This is a deck originally mused over in the Pox thread a while ago, I built this on Cockatrice and have been getting kicked ever since. I'm assuming if they can't be bothered to vindicate themselves games 2 & 3, then maybe I'm on to something. The core concept is that most decks run a minimum win condition and the rest is filler and filter or enablers, and if you can remove the heart of their deck, then you can win on the slowest of clocks. To this end we're running four copies of everybody's favorite Extirpate & Surgical Extraction, along with Snapcaster Mage to get as many castings as we can manage. The rest of the deck is based on getting key stuff out of their hand to target as well as the tempo slaughtering Smallpox to buy us enough time to not get Delver'd to death. Games will stall out, as we're not flush on threats, and so I have included two of the best planeswalkers ever to help maintain presence even when out topdecks are underwhelming.
4 Underground Sea
4 Polluted Delta
4 Brainstorm
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Extirpate
4 Surgical Extraction
4 Snapcaster Mage
2 Phantasmal Image
3 Bloodghast
3 Wasteland
2 Creeping Tar Pit
2 Crucible of Worlds
3 Smallpox
1 Island
4 Swamp
2 Thoughtseize
2 Ponder
2 Liliana of the Veil
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
SB: 2 Flusterstorm
SB: 4 Force of Will
SB: 2 Pithing Needle
SB: 3 Dark Ritual
SB: 2 Toxic Deluge
SB: 2 Echoing Truth
I have been trying to face the broadest variety of decks, but so far about half of the players stick around for a game 2, so the sideboard is just a cover all bases spread. Fast decks like combo and storm can beat us before we can get going, so I've included a suite of counterspells to give us turn zero interaction. The Pithing Needle covers a lot of cards, and I haven't yet brought in Toxic Deluge or Echoing Truth, but I also haven't seen Elves or Death and Taxes yet.
I'm curious to see what insights and advice others can give. I doubt this will ever grow to T1, but you could definitely ruin people's day if you get the right meta.
Thanks
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)