Quote Originally Posted by TraxDaMax View Post
I haven't been able to try out Oblivion Stone yet, but it looks like a solid answer to Blood Moon/Magus of the Moon.

I played Lands yesterday at a 73 man tourny, and lost a game to a turn 3 resolved Magus of the Moon, that kicked me 10 times. I had sensei on the field, and a couple of answers to Magus if I could only hit a mox, but after ten turns "topping" I still didn't find one. :(

(Curious as I am I checked to see when my Mox was coming, and it still took 12 cards... so pretty bad luck there.)

I went 3wins, 3 draw, 1 loss. Was first time I put the deck together and took it to a tourny.
A card that remains an all-star after all these years is Chalice of the Void. It's ridiculous how good this card is when you time it right, and almost nobody is prepared for it. I locked out Burn and High Tide with it, and slowed down Sneaky Show (although that was the game magus did 20 dmg)
The fact that Tolaria West gets it for you is just awesome.

After getting soft-locked by Leyline of the Void and pretty much hard-locked by Magus of the Moon I'm thinking 3 Oblivion Stone should be in the sideboard now though. Trinisphere was good, but not outstanding in most match-ups. Usually I just wanted to bring in CotV.
Karmic Justice worked like a charm against Pox.
I don't think 4 Dark Confidant should ever leave sideboard in this deck. It acts like your loam 5-8 basicly. And he won me several games yesterday while my graveyard was shutdown.

Most of these things probably make sense and are logic to most, but just trying to throw out my conclusions of the deck and see if people think they are right.
You're pretty much coming to all of the right conclusions about the deck after playing it, which is good. I'm not sure that justice is right in the board with show and tell becoming so good, I think the sideboard slot could be dedicated to another piece of hate to fight them.

On the note of show and tell, I'm considering adding another ensnaring bridge to the maindeck over the cursed totem, which would go in the sideboard. Maverick has been a bit less popular lately, and it isn't impossible to win game 1 without the totem. As far as the sideboard goes, I'm not sure if there are any good dedicated hate pieces to bring in against show and tell. Pithing needle effects are only good against sneak show, which we already have a pretty decent chance to beat. I was thinking about adding some raven's crimes to the sideboard to help combat all combo decks, but especially for against things like dream halls and hive mind. Thoughts?