Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: [Report] Hadley, Fetchland Tendrils

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Tom MacDonald
    J.V.'s Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2007
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    1,148

    [Report] Hadley, Fetchland Tendrils

    Hadley's March 8th tournament had a good showing of 40 players. I Went 4-0-2 in the Swiss finishing in 2nd Place, and then lost in Top 8 coming in 5th place overall. Anyway on to my list that I played:

    Lands:14
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Flooded Strand
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Tundra
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Badlands
    1 Scrubland
    1 Island
    1 Swamp

    Creatures:4
    4 Street Wraith

    Noncreature Spells:42
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Ritual
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Orim's Chant
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Mystical Tutor
    4 Infernal Tutor
    3 Ill-Gotten Gains
    3 Ponder
    2 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Wipe Away

    Sideboard:15
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Pyroblast
    3 Abeyance
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Hurkyl's Recall
    1 Rebuild
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Chain of Vapor
    1 Sudden Death

    Round 1: Aaron (B4R0N), Rgb Vial Goblins
    Game 1: I combo out and Tendrils for 22 early.
    Game 2: He drops Chalice at 0 but I end up have thresh and double cabal ritual into an iggy loop for another 20+ Tendrils.
    Rounds: 1-0, Games:2-0

    Round 2: Zach Tartell (Lonelybaritone), GW Enchantress
    Game 1: He manages to get Solitary Confinement +2 Sterling Groves so I scoop.
    Game 2: I Orim's Chant Him 3 turns in a row while assembling a good combo hand and then I tendrils him for 24.
    Game 3: See Game 2.
    Rounds: 2-0, Games: 4-1

    Round 3: Evan (LegoArmyMan), Ichorid
    He asks to I.D. and I'm feeling super nice so I do.
    Rounds 2-0-1, Games: 4-1

    Round 4: FoolofaTook, UB Stifle-Nought
    Game 1: I Stall him with Orim's Chant until I eventually Combo out after another Orim's Chant around turn 5/6.
    Game 2: He starts with Leyline of the Void in play and drops a turn 1 chalice then he starts swing with a tombstalker which I Wipe Away and then at EOT I Chain of Vapor his Leyline into his hand. On my turn I Orim's Chant him and he forces then I follow up by abeyancing him and then combo for win while he looks at his Tormod's Crypt with a sad face on.
    Rounds: 3-0-1, Games: 6-1

    Round 5: Alan (Scrumdogg), I Will Survive
    Game 1: I combo out very quickly and kill with a tendrils.
    Game 2: I combo for some EtW's tokens, but he combo's too and 10 Goblins can't deal infinite damage... so on to g3.
    Game 3: I Combo out for 16 tokens then the turn before I kill him he needs to topdeck a land so he can combo for infinite Life but he top-decks MURMURING BOSK which comes into play tapped and I then swing for lethal.
    Rounds: 4-0-1, Games: 8-2

    Round 6: Jared (Jaynel), GRB Burning Survival
    Boring thing about the 1/2 seeds in the last round of swiss is they draw.
    Rounds: 4-0-2, Games: 8-2
    At the end of Swiss I was in 2nd place with 14 points.

    Top 8: Geoff (Konsultant), Tombstone
    Game 1: Neither of us no what the other is playing but his turn 1 Cabal therapy basically clears that up. I top-deck a dark ritual and combo out on my turn.
    Game 2: I'm in mid combo for the win and when I go to play the Ill-Gotten Gains in my hand someone said something to me and I play infernal tutor instead and pick up my library. Since it is top 8 I'm not going to ask him if I can undo it because of the distraction and I lose.
    Game 3: It not looking good, I start by mulling down to 5. Then he cabal therapy's me 11 (this is not an exaggeration or typo, I kept tally.) with Eternal Witness' etc. The 11th is on a brainstorm he know I have and he kills me the following turn with the 2 eternal witness' after the game we look at the 3 card I would have brainstormed into and it turn out I would have got Dark Ritual, Lion's Eye Diamond, Infernal Tutor, throwing back Volcanic island and a Lotus petal and I would have combo'd for the win. Oh well They were good games and the tournament was a blast.

    Props:
    -Kevin for once again hosting a phenomenal tournament and holding 2 Orim's Chants for me.
    -Iggy Pop for being amazing
    -Jaynel for giving me a bagel, it was maim!
    -Rodney for once again top 8ing with Dreadstill that
    -The lady at burger king for going "IT'S WOPPER TIME" into the order box thing at like 11:30pm

    Slops:
    -Jon's Cell dying and losing us our directions half way there getting us savagely lost.
    -My gargantuan play error in top 8
    -Ben (ForceOfWill) for being a nub and taking forever in 3rd/4th place game and making me wait to get back my Bloodstained Mires and Badlands.
    Last edited by J.V.; 03-09-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)