Hi All. I just top 8-ed a quarterly Atlanta legacy event. I don't want to get too into the details because a lot of it is not super interesting. But a couple games did bring up interesting questions/discussions.

My matchups:

Round 1: 2-0 Grixis Delver
Round 2: 2-0 Turbo Depths mirror (more on this later)
Round 3: 0-2 Sneak n Show
Round 4: 2-0 Sneak n Show (more on these later)
Round 5: 2-0 Burn
Round 6: 2-1 Jeskai Stoneblade
Round 7: ID
Top8: 0-2 BUG Midrange (I got thrashed--wastelands, hymns, jace, liliana, FOW, Strixae, MD thoughtseize...brutal).

So, I'm interested to see how you all approach the mirror--as I have only faced it a few times and I feel like I have no idea what to do. In my match against it this time I just got the good side of variance (and my opponent did not) and I rode that to victory. I sideboarded (on the draw) bringing in Libraries, Rite of Consumptions, Decays, Karakas, and Surgical to take more of a control role. But I don't think I would do the same thing on the play. The other recent time I faced Depths in a tourney I ended up Needling Stage and beat down with ESGs. I get the sense that the first person to go for the combo usually loses--but that assumption is based on very few experiences. How do you all approach the mirror? In assessing lines of play? Sideboarding? Play vs draw?

Also, how do you all find the Sneak n Show matchup? I don't mind it because we have tons of discard and can play around Blood Moon post-board (plus Karakas). But sometimes they just draw exactly what they need for their 2 card combo and go off. My experience has been it is like 65% favorable, but in talking to another experienced depths player he finds it 50% or less. We agreed perhaps it is the quality of S&S player we have faced. How do you all find it?