Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Hybrid View

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

[Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Okay guys gonna update the current Ur list and give you a breakdown of alot of tier decks currently in Legacy. Dreadstill has been forced to adapt to a new and faster paced aggro meta which I feel it can very well.

Youtube channel pack full of Dreadstill videos

https://youtube.com/channel/UCPqnUIsv69sOSbN6ImAYxeA

First off, my current list

UR Dreadstill by Rood

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    3 Scroll of Fate
    4 Standstill
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Spell Pierce
    3 Lightning Bolt
    4 Force of Will
    2 True Name Nemesis
    4 Stifle
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Polluted Delta
    2 Volcanic Island
    3 Mishra's Factory
    3 Wasteland
    4 Island
    1 Mountain

2 Engineered Explosives
    2 Dismember
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Abrade
    2 Agent of Treachery
    2x True Name Nemesis

UW Dreadstill by Fox

4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
    3 Teferi, Time Raveler
    2 Karn, the Great Creator
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Enlightened Tutor
    1 Noxious Revival
    1 Spell Snare
    4 Stifle
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Force of Negation
    2 Supreme Verdict
    4 Force of Will
    1 Arcum's Astrolabe
    1 Scroll of Fate
    1 Search for Azcanta
    2 Standstill
    4 Flooded Strand
    3 Island
    1 Karakas
    3 Mishra's Factory
    2 Plains
    3 Prismatic Vista
    1 Tundra
    3 Wasteland

Sideboard
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Cursed Scroll
    1 Porphyry Nodes
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Mastery of the Unseen
    1 Powder Keg
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Rest in Peace
    1 Torpor Orb
    1 Ashiok, Dream Render
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Scroll of Fate
    1 Humility

Card explanations:

Mana Base: Pretty simple concept here. Basic Islands + Fetchlands are savage with Braintrain/Top. Also Wastelands tend to be a valid way to disrupt the oponents mana base and help immensely under Standstill. The factories are also in here to chump random shit like Mongoose and abuse the Standstills as well. Duel is in here only for the sole purpose of EE for 2 in case you need to kill a Goyf or something.
    Nought-Perhaps the most undercosted beater in the game next to Goyf. This is absolutely the heart and soul of this deck and he has the potential to just sometimes pull that "oops i win" game because he is so explosive.
    Trinket Mage- Utility here is the key to this guy...He searches out Nought...EE, Pithing Needle, AND Top. He's helped in so many matches and for sure beat if he needs to.
    Braintrain- Perhaps the most broken blue card in the format. Combine it with Trinket Mages and Fetchies and it's just nutty.
    Daze- This card is a beating...With Standstill there's so many ways to abuse this card ripping 3 cards off the deck of your deck and Dazing your oponents goyf or Confidant.
    Force of Will- No explanation needed. Sheer brokeness.
    Stifle- Combo's with Nought...Counters so many random spells abilities like storm, Deed, EE, Wasteland. It's so versatile it's incredible.
    Counterbalance- Most of the format ranges between 1-3 mana costing things so this card combined with Top can surely shut down the oponent.
    Sensei's Divining top- I've won games just using this to dig for threats. It's wonderful when both you and oponent are in topdeck mode you will almost surely win. Counterbalance+this = game most of the time.
    Pithing Needle- Answers so much stuff and can be grabbed with Trinket.
    Standstill- This card is an absolute beating...most games i draw this in my opening hand I win.
    Spell Snare- 1 Mana counters Goyf and Confidant/Counterbalance. Pretty good if you ask me.
    Trickbind- Savage tech against control decks that aren't expecting it xP
    EE- Blows up chalice, Goyf, also alot of random other stuff like Vial.

Sideboard- This I feel is the most important aspect of the deck and it's adaption process. This board is given flexibility to all the top decks in the format right now (Zoo, Bant, Merfolk, Goblins) I feel that in order for this deck to succeed it has to have a board geared to defeat these decks now as well as retaining power against the Tier 2s.

Matchup Analysis:

RUG- Favorable. They really have no outs to Dreadnought in the first game and post board we can bring in Dismembers/REBs/Pierces to really slow them down and blow up most all their threats they play.

Maverick- Slightly Favorable. I think postboard this match up becomes a lot easier to deal with since we get to bring in 3 Bolts and 3 Dismembers combined with our 4 Lavamancers. Quick thing to watch out for here is to try not to let Ranger resolve...as it can chump our Delvers all day with no drawback.

Ichorid- Unfavorable. We have very little ways to interact with Ichorid in G1 so unless we can find a dreadnought ASAP chances are you're going to lose. Postboard with 3 Crypts, 3 REB, and 3 Pierce you can maybe whether the storm but it's still a very difficult match up for this deck. One of the hardest for sure.

Stoneblade- Favorable. They really have no way to deal with our Standstill engine so you have to abuse it in this match up. We have factories that can kill their jaces when they are played and can sometimes shut down their mana base pretty hard. Post-board bring in 3 REB and 3 Pierce and possible Bolts depending how you feel. Overall I'd say this match up is pretty favorable for Dreadstill.

Reanimator- Unfavorable. Against like Ichorid, this deck has a hard time interacting with this deck mainly because they run alot of disruption and only truly have to resolve one spell to beat us. You can catch a break if they aren't running Iona for sure but even still it's a pretty tough match.

Sligh/Burn- Extremely Favorable. They truly have no way to deal with a quick Dreadnought at all so just try to slow down their onslaught and assemble him as soon as you can. Try to bait out their burn on your dudes so you don't have to eat so much of it to the face.

Show and Tell/Sneak attack- Favorable. We have a lot of ways to shut them out from being able to combo off really. Not to mention you can shut their mana base down extremely hard with Wastelands and Stifles. Post-board with REBs and Pierces it also becomes a lot more manageable for us too.

Rock/Suicide variants- Even. Literally this match up is a complete coin flip. Whoever wins the die roll normally in this match up is going to take down the round. Play the Standstill game if you can, but if not just ride out your Grims and Factories. Try to save Brainstorms if possible to negate their hand disruption.

CounterTop- Even/Slightly Unfavorable- Really CB/Top is a pain for this deck to handle. Thankfully for us, if we can get Delver down before it comes down it may be a lot easier to win. Factory is also stupid good in this match up. Post board you must bring in 3 REBs and 3 Pierce no matter what.[/B]

Sideboard guide- Here's a few tips i've noticed siding that may help you guys out a bit.

Delver (Draw)- OUT- 1x Dreadnought 2x Pierce, 1x FOW, 1x Standstill, 1x Daze, 3x Stifle IN- 1x Abrade, 2x Dismember 2x TNN, 3x REB 1x EE
    (Play)-OUT 2x FOW 3x Pierce 1x Dreadnought 2x Stifle IN- 3x REB, 2x Dismember, 1x Abrade, 2x TNN

Breach (Draw)- OUT- 3x Lightning Bolt, 2x TNN, 1x Dreadnought, 1x Stifle IN 3x Surgical Extraction, 3x REB, 1x EE
    (Play)-OUT 3x Lightning bolt, 2x TNN, 1x Dreadnought IN3x Surgical, 3x REB

Miracles UGW without CB (Draw) OUT- 2x Lightning Bolt, 2x Stifle 1x Dreadnought (or delver)IN- 3x REB, 2x TNN
    (Play)OUT- 2x Lightning Bolt, 2x Stifle, 1x Dreadnought IN 3x REB, 2x TNN

Storm TES (Draw) OUT- 3x Lightning bolt, 1x Dreadnought 2x TNN IN- 3x REB, 2x EE 1x Abrade
    (Play)-Same unless you see xantid swarm- +1 Bolt -1 Scroll of Fate

Dredge (Draw) OUT- 4 Standstill, 2x TNN 1x Daze IN- 3x REB 3x Surgical Extraction 1x EE
    PlayOUT- 4 Standstill, 2x TNN IN- 3x REB, 3x Surgical Extraction

Show and Tell (Draw) OUT- 3x Lightning bolt 2x TNN 1x Phyrexian Dreadnought 1x Stifle IN- 3x REB, 2x Agent of Treachery, 2x Surgical Extraction
    (Play)- Keep same unless you see xantid swarm- -2 Surgical +2 Bolt
    Last edited by Rood; 04-09-2022 at 10:14 AM.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

bring me water!
    Feb 2008

Re: Dreadstill-Enter the Fist

ok rood once again nice deck...and thanks for giving me the decklist a while back.to all you out there i will put a more detailed post up when i find my stinking testing notes.

Nov 2006
    Shelton, CT

A quick suggestion that im see could help you out. I would replace a island for another off color dual to make explosives stronger. You dont realy lose much but you gain more ways to deal with problem cards. Also your Aggro loam MU is definately lower then that. You got lucky the second game against me and first game I made a play mistake and left myself open for a daze. GL with the deck.
    Call me Ishmael

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

It wasn't me at all you faced with Dreadstill it was my teammate(HammafistRoob). I'm going off of my own personal results with the deck. Another nonbasic could be possible I guess but I personally hate Blood Moon enough already as it is.
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Feb 2006
    Boston

There was a list that ran Mutavaults over Wastelands - any comment on which is better?

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynel View Post
    There was a list that ran Mutavaults over Wastelands - any comment on which is better?
    Yeah Jaynel, we did test them one tourny but we found without being able to shut off your oponent a specific colored mana (green) for K Grips in specific matchups you will almost certainly have a harder time winning. Wastelands just will win you so many matches simple for a random Stifle/Waste combo on their mana source or denying them of a Trop. To be honest though it was not testing iexcessively

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynel View Post
    I'll add to this one Rood. Neither or better yet, its a meta call.
    Mutavault:
    -Additional Beater under standstill
    -Extra creatures VS. Goblins + other aggro

Wasteland:
    -Tempo for the win denying things like green splashes etc is a great thing.

Basically:
    More Thresh type decks, Wasteland is better
    More aggro based decks like goblins, Mutavault is the way to go.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Re: [Deck] Dreadstill - Enter the Fist

Here's what I never understood about your build of this deck, which is a very solid idea by the way.

But you run 8 ways to get Dreadnought (4 Mages and 4 Dreadnought).

And yet you only run 5 cards that combo with it (4 Stifle, 1 Trickbind).

Why this doesn't make sense to me is, Dreadnought by itself in your hand is a completely dead card.

Where as Stifle and Trickbind are never ever dead. When you can't use them to get a Dreadnought into play, they kill fetchlands, they counter storm, they neuter Seal of Primordium, and at the very worst case scenario, you can pitch them to FoW as your blue card.

So to me, it makes a lot more sense to run 4 Stifle and 4 Trickbind with 4 Trinket Mage and 4 Dreadnought.

But if not that, i would cut Dreadnoughts from the above (as they are dead cards by themselves) before I would start cutting Trickbinds and Stifles, which are never dead.

I have also found myself very underwhelmed by the Countertop engine (tested it in MUC), so I'm instead going to try a build like this...

Lands
    12 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    2 Mutavault
    2 Wasteland

Creatures
    4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Trinket Mage

Spells
    4 Ponder
    4 Standstill
    4 Force of Will
    4 Spell Snare
    4 Stifle
    4 Trickbind
    2 Brainstorm
    2 Daze
    2 Mana Leak
    2 Misdirection
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Pithing Needle

The one other major concern I have about your list is that you only run 12 blue lands. Yet, typically, if you want to make sure you draw a source of a certain color in your opening hand, you need to run atleast 14 cards that produce that color mana.

Otherwise, what do you think about this build?

Loves the anus
    Dec 2007
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil

You can't jump into conclusions of a control set of cards such as Counter-Top in a deck because you tested it in another and didn't like.

2 Mana Leak and 2 Daze? 4 Ponder and 2 Brainstorm? No fetchlands? I simply don't get it...
    Keep moon-walking.

awesomeness
    Jul 2007
    Germany

The CB+T Engine is extremly strong in Dreadstill, low landcount, CCSpells 1-3 and enough other counter to win games without Counterbalance.

@ Clark Kant:

You can play another Trickbind or 1-2 Vision Charm when you feel comfortable with this, but as a result of weekly testing all this is over the top.
    The Trinketmage is a small toolbox, mostly you serach EE or the missing nought or needle when you need it, but never a second nought.

@ neckfire:

Grats, but happen such mistakes because it's not "real" Magic?

Jamiho, ever since Dragon Stompy made first turn Blood Moon or Magus a not too infrequent play, I greatly dislike the idea of running fetchlands in monocolored decks, even if it means not running 4 Brainstorm.

Okay, forget the CB engine.

But I am curious though if anyone else shares my sentiments that...

It doesn't work quite right to run 8 ways to get Dreadnought (4 Mages and 4 Dreadnought) one combo piece

And yet only run 5 cards for the other combo piece (4 Stifle, 1 Trickbind).

When the that second combo piece is never ever dead. Because when it's not being used to combo off, it kills fetches, counters storm, neuters Seals, or pitches to FoW.

Where as the first combo piece, Dreadnought is completely worthless and unplayable when you have it in your hand without the second combo piece.

This is why I really want to up the Trickbind count (to atleast 2, but preferably to 4), or perhaps lower the Dreadnought count, or perhaps both.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

And if I were to do this, what cards would you say are the most removable from the current list to make room for the additional Trickbinds?

Thank you for any suggestions you have on what I could cut from the list to squeeze in more Trickbind.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Clark I also felt the same way about the 1 Trickbind in the list, I would like to up the count to two simple for the reason it's amazingly good. If you want to take that route might I suggest

-1 Spell Snare
    +1 Trickbind

So, essentially your list would look like this

/ Lands
    2 [MM] Island (3)
    3 [ON] Polluted Delta
    4 [IA] Island (2)
    3 [ON] Flooded Strand
    3 [REW] Wasteland
    4 [AQ] Mishra's Factory (3)
    1 [B] Tropical Island

// Creatures
    4 [MI] Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 [FD] Trinket Mage

// Spells
    4 [5E] Brainstorm
    4 [NE] Daze
    4 [AL] Force of Will
    4 [SC] Stifle
    3 [CS] Counterbalance
    2 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
    1 [10E] Pithing Needle
    4 [OD] Standstill
    3 [DIS] Spell Snare
    2 [TSP] Trickbind
    1 [FD] Engineered Explosives

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 [10E] Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 [DS] Echoing Truth
    SB: 3 [DK] Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 3 [6E] Chill
    SB: 2 [BOK] Threads of Disloyalty
    SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip

Don't worry too much about Blood Moon, for the most part it. Taking out the fetchies because of that card simple isn't worth it. It really only hurts us if we are on the draw, don't have FoW, and they have first turn Blood Moon. even then we can have a basic Island in hand since we run 6 and be perfectly functionable. For the most part I really haven't had too many issues with that card.

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    Here's what I never understood about your build of this deck, which is a very solid idea by the way.

But you run 8 ways to get Dreadnought (4 Mages and 4 Dreadnought).

And yet you only run 5 cards that combo with it (4 Stifle, 1 Trickbind).

Why this doesn't make sense to me is, Dreadnought by itself in your hand is a completely dead card.

Where as Stifle and Trickbind are never ever dead. When you can't use them to get a Dreadnought into play, they kill fetchlands, they counter storm, they neuter Seal of Primordium, and at the very worst case scenario, you can pitch them to FoW as your blue card.

So to me, it makes a lot more sense to run 4 Stifle and 4 Trickbind with 4 Trinket Mage and 4 Dreadnought.

But if not that, i would cut Dreadnoughts from the above (as they are dead cards by themselves) before I would start cutting Trickbinds and Stifles, which are never dead.

I have also found myself very underwhelmed by the Countertop engine (tested it in MUC), so I'm instead going to try a build like this...

Lands
    12 Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    2 Mutavault
    2 Wasteland

Creatures
    4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Trinket Mage

Spells
    4 Ponder
    4 Standstill
    4 Force of Will
    4 Spell Snare
    4 Stifle
    4 Trickbind
    2 Brainstorm
    2 Daze
    2 Mana Leak
    2 Misdirection
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Pithing Needle

The one other major concern I have about your list is that you only run 12 blue lands. Yet, typically, if you want to make sure you draw a source of a certain color in your opening hand, you need to run atleast 14 cards that produce that color mana.

Otherwise, what do you think about this build?
    Not to be mean or anything but this list is quite bad. Mana Leak? Misdirection? Bad calls, Brainstorm is needed as a 4 of and Fetches are also needed. CBTop is amazing in this deck use it.

You Probably don't need 4 Trickbinds, 2 or 3 maybe but not 4. Trinket Mage almost always goes for EE or Top it only goes for Nought if you have the Stifle effect in hand.
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

If you rarely go for Dreadnought with Mage, and only occasionally are planning to have Stifle effects in hand, then why does the deck play 4 Dreadnought?

Dreadnought does nothing for you unless you have a Stifle effect in hand, and Dreadnought in multiples is completely worthless even then.

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to cut Dreadnoughts (the piece of the combo that is completely worthless without the other half) before the deck cuts Trickbinds (the half of the combo that actually has a lot of functions even without the other half)?

I looked through the whole thread and I still don't see a strong argument for why cutting back on the versatile Trickbind slots made more sense than cutting back on the singleminded, useless in multiples and often dead in hand Dreadnought slots.

I guess I'm a little confused as to how to play the deck. I was under the impression that it wanted to combo out with Dreadnought as fast it can, while using blue control cards to disrupt your opponents plan and your protect your combo.

That's why I felt Misdirection and Mana Leak are effective, since both cards are great at protecting the combo and disrupting your opponents removal, bounce and countermagic.

If instead, this is closer to MUC with a combo win condition of sorts, then I can't understand how it could support 4 Daze since Daze is near useless by the midgame and I am wondering why it doesn't play more delay/controllish cards like Veldalken Shackles, Propaganda, Back to Basics and Powder Keg.

I guess it's more of an intermediate between the two. In past experience, that never works out too well, to try to do a bit of both. But the deck is clearly posting good results and I am really looking forward to trying it out some more...

I still feel that 4 Trickbind is worthwhile since the card is seriously never dead, and at worst, just pitches to FoW or can be shuffled away with Brainstorm.

So how about this...

6 Island
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Flooded Strand
    3 Wasteland
    4 Mishra's Factory
    1 Tropical Island

// Creatures
    3 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Trinket Mage

// Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Standstill
    4 Force of Will
    4 Spell Snare
    4 Stifle
    3 Trickbind
    3 Daze
    3 Counterbalance
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Engineered Explosives

Or do you feel that 4 Trickbind is an absolute no no in this deck?

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

I would never cut Dreadnought down to a 3 of, personally. Although you may think only 5-6 ways to combo with his is rather low, the reason it's more then enough for us is because we run Standstill (insane drawing engine) and cheap ways to find it like Brainstorm/Top. I think any more then 6 will probally create you to draw way too many Stifle effects thus being dead in your hand. Dreadnought is run as a 4 of, simple because it enables a much higher possibility of T2 Dreadnought which will flat out win you games in alot of matchups. So basically all I'd change from your list is -1 Trickbind +1 Dreadnought. Other then that, solid list.

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

If you rarely go for Dreadnought with Mage, and only occasionally are planning to have Stifle effects in hand, then why does the deck play 4 Dreadnought?

Dreadnought does nothing for you unless you have a Stifle effect in hand, and Dreadnought in multiples is completely worthless even then.
    Dreadnought has these cool untap tricks you can do(swing, ok take 12, play Dreadnought saccing my tapped one) it can be useful sometimes. Dreadnought will almost never be drawn as a dead card since we run Top and BS/Fetch.

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to cut Dreadnoughts (the piece of the combo that is completely worthless without the other half) before the deck cuts Trickbinds (the half of the combo that actually has a lot of functions even without the other half)?
    That's the thing, Trickbinds were never cut from the deck, we only added 1 for versatility(can't spell?) maybe running 2 is a good call.

I still feel that 4 Trickbind is worthwhile since the card is seriously never dead, and at worst, just pitches to FoW or can be shuffled away with Brainstorm.
    Why Don't you fell the same way about Dreadnought(except the Force pitchability(word or no word? ))

So how about this...

6 Island
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Flooded Strand
    3 Wasteland
    4 Mishra's Factory
    1 Tropical Island

// Creatures
    3 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Trinket Mage

// Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Standstill
    4 Force of Will
    4 Spell Snare
    4 Stifle
    3 Trickbind
    3 Daze
    3 Counterbalance
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Engineered Explosives

Or do you feel that 4 Trickbind is an absolute no no in this deck?
    This list seems pretty good, I will echo Roods' suggestion.
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Quote Originally Posted by HammafistRoob View Post

Why Don't you fell the same way about Dreadnought(except the Force pitchability(word or no word? ))
    It's not just that Trickbind fuels FoW.

Trickbind without dreadnought is an uncounterable Sinkhole, and is useful versus Seals, Pernicious Deeds, Survival activations, Shackles activation to steal your nought before it deals lethal damage and lots of other random situations that seem to pop up in legacy.

Dreadnought without Stifle does nothing.

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

Hey thought you might be interested, I allways use this site to keep up on current decks.

http://www.deckcheck.net/list.php?ty...&format=Legacy

wow Rodney got 5 of the 6 wins! (not that it was unexpected)

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Quote Originally Posted by Maagler View Post
    Hey thought you might be interested, I allways use this site to keep up on current decks.

http://www.deckcheck.net/list.php?ty...&format=Legacy

wow Rodney got 5 of the 6 wins! (not that it was unexpected)
    You must also remember not many people are currently playing this deck right now outside of my team. Also would just like to add the Goyf Sligh matchup continues to be amazing for this deck. I played against Goyf Sligh tonight at a local tourny down in RI but his 4x Krosan Grip board wasn't enough to hate me out. (I think the deck itself total is like 15-0 against Goyf Sligh in rounds.) Roob, are you interested in posting your white splash list? I think his build is fairly optimal for the most part for white splash and I will edit my intro post with this decklist. Went 3-0-2, beat Survival, Goyf Sligh, drew in with my two teammates. Beat Survival again in top 4 and split it with my teammate Roob.

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Roodmistah View Post
    You must also remember not many people are currently playing this deck right now outside of my team. Also would just like to add the Goyf Sligh matchup continues to be amazing for this deck. I played against Goyf Sligh tonight at a local tourny down in RI but his 4x Krosan Grip board wasn't enough to hate me out. (I think the deck itself total is like 15-0 against Goyf Sligh in rounds.) Roob, are you interested in posting your white splash list? I think his build is fairly optimal for the most part for white splash and I will edit my intro post with this decklist. Went 3-0-2, beat Survival, Goyf Sligh, drew in with my two teammates. Beat Survival again in top 4 and split it with my teammate Roob.
    My list for White Splash-
    Main-60
    4 Mishra's Factory
    3 Wasteland
    2 Tundra
    5 Island
    4 Flooded Strand
    1 Polluted Delta

4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    3 Trinket Mage

4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze
    3 Spell Snare
    4 Stifle
    1 Trickbind
    3 Swords to Plowshares

4 Standstill
    3 Counterbalance
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Pithing Needle

Side-15
    4 Meddling Mage
    3 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Chill
    2 Echoing Truth
    2 Threads of Disloyalty
    1 Engineered Explosives

Swiss
    Beat Dragon Stompy 2-1
    Lost to Storm 1-2 (mull to 4 Game1, no blue mana Game 3)
    Beat FishDOTdec 2-0
    Tie Dreadstill

Top4
    Beat Storm 2-1
    Tie Dreadstill

All in all, very solid list although I'm not sold on Threads in this list. Mainly because against Thresh(where you want threads) I already have to side in Mages and there isn't anything else I can side out to fit them in. Basically the match that I want it in I can't fit it in.

Also wanting to add in another Polluted Delta over some nonland card, but idk what to cut.
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Thread Information