Ok gang, I have to admit I have been a traitor to the Pox cause lately and have been jamming Miracles for the past few months. Was tired of losing to my own deck's variance with Pox. But I really miss Cursed Scroll (I know, of all the cards).

So I have been daydreaming of a sort of UB Pox build that can help solve our most basic problem - lack of card selection. We rule the creature world, choke all resources, but sometimes just flood, or they draw Jace off the top in the lategame... it's no fun. So here's a kind of draft list, if you feel it doesn't belong here just let me know

3 Lili of the Veil
3 Jace

2 Necropolis Fiend

4 Bstorm
4 Ponder
4 ThoughtSeize
3 Hymn
4 Smallpox
3 Innocent Blood/Fatal Push
2 Toxic Deluge
2 Cursed Scroll

4 Wasteland
2 Factory
2 Usea
4 Polluted Delta
2 Bloodstained Mire
2 Flooded Strand
1 Tabernacle
2 Island
4 Swamp
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Maze of Ith

I dunno really this is a super rough draft. Some thoughts:
- 8 Cantrips feels like the standard correct number.
- Necropolis Fiend is kind of a pet card, could be cut. Either I'll cut it or Cursed Scrolls, since both play a similar role as repeatable removal and a clock
- manabase - tried to hit 26 lands since land heavy is the way to go with Pox, but also wanted a decent number of basics so we can play a waste-proof kind of game if we want to. maybe the 3rd Urborg would be better than the 4th swamp though, since 3 swamps would be enough to have them on hand for fetches, maybe cut factories altogether for a more stable manabase... but with cantrips, maybe can afford to go down a few lands in general. Slightly worried about consistently hitting BB on turn 2 but also having U available
- overall, the deck has roughly the same amount of removal and discard as the monoblack builds I've run in the past (maybe 3-4 fewer removal spells, if we count Liliana and NoSB), most of the space is found by cutting a land, the beseech and it's accompanying 1ofs, and the dark rituals
- cards I want to find room for are spell pierce, flusterstorm, 4th liliana, 1st liliana last hope, maybe NoSB and/or Crucible, 3rd creature sweeper, some snapcasters, strix... list is long

No sideboard as yet, but I feel like having access to countermagic and card draw in the board would be quite helpful, and could see maybe 3 Clique. Counterbalance in the board would give us a tool against Lands and Storm that would correct otherwise painful matchups.

since any new deck has to answer the question - why play this over other control decks? my thinking is that with Smallpox and Wasteland, we can attack mana better than Miracles or Grixis, which should improve our Tempo matchups relative to them. Mostly though I'll admit that this is mostly aimed at improving on Pox and not at breaking the meta wide open or anything.

Anyway, like I said it's a pretty rough list. I only have 1 Usea right now but might try to cobble this thing together and take it for a spin. Will report back if I end up doing so. Any thoughts welcome!