View Poll Results: Most bannable card in Legacy? (not that they will touch it)

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brainstorm

16 8.33%
  • Force of Will

4 2.08%
  • Lion's Eye Diamond

35 18.23%
  • Counterbalance

34 17.71%
  • Sensei's Divining Top

103 53.65%
  • Tarmogoyf

46 23.96%
  • Phyrexian Dreadnaught

2 1.04%
  • Goblin Lackey

4 2.08%
  • Standstill

6 3.13%
  • Natural Order

8 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1153 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1536531053110311431149115011511152115311541155115611571163 ... LastLast
Results 23,041 to 23,060 of 23542

Thread: All B/R update speculation.

Re: All B/R update speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Probe is mana positive guys. See also the delve and threshold mechanics. Say it with me: cantripping Lotus Petal. All you need to know about Probe.
    Gitaxian Probe isn’t much like a cantripping Lotus Petal. You’re simultaneously ignoring the information-gaining power of GP and overstating its mana-generating power. GP is mana positive if you plan to cast Gurmag Angler, but it doesn’t truly net you a Legacy-mana; it nets you one-seventh of a 5/5 creature. One mana is far better than that in Legacy. Lotus Petal gives you a Legacy-mana. Do you crack a Lotus Petal to cast Jedit Ojanen?

May 2015
    PDX

Where exactly do you think that card Gitaxian Probe drew ended up - turns out it goes to the same place as a Fetchland, and also the same place the card Uro draws ends up.

When it turned into a Treasure Cuise, the mana exploit was too much. When it turned into a DTT, that was too much. When a sideboard hate-immune deck [which also inflamed first player advantage] was the only one left to capitalize on the mana exploit, that was too much. Probe was always going to be an engine waiting to hijack Fetchlands. At all points Probe should have been banned before DTT was.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Where exactly do you think that card Gitaxian Probe drew ended up - turns out it goes to the same place as a Fetchland, and also the same place the card Uro draws ends up.

When it turned into a Treasure Cuise, the mana exploit was too much. When it turned into a DTT, that was too much. When a sideboard hate-immune deck [which also inflamed first player advantage] was the only one left to capitalize on the mana exploit, that was too much. Probe was always going to be an engine waiting to hijack Fetchlands. At all points Probe should have been banned before DTT was.
    I see where you're coming from, but I think you're both underestimating the comparative power of Treasure Cruise and Dig [EDIT: Those are better bans] and overestimating how good it is to get a 5/5 a turn or two early. Worth pointing out that sol-lands let you curve into a 4/4 that Thoughtseizes on turn 2. Information, ahead-of-curve p/t, an expenditure of only renewable mana (contrast with Delve), and little dedicated support required.

That's not an argument for a ban; I'm just pointing out that there's a lot of crazier stuff you can do than cheat on your metrics one time for 2 life.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

None of those things are FREE, though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post

Old cards, lol.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

I can't wait for Legacy to be taken over by Lurrus 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    I'm just pointing out that there's a lot of crazier stuff you can do than cheat on your metrics one time for 2 life.
    Just chiming in again to say Ron is still right, and Gitaxian Probe is fine.

Forest players just mad people see they have nothing and kill them, instead of getting to pretend they had something.

Quote Originally Posted by taconaut View Post
    Just chiming in again to say Ron is still right, and Gitaxian Probe is fine.

Forest players just mad people see they have nothing and kill them, instead of getting to pretend they had something.
    I own literally all the blue cards in my favorite pimp and continue to disagree. Who is a "forest player" and wtf is that even, a new kind of bigotry?

Not that your opinion or his matters, banned is banned and most of us couldn't be more pleased with the decision.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Who is a "forest player" and wtf is that even, a new kind of bigotry?
    Elves, Maverick, Lands...

I read the comment as humorous, not antagonistic. But ymmv.

Not that your opinion or his matters, banned is banned
    Unfortunately true.

most of us couldn't be more pleased with the decision.
    This is really the only argument for banning probe that is convincing. It's not bannable on merits, but if everyone hates it but me and Ron, probably worth banning it.

The "forest players" was just tongue in cheek (though I think there's some truth to it).

Also sprite dragon, YP, and well... Magecraft.

For real I would play a reverse Probe where I have to reveal my hand!
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Quote Originally Posted by taconaut View Post
    This is really the only argument for banning probe that is convincing. It's not bannable on merits, but if everyone hates it but me and Ron, probably worth banning it.

The "forest players" was just tongue in cheek (though I think there's some truth to it).
    I wasn't making an argument, I was saying that based on the merits of our arguments and experiences, this is the general feeling of it - happiness for the correct outcome.

I, too, was joking. Somehow my jokes never read well in forum banter. I must be bad at it.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Expressive Iteration is a dumb card that will be banned
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Strong bet against.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'd put money on that one and give you 2-to-1 odds.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Honestly, Urza's Saga seems more likely. It's got that "we didn't test for eternal formats" vibe.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Honestly, Urza's Saga seems more likely. It's got that "we didn't test for eternal formats" vibe.
    It's good, but doesn't strike as ban-worthy good.

Chances are the next bans in the far future are going be either

a) Uro
    b) a new broken combo piece
    c) something the current flavor of Delver is abusing because WotC can't be assed to dismantle its core, repeating history over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It's good, but doesn't strike as ban-worthy good.
    I may be overestimating it, but it seems very much like the sort of card that they ought to ban, but won't. I imagine that it will get restricted in vintage fairly quickly since it can find mana crypt, sol ring, mana vault, and black lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I may be overestimating it, but it seems very much like the sort of card that they ought to ban, but won't. I imagine that it will get restricted in vintage fairly quickly since it can find mana crypt, sol ring, mana vault, and black lotus.
    The problem is that if you want to play a nonbasic Wastes that transforms into Sol Ring you can instead just put Tomb/City in your deck and skip the delay
    Don't get me wrong I think the card is good and will find a home somewhere but I think the suspend 2 hurts it a lot, especially in vintage

Thread Information