Page 273 of 273 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273
Results 5,441 to 5,442 of 5442

Thread: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

May 2015
    PDX

Re: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Played some UBw Landstill recently, the deck has been fun. Began with a bye today but ended up 3-0 beating UR Delver and Esper Vial. Same list as previous UBw except Drown #3 and 4 slots went from Tale's End and Coll Brutality to 2x Prismatic Ending. The lack of Timeless and Spikefield is pretty annoying in these colors, but the flip side is better lifegain (including Kaya), Drown, and better PW killers.

Game 1 vs Delver they got out ahead with DRC and Ragavan, attacked me down to 5 and lost by casting my Standstill. Teferi still in play and cycling Shark as 4/4 pretty much ended the game as they were forced to crack Standstill and pass into my Kaya (lifegain unbeatable as they already lost 2 Bolts getting me to 5). Game 2 they mulled to 5 looking for lands, lost their board and scooped to Standstill.

Game 1 vs Esper Vial they had the Vial and played into wrath heavily, but I couldn't find it. Game 2 they mulled to 5 and lost to CTP beatdown; also Ashiok confirmed heavy monarch all-in (Courts and Jailer). Game 3 they couldn't keep up in the monarch subgame they introduced and had a lot of 1/1 spirits from their 2x Courts - Plague Engi put a stop to this nonsense, and also took out a random Soulherder.

There is a misconception in legacy where people misidentify midrange decks as "control." While monarch tactics are very good against midrange [e.g. the Uro decks], they run into trouble when anti-midrange cards are brought in against real control.

May 2015
    PDX

Re: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Went 2-1 tonight. Narrowly lost to Burn in game 3, and won vs DnT and Food Chain Muxus. Event had 8 decks, others included Esper Mentor and BUG Stiflenought; unsure what last 2 decks were.

List felt great in all the games, even vs Burn (lots of maindeck lifegain). Just drew too many lands vs a Vortex I needed to knock out first in game 3. Only felt need to board 2 cards (EE in and Nihil Spellbomb to deny spell mastery).

Definitely got a free win off Muxus when colored mana screw met with 4-land reveal off Ringleader into a miss-6 Muxus. Really liked having access to 2x SB Unmoored Ego to name Muxus with, though that play didn't come up.

Games vs DnT were all fun, even on my mull to 5. Game 1 I almost decked but managed to fire the Kaya cannon for like 30. In game 3 Kaya, Teferi and interaction kept the ground clear until Plague Engi on human stranded 3x 1-toughness humans in hand [Esper Sentinel build].

Thread Information