Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 110

Thread: Adept Q&A Requests

  1. #81
    Member
    Illissius's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2006
    Location

    Hungary
    Posts

    1,607

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    OK, here's another:

    Why is Dreadstill a good deck? It seems to be T8ing a lot.

    It confounds me.
    SummenSaugen: well, I use Chaos Orb, Animate Artifact, and Dance of Many to make the table we're playing on my chaos orb token
    SummenSaugen: then I flip it over and crush my opponent

  2. #82
    Shake that.
    Skeggi's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2008
    Location

    Amsterdam
    Posts

    2,047

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    This is not a question, but more a request:

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten
    4. Each of the site's Adepts will take the time to create a detailed, in-depth response to the selected question. In order to keep the threads focused and on-topic, each Adept will only be allowed one post (though they may edit their posts if they like). This is less about discussion than it is about gauging the opinions of each Adept as an individiual, to allow for a clear, unfettered look at differing viewpoints on important issues.
    It seems this rule is being skipped...and I really liked this rule

    And I'd like to add a question: how do you guys feel about planeswalkers? And besides flavour; what about viability of them in Legacy?
    If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's probably delicious.
    Team ADHD-To resist is to piss in the wind. Anyone who does will end up smelling.

  3. #83

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    What is the impact or result of the Tow Man Tournament?
    Yes - I'm Victor Nightingale.

  4. #84
    Not a Member
    Shugyosha's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2006
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    275

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    What do you do to keep up to date and informed about the/your meta outside of the Source?
    How do you deal with new decks or variants/spins of known decks. Do you simply read about them, test with or against them, discuss with people known for being good with that kind of deck (also outside of the Source)?
    TS Crew

  5. #85
    Eremobates inyoanus
    Solpugid's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Location

    Corvallis, OR
    Posts

    200

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    Will true Landstill (no daze, goyf, dreadnought, etc.) be able to compete as/if the format grows faster? If so, what color splashes are the best for an unknown meta? Or, if you prefer, for a meta composed of mostly established decks.

  6. #86

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    Is Dark Confidant (still) a good card? (If not, was it ever?) And was it just phased out when the format became faster and more efficient? (And is it still usable and where?)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOne
    Currently Playing: Nourishing Lich.Deck
    Current Record: 0-79-1
    Quote Originally Posted by YuanTi View Post
    Slightly off topic, but where is the Nourishing Lich in the DTB Forum?

  7. #87

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    What is your plan to get Wizards to support Legacy in a broader scale?
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

    Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

  8. #88

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    Who or what had the greatest effect on you as a player, and why?

  9. #89

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    I've been playing Legacy ever since the format shifted from 1.5 to Legacy. I've always enjoyed the format, however I live in the Midwest and people who play in this area traditionally play only Standard or Draft. I've found a small competitive group of about 4-5 players, but we've been wanting to grow. My question for the Adepts is:

    What is a good way to start/grow support for Legacy in a area that traditionally plays standard/draft?

  10. #90
    I am the Killer Rabbit!
    DalkonCledwin's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2007
    Location

    Allen, TX
    Posts

    406

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    just because it is a huge issue that I am thinking everyone in the coming months on this forum is going to be interested in.... What are your predictions as to what the most popular decks at Grand Prix: Chicago 2009 will be... in otherwords, what will the meta for that major tournament look like?
    "He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever... He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the universe... and... he's wonderful."

  11. #91

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    I think it would be fair to say that in Legacy we see a trend developing around a package of Blue cards that seem to show up fairly often in deck lists. Namely Brainstorm, Daze, Force of Will - and to a lesser extent - Counterbalance, Stifle, Ponder show up in nearly ever incarnation of decks that feature Blue. I come from a little bit of an older background of Magic, so usually decks would splash Blue for drawing. This being stated, I understand why decks would splash for Brainstorm, Ponder, Intuition and to a lesser degree Fact or Fiction and Gifts Ungiven. I see a developing trend where you have decks that run lower levels of Blue cards (less than 20) yet they still try to pack in Force of Will. So my question is "Has the past success of UGx Threshold, Dreadstill and other control decks that rely on Blue stifled creativity in creating control decks for Legacy, or is the hype that true and every control deck should make room for Force of Will and the Blue counter package?"

    *I'm also including Aggro Control decks this analysis.

  12. #92
    Going Rogue
    Melman's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2005
    Location

    Needham, MA
    Posts

    122

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    Here's my question, roughly phrased: "What's happened to Aggro?" It used to be that t8s would be fairly evenly split between aggro and control decks of some sort, with a random combo thrown in everyone once in a while. Nowadays, it's almost entirely control or aggro-control, with some combo. Goblins, Sui varients, burn, all have kinda dropped off, so you see maybe 1 aggro deck per t8. Obviously there are exceptions but I think overall this trend holds.
    Is aggro a fundamentally weak strategy in the current meta? Is it possible for a deck now to be aggressive enough, without comboing, so that it can keep your opponent from stabilizing and run through their defenses? Aggro Loam (and goblins) is the best example of decks that try and do this, but they don't see many t8s any more, and that's a somewhat limited number of decks for the entire 'aggro' archtype. Are there viable options being unexplored, or should everyone just man up, splash blue, and call it a day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfrago View Post
    I have head have stuck up my donkey.

  13. #93
    .....
    Mayk0l's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2008
    Location

    Leiden - Netherlands
    Posts

    253

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    I don't know if this has been done or not, but

    Consider yourself getting an invitational to design a card (much like Meddling Mage and Voidmage Prodigy), and it can be any card and it doesn't necessarily need to represent you as a person (whereas Meddling Mage and Voidmage Prodigy do), and thus it doesn't have to be a creature.
    Considering the format warping cards that are Counterbalance and Tarmogoyf, what card would you design, specifically designed to fit Legacy, that would be powerful but balanced. In your opinion, what does the format need, or what would be interesting additions?
    This message has been deleted by Nightmare. Reason: Boo fucking hoo

  14. #94
    The Eccentric Idealist
    Arctic_Slicer's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2006
    Location

    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts

    123

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    On the 3rd of July of 2007 the Adepts discussed the Best and Worst colors in Legacy. The general consensus seemed to be that Red was one of if not the best color in the format. In the 21 months since we have seen a great decline in both the popularity and success of heavy red decks such as vial goblins. I think it would be interesting to see a discussion on how the format has changed in the last 2 years in relation to where each color stands as well as discussing the current best and worst colors of Legacy. A sort of Weakest and Strongest Colors 2.0 or 2009 or something.
    People are products of their own ingenuity; they are who they choose to be.

    Fight Me!

  15. #95
    .....
    Mayk0l's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2008
    Location

    Leiden - Netherlands
    Posts

    253

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    Really? A silly, sarcastic discussion about Nourishing Lich is better a topic than mine or Arctic Slicer's? :P

    EDIT: Wait, I get it. Nevermind. I just saw the DTB forum.
    Last edited by Mayk0l; 05-01-2009 at 07:02 AM.
    This message has been deleted by Nightmare. Reason: Boo fucking hoo

  16. #96
    Member
    Valtrix's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts

    1,118

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    [Sorry if I'm not doing this right. I'm just curious about the metagame right now.]

    With the latest postings in the DTB forum we've seen a few interesting developments. The first is that threshold is really starting to diverge into two paths, that is CounterTop and Tempo. The second is that Zoo has recently taken a DTB status since it's been printed a lot of good tools recently. I'd say the third is a lack of significant combo in the DTB/W section.

    What do you think has caused this (somewhat recent) metagame shift, and where do you expect that it's going?

  17. #97
    Member
    from Cairo's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    RI
    Posts

    1,093

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic_Slicer View Post
    On the 3rd of July of 2007 the Adepts discussed the Best and Worst colors in Legacy. The general consensus seemed to be that Red was one of if not the best color in the format. In the 21 months since we have seen a great decline in both the popularity and success of heavy red decks such as vial goblins. I think it would be interesting to see a discussion on how the format has changed in the last 2 years in relation to where each color stands as well as discussing the current best and worst colors of Legacy. A sort of Weakest and Strongest Colors 2.0 or 2009 or something.
    Think this one could be a really good one to see as well since so much has changed. The only thing I could see making it a boring topic is it at least to me it seems like the lists would probably be very similar (>>~>). But I'd be surprised/interested to read any arguments against Blue being the strongest color in the format or White being the weakest.
    TPDMC

  18. #98
    The Eccentric Idealist
    Arctic_Slicer's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2006
    Location

    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts

    123

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    I see that this thread has been unstickied. Does this mean that the adept Q&A board is going to be retired? What's the plan? I'm curious to know.
    People are products of their own ingenuity; they are who they choose to be.

    Fight Me!

  19. #99
    Member
    Bardo's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2004
    Location

    Portland, Oregon
    Posts

    3,844

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    The thread getting unstuck was an accident, I think. I'll poll folks LA Lounge and see how much interest there is in reviving this.

    Re-stuck.

  20. #100

    Re: Adept Q&A Requests

    I've looked over the Adept forum and while there was one topic that made mention and some discussion about Counter Balance / Sensei's Divining Top, that was about a year ago.

    Now, threshold really isn't the same as it doesn't even always run Threshold creatures anymore. Instead, it has split into two different arch-types: Counter-Top and Tempo Thresh. I feel that a topic specifically about the implications of Counter-Top should be worth considering in the Adept thread.

    My question is this: now that the format has been exposed to Counter-Top for roughly a year now, how much has it transformed the format?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)