Page 193 of 343 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #3841

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    I remember thinking it was ridiculous when Grim Monolith was unbanned in legacy and it jumped from a couple bucks to 30$, and then Bitterblossom comes along...

  2. #3842
    Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Dan Turner's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2008
    Location

    Arkansas
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    If they drop back to $2 each I am still ahead of the game since I collect cats.



    Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    You run the risk of zoo still sucking and them losing value


    Sent from 15 min in the future via Tapatalk Timewarp.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

  3. #3843

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    So Noble Hierarch is up to 50 on tcgplayer...

  4. #3844
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Hierarch at 50, Seculded Glen is at 15, Grove of the Burnwillows is randomly at 45....
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  5. #3845

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Is anyone even playing secluded glen in their lists?!

    I saw Mistbind Clique's at 25 yesterday too, I think people might be overreacting just a little bit

  6. #3846
    Site Contributor
    apple713's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2012
    Location

    Manhattan, NY
    Posts

    2,086

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by [SLAYER]chaos View Post
    Is anyone even playing secluded glen in their lists?!

    I saw Mistbind Clique's at 25 yesterday too, I think people might be overreacting just a little bit
    I was all for fae when i first heard blossom unbanned. Then i thought about it.... faeries were amazing because their competition wasn't much. I think you had kith kin and makeshift mannequin decks.


    in modern it's very diff. You have access to pyroclasm, infest, grim lavamancer, and several combo decks...

    Pridemage is also main decking since the return of zoo. Fae will get crushed by zoo. between nactal, guide, and kird ape fae's 1/1 blossom tokens aren't enough. even with a scion a few 2/2s aren't gonna cut the mustard


    bitterblossom is a modern only card. It's not good enough for legacy and i feel like peoples are def overreacting.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

    Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

    Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

    why cards are so expensive...hoarders

  7. #3847
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    I was all for fae when i first heard blossom unbanned. Then i thought about it.... faeries were amazing because their competition wasn't much. I think you had kith kin and makeshift mannequin decks.


    in modern it's very diff. You have access to pyroclasm, infest, grim lavamancer, and several combo decks...

    Pridemage is also main decking since the return of zoo. Fae will get crushed by zoo. between nactal, guide, and kird ape fae's 1/1 blossom tokens aren't enough. even with a scion a few 2/2s aren't gonna cut the mustard


    bitterblossom is a modern only card. It's not good enough for legacy and i feel like peoples are def overreacting.
    Yeah I've been brewing a Deaths Shadow Zoo list with 3 MD Pridemage. The card just seems so good in the format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  8. #3848
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2011
    Location

    Denmark
    Posts

    445

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    there was also elves in the meta, and they were good. along w. 5 color control.

  9. #3849

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    When did noble hierach become so high in price ?

  10. #3850
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kingsey View Post
    When did noble hierach become so high in price ?
    When the mana dork of choice in modern got banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  11. #3851
    Site Contributor
    apple713's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2012
    Location

    Manhattan, NY
    Posts

    2,086

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    When the mana dork of choice in modern got banned
    yeah but noble is bant... does anyone play bant anymore?
    Play 4 Card Blind!

    Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

    Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

    why cards are so expensive...hoarders

  12. #3852
    The green Ancestral
    ESG's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2010
    Location

    Seattle, WA
    Posts

    1,322

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    yeah but noble is bant... does anyone play bant anymore?
    Pod decks, not really Bant decks.

  13. #3853
    itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Julian23's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    Munich / Germany
    Posts

    3,141

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    I was all for fae when i first heard blossom unbanned. Then i thought about it.... faeries were amazing because their competition wasn't much. I think you had kith kin and makeshift mannequin decks.
    There was also Ramp with Cloudthresher and Lark and a little bit of Merfolk. I remember because I dropped from my National Qualifier at 3-0 (playing Faeries) to play in a 12-man Legacy event (playing Enchantress) that won me a Grandmother Sengir
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

  14. #3854
    banned

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    black metal bed room
    Posts

    2,188

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    There was also Ramp with Cloudthresher and Lark and a little bit of Merfolk. I remember because I dropped from my National Qualifier at 3-0 (playing Faeries) to play in a 12-man Legacy event (playing Enchantress) that won me a Grandmother Sengir
    You won Grandmother Sengir?

  15. #3855
    Member
    jamesh's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    New Zealand
    Posts

    348

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    increasingly Wizards are going to have to be careful about who knows about changes to the banned and restricted list - there is obviously a lot of money to be made
    mtgpimp

  16. #3856
    Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Dan Turner's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2008
    Location

    Arkansas
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    There was also Ramp with Cloudthresher and Lark and a little bit of Merfolk. I remember because I dropped from my National Qualifier at 3-0 (playing Faeries) to play in a 12-man Legacy event (playing Enchantress) that won me a Grandmother Sengir
    If that was a prize I would concede just to piss my opponent off for having to take it.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

  17. #3857
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Turner View Post
    If that was a prize I would concede just to piss my opponent off for having to take it.
    Nah. I'd frame that shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  18. #3858

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Any moderately good modern rare or mythic that didn't get Modern Masterbated is pretty volatile. Hierarch was obviously going to skyrocket after the banning of the best mana dork, it has only a judge foil ... it's played in Vintage, Legacy and Modern, has casual appeal, etc..

    If you didn't own four and never picked them up in the last 2 years you have nobody to blame but Obama. Without DRS around to hold Snapcaster in check it'll be $30+ in no time as well ...

  19. #3859
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Any moderately good modern rare or mythic that didn't get Modern Masterbated is pretty volatile. Hierarch was obviously going to skyrocket after the banning of the best mana dork, it has only a judge foil ... it's played in Vintage, Legacy and Modern, has casual appeal, etc..

    If you didn't own four and never picked them up in the last 2 years you have nobody to blame but Obama. Without DRS around to hold Snapcaster in check it'll be $30+ in no time as well ...
    Agreed. I plan on picking up my set of Snaps this weekend in Nashville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  20. #3860

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    another card that was being held back by the omnipresent shaman is Vengevine ... it's also a Mythic from an insanely hard to find set ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)