Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

While we're on topic of Plague Engineer, there's a neat little combo that Yavimaya enables:

Step 1: Use Yavimaya to turn all lands into Forests.
    Step 2: Use Life and Limb to turn all Forests into Saprolings.
    Step 3: Use Plague Engineer set on Saprolings to perma-delete all your opponents' lands forever.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    If you have 2x Harmonic Prodigy in play and the ability of another shaman you control triggers, does it go infinite?
    Why would it? Sounds like 2x +1.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    If you have 2x Harmonic Prodigy in play and the ability of another shaman you control triggers, does it go infinite?
    No, it'sa continuous effect and each is applied once to the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Christ. This is gonna be a rules clusterfuck.

This isn't some intuitive tribe like Humans or Elves. I'm imagining Phyrexian Tribal decks with Coat of Arms in Commander and how some kid's day is gonna get ruined because NONE OF THOSE CARDS SAYS THE CREATURE TYPE.

I do wish flavour mattered at all.

Unless this is just some online thing and won't trickle down to the physical game?
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    Unless this is just some online thing and won't trickle down to the physical game?
    It's a general type update. Living weapons and Plague Engineer all have the Phyrexian type now in MH2.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    No, it'sa continuous effect and each is applied once to the event.

Nah, bruh, that's just a subjective opinion. You just need to convince a DCI judge and then you can go infinite because you own the stack.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It's a general type update. Living weapons and Plague Engineer all have the Phyrexian type now in MH2.

Gah.

(But thanks for that.)

RIP Ari

Administrator

Sep 2009
    Vienna, AT

https://twitter.com/SOAMMS/status/1400239198263709702 (its follow up, specifically) made me chuckle.

Are there any more en-masse-erratas like this one on the horizon?

Mar 2007

I don't think so. Phyrexians are the last big bad they've left for now after Bolas was beaten. Kaldheim had a Phyrexian subplot (since they now have access to some kind of Planar portal? ), so expect to show up more often in the future. Thus the creature type update for MtG's biggest baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    Nah, bruh, that's just a subjective opinion. You just need to convince a DCI judge and then you can go infinite because you own the stack.
    Lol, yes?
    Like why do you think a morphed Haktos has protection from nothing instead of everything?
    And why do you think judge decisions can be appealed? You've never seen a dq downgraded to a warning?

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    No, it's continuous effect and each is applied once to the event.
    I guess the intent is [number of harmonic prodigies] + 1, but does that match the rules text?

The template on cards like Panharmonicon has a pattern like: "If [some kind of event] causes [some kind of ability] to trigger, that ability triggers an additional time." In contrast, harmonic prodigy is only conditional on an ability triggering at all - there's no "event causes."

If an ability of a Shaman or another Wizard you control triggers, that ability triggers an additional time.
    So the condition clause on the static ability is different from the ones that came before.

Thanks for the responses, I'll bring it up in the rules questions section if I want to discuss it further.

Quote Originally Posted by colo View Post
    https://twitter.com/SOAMMS/status/1400239198263709702 (its follow up, specifically) made me chuckle.

Are there any more en-masse-erratas like this one on the horizon?
    It's happened before more than once, so we should expect it to happen again.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

One can bypass the ‘next turn’ limit on Galvanic Relay with Final Fortune or Warrior’s Oath.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Endurance is the real deal. It single handedly replaced Rest in Peace and made the white splash for Vaka Nought obsolete.

The current iteration of Vaka Nought no longer plays white thanks in large part to the incredible flexibility and utility that Endurance offers Green.

Vaka Nought 3.0

4 Wasteland
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Prismatic Vista
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Snow Covered Island
    2 Snow Covered Forest
    1 Urza's Saga

4 Stifle
    4 Dress Down
    4 Phyrexian Dreadnought
    4 Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath
    2 Noble Hierarch
    2 Sylvan Library
    1 Ice-Fang Coatl
    1 Brazen Borrower

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    1 Force of Negation
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Sideboard:
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Divert
    1 Blue Elemental Blast
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper
    1 Collector Ouphe
    1 Wilt
    2 Veil of Summer
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    3 Endurance
    Last edited by Clark Kant; 06-04-2021 at 03:19 AM.

Have you even tested that?
    You have 8 maindeck green cards plus 1x veil/ouphe/carpet, are you just planning on using it as Loaming Shaman with flash
    (edit: missed wilt/library but the point still stands)

Endurance is a flash blocker with reach to deal with Delver that also happens to be bolt proof, and it has excellent utility against various combo decks and various control decks that abuse the graveyard as well. It's an additional must kill beater versus decks that are chockful of removal.

Yes the maindeck blue count is low, but if you're siding it in versus a combo deck where you need it to be live on turn 0, then you will need to side in a bunch of the green cards in your sideboard as well (Wilt, Ouphe, Veil are all generically useful against fast combo and are fine to side in).

The various matchups where Endurance has utility is why I like the card so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    Endurance is the real deal. It single handedly replaced Rest in Peace and made the white splash for Vaka Nought obsolete.

The current iteration of Vaka Nought no longer plays white thanks in large part to the incredible flexibility and utility that Endurance offers Green.

Vaka Nought 3.0
    I mean, it could be, but I assume that you havent casted the card once, so it seems a bit of a bold statement.
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

I proxied it and casted it several times this past week while testing the deck in my paper gauntlet.

I was using my Rest in Peace as the proxy for it and it outperformed Rest in Peace on just about every occasion.

Mar 2007

Imho, what makes Endurance so strong that it's a green anti-creature combat trick (that absolutely shits on Delvers even after that) that can be hardcast rather easily and nukes graveyards while at it (which is pretty good in the Uro meta). The pitch part is just an added bonus.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Endurance (and the rest of that cycle) can be used to shoot Dredge’s Bridge from Below as well.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Mar 2007

UW Robots won the first Legacy Challenge

Pretty interesting, that's for sure.

Thread Information