It cuts the cost of Earthquake guy by 12...as a turn 2 play. Let's just point out that Draco + Painter on blue is a lot of easy hexproof and Murktide and Sailors' Bane are blue. Earthquake Dragon as the substitute for Dreadnought is the closest these two strats [Painter & Nought] have been to using the same tools [since the banning of Astrolabe]. The card to buy right now is Scion of Draco if this interests you.
    Continuing with Painter & Welder:
    -Dire Mimic is a 50 cent PW killer/treasure-maker. Nimblewright Schematic is a 50 cent artifact dude maker. Prized Statue is a $1 artifact treasure maker.

Things for later:
    -Nalia de'Arnise way overpriced at $30, wait for it to crash to $1. The last line of text doesn't matter, but it allows you to look at the top of deck, and Sultai Emissary is a warrior and Qarsi High Priest is a cleric; both of which Nalia sees. Supporting cards are not printed yet, but these do make Dreadnoughts. Other relevant dude types = rogue, wizard. It's also worth noting that Nalia in play can dumpster a dead Nalia topdeck to GY to avoid drawing a second copy.
    -Guildsworn Prowler 25 cents, 2/1 deathtouch for 2, when it dies as not a blocker you draw a card. It is a rogue, and it feeds into the above strategy. Note that both this and Emissary have 1 toughness...so on top of the High Priest stuff, we've got reasons to have synergistic oddballs like Lose Hope, Darkblast/Entomb (), and Arguel's Blood Fast which flips into a playable Diamond Valley. Nullpriest of Oblivion is a cleric. There is actually pretty good density at cmcs 1 and 2...and a lot of them have 2 power which means just 2 can crew the Mighty Servant of Leuk-o, so we've also got the CA.
    -Nalia continued: Ruthless Ripper is tragically just a human and assassin (non-combat wincon), sadly Vengeful Pharoah is just a vanilla zombro, and devastatingly our hero Murderous Rider is just a zombro knight...and I feel like you can probably cast the spell side of Rider from top of deck with wording this careless...we just narrowly hit the wrong dude type with Nalia. Anyone know the ruling on "may cast dude type from top of deck" and just ignoring that to cast the instant instead??

-Wilson, Refined Grizzly 25 cents. There is a constellation of keywords here. As printed this can only trade with Delver or Brazen, and dies to DRC and Murktide. Note the existence of delve templating precedent of Soulflayer. We take note of uncounterable [un-Daze'able 2 mana play], reach, vigilance, trample, and ward 2 on a single card costing 2 mana.

May 2015
    PDX

Played UR Dreadstill tonight b/c I wanted to watch the world burn. Went 3-1 with wins vs RG Lands (2-0), UR Delver (2-0), and GW Depths (2-1). Loss to DnT (2-1). Grim Lavamancer was consistently the best creature (per usual), and DRC also performed nicely. Daze was the worst card in the deck, again per usual only being useful vs Delver; I boarded it out vs all other opponents. Currency Converter performed well above expectations, and it really just didn't feel fair to immediately turn a cycle'd Shark'nado into a 2/2 rogue as well for free.

Room had UWR Blade, UWR MindTwister, 3 or 4x UR Delver (very easy matchup), GeddonStax, RG Lands, GW Depths, DnT, 4c Uro Midrange, Moon Stompy, Pox, MonoU Delver, and a few others.

Decklist tonight had the anti-MindTwister adaption of 4th Bstorm to 2nd Otawara:
    4x Tarn
    4x Vista
    3x Island
    2x Mountain
    1x Volc
    3x Wasteland
    2x Saga
    2x Otawara
    (+ 1x Spikefield)

3x Nought
    4x DRC
    2x Lavamancer

4x FoW
    4x Bolt
    3x Daze
    3x Stifle
    3x Bstorm
    1x Spikefield

4x Standstill
    2x Dress Down
    2x Shark'nado

2x Scroll of Fate
    1x Currency Converter
    1x Phyrexian Furnace

SB:
    1x EE
    1x Keg
    1x Relic
    3x Blasts
    2x Alpine Moon
    1x Invasive Surgery
    2x PoP
    1x Staticaster
    2x Ashiok
    1x super-Chandra

SB is light on Abrade, but this card hasn't aged well. Pretty bad window where Abrade goes from useful to dying to Kaldra or 3/4 Reclaimer. Rather unimpressed with red's ability to handle artifacts profitably right now outside of Keg and EE. Secondary to this the SB mapping got weird vs DnT, but more than artifact hate I wanted another Lavamancer or Staticaster.

Decided to try out Currency Converter in our UW Dreadstill list. Running that motivated me to bring Urza´s Saga as well.

Maindeck:
    2 Plains
    2 Urza´s Saga
    2 March of Otherworldly Light
    2 Force of Negation
    3 Force of Will
    2 Shark Typhoon
    3 Teferi, Time Raveler
    1 Dress Down
    2 Timeless Dragon
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Scroll of Fate
    1 Sevinne's Reclamation
    3 Prismatic Vista
    1 Search for Azcanta
    2 Karn, the Great Creator
    3 Island
    2 Standstill
    3 Wasteland
    3 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    2 Supreme Verdict
    3 Brainstorm
    1 Force of Will
    2 Tundra
    4 Flooded Strand
    1 Karakas
    3 Stifle
    1 Currency Converter

Sideboard:
    1 Scroll of Fate
    2 Ashiok, Dream Render
    1 Humility
    1 Mastery of the Unseen
    1 Cursed Scroll
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Torpor Orb
    1 Powder Keg
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Porphyry Nodes
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Crucible of Worlds

R1 Show and Sneak 2-1
    R2 Blue Artifacts 2-0
    R3 Death and Taxes 2-1
    R4 Jeskai Control featuring Currency Converter (Kihara_Works) 2-1
    R5 Jeskai Stoneblade (BaliencagaNBoba) 2-1

Some close games and obviously fortune smiled at me at times. The converter was very powerful, slow but potent. It digs through the deck, works great under a standstill, perfect Saga-target and consistent 2-2s.
    Not playing Hall and/or Otawara is certainly a real cost but it is an interesting direction for the deck. Being able to tutor 0- and 1-drop artifacts is not nothing.

Perhaps I will convince Fox in doing a video with me going through the games.
    Check out my other videos here

Here are a snapshot of the metagame in MTGO-leagues since april
    Click here to see it.

Sep 2011

Ark4n took Fox's UR Dreadstill to 11th place in Sunday's Legacy Challenge:
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...#arkn_th_place

I assume Fox gave him the list. It looks like a Fox build.

Sunday was full of Delver. Unfortunately the top16 also had 5 UWr and 2 4c Yorion. I wonder what he lost to.

Edit: Decklist

//Lands: 21
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Prismatic Vista
    1 Volcanic Island
    4 Island
    2 Mountain
    1 Otawara, Soaring City
    3 Wasteland
    2 Urza's Saga

//Creatures: 9
    4 Dragon's Rage Channeler
    3 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    2 Grim Lavamancer

//Spells: 18
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Stifle
    3 Daze

//Enchantments: 8
    4 Standstill
    2 Dress Down
    2 Shark Typhoon

//Artifacts: 4
    1 Currency Converter
    1 Phyrexian Furnace
    2 Scroll of Fate

//Sideboard: 15
    2 Red Elemental Blast
    2 Pyroblast
    1 Hydroblast
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Torpor Orb
    1 Izzet Staticaster
    1 Powder Keg
    1 Brazen Borrower
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Ashiok, Dream Render
    2 Price of Progress

The plan vs UWr seems to be +5 blasts +2 Ashiok -4 Force -3 Daze. Maybe Relic too?
    Last edited by FTW; 10-04-2022 at 02:44 PM.

Thread Information