Page 177 of 279 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 5564

Thread: [Deck] UW(x) Landstill

Re: [DTW] UW(x) Landstill

Pretty much indistructuble disk doesnt have to happen to win. If I got the killing spells going on turns 1-4 all I need is elspeth and humility, then its a wrap :) That combo is so sick you dont understand and I dont play anything except counters and just beat four 4 until they give up :)

Team Bad Guys
    Sep 2007
    Michigan, specificly Lansing

Yes i've beaten merfolk countless times, including pilots like Paul Matriano (former world champion.) In sanctioned play. Say what you want but I keep winning tournaments with the concept. I'll playtest the match-up and show you all. It's safe, it forces merfolk to make decisions that they do not want to make, and it's proven to me that it works consistently. Post board is a completely different story. You shouldn't need disk elspeth post board, but without the help of wasteland and vindicate preboard elspeth disk is one of your only shots (minus them having an extremely bad hand)

Also tinefol elspeth may be a 2 of and disk a 1 of, but wish should count for something into this argument. theres also top as well as just having disk in an opening hand. Your argument of (numbers game) is completely irrelivent because the model I play is a toolbox deck that thrives on the ability to dig out answers at the correct times and thus beat the clock.

Team Bad Guys
    Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by sengirvmpr View Post
    Pretty much indistructuble disk doesnt have to happen to win. If I got the killing spells going on turns 1-4 all I need is elspeth and humility, then its a wrap :) That combo is so sick you dont understand and I dont play anything except counters and just beat four 4 until they give up :)
    Thats not going to happen however granted that merfolk is more of a sly deck, with cards like daze, vial, Wasteland, stifle. Your not hitting a perfect run against them with humility into a clear board then drop elspeth. It's just not going to happen. I'll test it with you.

Trust me any of you i'll test the matchup with.

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

apart from the sinergy of nev + disk which is not as important vs merfolk I asked aboiut how do you side vs merfolks keeping in mind 4 E.Plague will come in from the side and there are no more advantage cards apart from the 4 statndstill in base.
    Will you take out counters ?how many?
    standstills ? how many?

Team Bad Guys
    Sep 2007

presented my personal strategy that ive had consistent sucess against a variety of opponents with.

let me make this clear since rockout said it wasnt very clear. my preboard strategy is different then others. my model is different then others. players who run wasteland or vindicate probobly have a better matchup. merfolk is obviously winnable from a varierty of different angles. my angle is slower and more drawn out as i prefer to play the drawn out gameplan versus the back and fourth gameplan.

postboard i move up to 17 removal spells (plus tutor) which means that the matchup becomes substancially easier. this should be noted as 17 removal is what it should viably take to crush merfolk consistently in my testing.

disk elspeth is not an every game scenario no, but in my testing the inevitability it gives u makes merfolk fall. in fact disk by itself early enough should make them fall regardless. the trick is playing carefully and around their disruption suit (stifle,spell snare,daze,force, etc.) i prefer this method and if u dont thats fine but dont bother telling me that it doesnt work because i know what im doing.

if anyone wants to test match-ups with me then im game. dont question my integrity unless your willing to back it up.

Elpeth's Ultimate + Disk isn't even a strategy. It happens like one every 100 games and you already won when it happened. (Elspeth on board for 6 turns plus Disk, you must really be in trouble!)

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showp...9&postcount=10

Celestial Colonnade
    CIPT
    T: Add U or W to your mana pool
    3UW: Until EOT Flying Vigilant 4/4

Thoughts?

Just some dude.
    May 2009
    Akron, Ohio, USA

Quote Originally Posted by arebennian View Post
    http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showp...9&postcount=10

Celestial Colonnade
    CIPT
    T: Add U or W to your mana pool
    3UW: Until EOT Flying Vigilant 4/4

Thoughts?
    I don't like the CiPT, tbh. And I'd probably rather run Faerie Conclave than to run what is basically a Coastal Tower with an ability I can use on turn 6. This will see play in Standard, but probably not in Legacy.
    Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.

Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn

just wants to cuddle
    Jan 2006
    Geneseo NY

Maybe. Very very maybe. Worth testing, but it probably wont make the cut.
    I'm here to kick ass and play card games.

BZK

Goblin Piledriver
    Jul 2008
    Netherlands

Spending 5 mana each turn? In a deck that runs counterspell, FoF and a buttload of other EOT cards?

Why are we even discussing this? :D
    Hello friend.

Oct 2007
    Berlin, Germany

I'm pretty sure this land is better than Conclave, possibly by far.
    Being able to produce U/W is golden and being able to potentially finish your opponent twice as quickly as a Factory does is nice too.
    Of course this is only true for the late midgame/lategame - then again, I hardly never find myself beating face with Factories before turn 8 or so...

Given it's not a mirror game breaker like Decree but I'd rather draw this land than Factory in a mirror match - be at late game or early game.

Another point worth noting is its ablity to tap for mana after combat (..vigilance). So it's activation cost is virtually cheaper, at least sometimes.
    And just like Conclave it's a cute out against Choke.

Too bad it's not fetchable - cause if it was, it'd become a one-of in most LS variants. Anyway, in my opinion it is definitely worth testing.
    --
    What other decks are likely to test this?
    It's actually a true nightmare scenario to face this card.
    ---
    Edit:
    Just some common cards Factory has trouble with, while that new land doesn't:
    Lightning Bolts, Grips, Nacatls, Mongeese, Warmonks, Pridemagi, Cliques, Hypnotic Specters (the list goes on).

And some more contras:
    Fast Aggro: Lackey and other one drops that start attacking on turn 2.
    Back to Basics.
    What else?

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

CIPT lands are generally terrible, but the concept of a manland dual might actually make this viable. Dunno. Missing the land drop for a turn's still a huge pain, but so is having my kill conditions produce colorless.

EDIT: Heh, and hey. If you've got 11 mana, it can both attack -and- block.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    May 2005
    Thursday...

That card isn't that bad against a deck like Aggro Loam or Survival. It's not only a dual-land ish card, but it's sortof a bad clock. Regardless, you will still get Wastelands thrown at you. Better off ramping up your mana to 8 and hardcasting a DoJ still.

Edit. That card seems like it might be decent in Standard. Granted, there are no Wastelands in standard. But I'm not sure how much better this card is compared to Emeria for control.
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.

"The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

So it gives them an optimal Wasteland target. This just means that they don't get the benefit of the choice of whether to aim for your Factories or your Tundras. Instead, you get to keep them and lose the big vigilance guy.

Granted, I think this is only particularly strong if like me, you're already running more than four manlands maindecked. (I have 4 Factory and 2 Vaults currently.)

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

Expensive & slow :/ Seems like in a land deck it'd work well, as someone mentioned 11 lands could attack and block, deffinitely cool.. seems like that sorta deck could use a good flier :)
    May your suffering equal your weakness
    --Ihsan's Shade

Eternal Dragon > Celestial Colonnade...

Dragon is a basic plain or Tundra early on and a 5/5 recurring flyer late-game. The only good thing about Celestial Colonnade is that it's big under a Humilty, but Mishra's Factory is big enough under Humility anyway.

Benie

Jan 2009

Factory isn't a 4/4 with evasion either. Keep in mind eternal dragon costs 5 just to return to your hand, then 7 to hardcast, which is pretty expensive.
    --Ihsan's Shade

Team Bad Guys
    Sep 2007

dragon performs a better function then the new manland could function. the problem is that the manland costs five mana to activate. its not better then factory and to be completely honest for a minute

why is this card better then the infinately cheaper monestary. while i understand its situational the bottom line is efficiency right?

Jan 2009

why is this card better then the infinately cheaper monestary. while i understand its situational the bottom line is efficiency right?
    I don't think anyone said it was, just throwing out uses. Better in Landstill? I would say so, less this be some green version I haven't heard about ;)

In a 40+ Land Deck maybe not, it has its uses though... it has evasion and compared to Nantuko isn't hindered by gy hate. Shazam beyoches, I win this thread! jk
    --Ihsan's Shade

Team Bad Guys
    Sep 2007

yeah except if ur opponent is playing gy hate against landstill their probobly bone-headed. (hey thankd for playing gy hate against my 1-2 monestary + maybe cow and dragon!)

and while the new land may be standard playable the fact that ur unitiating stp as a time-walk against u makes it oh soo much worse.

Thread Information