Page 201 of 343 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

  1. #4001
    DocteurGabe
    Kayradis's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Posts

    873

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    You are a planeswalker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

  2. #4002
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2011
    Location

    Albany, NY
    Posts

    808

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Depends on how long people think a couple grand is ok for a Legacy deck.

    I can only speak for myself, but Legacy is completely unaffordable to me right now. Mind you, I make a decent living, but 2-3k on a good Legacy deck is nuts.

    I've definitely been priced out of the format.
    I'm with you 100%. I can't imagine things continuing as they are forever without some fundamental shift somewhere. If adults like you and I with stable incomes can't afford to play, how is some kid who heard about magic from his buddies supposed to break into the format?

    I suppose you could shrug it off and gesture at modern...but things aren't all that much better there, either. Especially not with a fluctuating ban list that sees meteoric rises and falls in card prices depending solely on the whims of the DCI and the ensuing speculation.

  3. #4003
    Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    (nameless one)'s Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2009
    Location

    GTA, Ontario
    Posts

    2,878

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    I'm with you 100%. I can't imagine things continuing as they are forever without some fundamental shift somewhere. If adults like you and I with stable incomes can't afford to play, how is some kid who heard about magic from his buddies supposed to break into the format?

    I suppose you could shrug it off and gesture at modern...but things aren't all that much better there, either. Especially not with a fluctuating ban list that sees meteoric rises and falls in card prices depending solely on the whims of the DCI and the ensuing speculation.
    I also want to bring up that the original intention of type 1.5 was a cheaper alternative to type 1. With that comparison, there is a potential that Modern will be as expensive as Legacy in the near future.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

  4. #4004
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    7,533

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I also want to bring up that the original intention of type 1.5 was a cheaper alternative to type 1. With that comparison, there is a potential that Modern will be as expensive as Legacy in the near future.
    The problem is that Wizards wants to keep the collectors happy - but how can you make cards more accessable if you only reprint them in small numbers to keep the prices stable?

    Aside from that, Wizards really needs to adress the secondary market faster and better - they still haven't reprinted the Onslaught fetches and the Zendikar ones are getting out of hand - price-wise.

  5. #4005

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    You can compare Magic to powerboating, horse owning or collecting vintage cars, but in the end of the day it's a paper card based strategy game with a tournament support. If you consider that you can buy Starcraft for about 50$, an average board game for about 30-50$, or look at other LCG/CCG alternatives (Netrunner, etc.) spending 2-3 grand on a Legacy deck is fucking ridicoulous.

    I've sold off my ANT deck when I realised I could buy a brand new PC and legal copies of CS and Warcraft 3 for its price and still have some money left for drinking. Hell I've played Star Wars Minis until it died where the most expensive piece was 50$ and the top-tier squads could be built for 50-150 bucks.

  6. #4006

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    I'm with you 100%. I can't imagine things continuing as they are forever without some fundamental shift somewhere. If adults like you and I with stable incomes can't afford to play, how is some kid who heard about magic from his buddies supposed to break into the format?

    I suppose you could shrug it off and gesture at modern...but things aren't all that much better there, either. Especially not with a fluctuating ban list that sees meteoric rises and falls in card prices depending solely on the whims of the DCI and the ensuing speculation.

    I don't think this format is for kids, isnt that what standard is for?

  7. #4007

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kage View Post
    You can compare Magic to powerboating, horse owning or collecting vintage cars, but in the end of the day it's a paper card based strategy game with a tournament support. If you consider that you can buy Starcraft for about 50$, an average board game for about 30-50$, or look at other LCG/CCG alternatives (Netrunner, etc.) spending 2-3 grand on a Legacy deck is fucking ridicoulous.

    I've sold off my ANT deck when I realised I could buy a brand new PC and legal copies of CS and Warcraft 3 for its price and still have some money left for drinking. Hell I've played Star Wars Minis until it died where the most expensive piece was 50$ and the top-tier squads could be built for 50-150 bucks.
    And in three years you will throw away the computer that made you play games with fat antisocial people 24/7 and realize that we kept our ANT deck and will be able to pay the down payment on our house with them.

  8. #4008
    Hamburglar Hlelpler
    TsumiBand's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Nebraska
    Posts

    2,774

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    And in three years you will throw away the computer that made you play games with fat antisocial people 24/7 and realize that we kept our ANT deck and will be able to pay the down payment on our house with them.
    .........because no fat, anti-social Magic player ever got rid of their cards too soon in the history of Earth, ever.

    sent from phone, don't be a dick
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

  9. #4009
    Vintage

    Join Date

    Apr 2005
    Location

    West Coast Degeneracy
    Posts

    5,133

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    I don't disagree, but let's also remember that there's a Pimp Legacy Decks thread (right below this thread, amusingly), and those decks are clearly way more expensive than the average Legacy 75. There are also a lot of different posters in that thread; it's not just nedleeds and sdematt sharing pictures of their finery.
    I don't think any of us consider an English language Rishadan Port to be "pimp". Its price alone puts it above the "weight in gold" metric; and that's sad for a card that's not on the Reserve List. Actually, It's more sad that the price is that high, rather than its lack of reprint. Either way, I think WotC missed a huge opportunity to print it in FTV: Lands.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

  10. #4010
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2011
    Location

    Albany, NY
    Posts

    808

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kingsey View Post
    I don't think this format is for kids, isnt that what standard is for?
    Arguably, the whole game is for "kids"...but I digress.

    As players, it is in our best interests that the game (and the format) continue to grow. If the barrier to entry is so high that even long-time veterans with developed collections are feeling the financial burden something is wrong. We can't have both an exponential increase in card "value" and an increase in new players/interest in the format forever.

  11. #4011
    Ooh... Shiny!

    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Raincouver
    Posts

    694

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    And in three years you will throw away the computer that made you play games with fat antisocial people 24/7 and realize that we kept our ANT deck and will be able to pay the down payment on our house with them.
    I dunno, I've had my computer since 2008 (spent about $1000 on it then), and still haven't upgraded. I buy stuff mostly on Steam sales, and it's given me countless hours of entertainment vs playing Legacy.

    I mean, I get it, people are still buying into the format, but to think that prices will continue to rise at the same pace is foolish and dangerous. Sure, I myself have bought a couple of cars and put a downpayment on a condo with the profits off of cards, but I never bought in with the expectation that prices would rise exponentially. It was pure dumb luck.

  12. #4012

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Agreed with Mr. C.

    I'm curious to see what people think in regards to buying cards. I've always looked at it as a payment towards a hobbie. People don't repair their ATVs with the expectation that they will get the same or more out of it than they put into it. They invest into their enjoyment.

    If I end up getting out even or less, I won't end up being surprised. If the market drops quite a bit, it's just the price of the hobby. If it goes up it's lucky. It's just the way hobbies typically work. If you want to get into the collectible aspect of the game, there are definitely specific cards that you can buy in order to get the investment. If you want to play the game, you invest differently.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

  13. #4013

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Aside from that, Wizards really needs to adress the secondary market faster and better - they still haven't reprinted the Onslaught fetches and the Zendikar ones are getting out of hand - price-wise.
    With any luck, the fetchlands will be in the next Standard block. I think there's some good reasons to expect that to be the case; Zendikar was a big hit and had a land theme, so they'll want to do that again, and the "minimum" time between repeating block themes will have elapsed when we get to Huey.

    A friend of mine pointed to Courser of Kruphix as a possible hint of another land block coming up. And if they do lands again, they'll want to bring back landfall, and if they do that, then of course the fetchlands come back, hopefully with all 10. So I'm reeeeeeally hoping we'll get fetchlands in the next block.

  14. #4014
    banned

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    black metal bed room
    Posts

    2,188

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayradis View Post
    Got bored.
    An ounce of Mox Pearl(UNL) is 9002.81$ US
    1 once of Mox = 6 onces of Gold.
    Just sayin'
    "You'll take out some of the stuff only once or twice a year, so let them shine.

    Hips: satin skirt with feathers: Gucci, info on price in boutique.
    Top: Tunic with flowery motive, Dolce & Gabana, 1100 dollars.
    Feet: leather heels, Dior, 900 dollars.
    Sunglasses: Ray-Ban, 300 dollars.
    Ring: white gold with plutonium, Swarovski, 2300 dollars
    Earrings: foil Tarmogoyfs, Star City Shop, info on price in boutique."




  15. #4015

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    "You'll take out some of the stuff only once or twice a year, so let them shine.

    Hips: satin skirt with feathers: Gucci, info on price in boutique.
    Top: Tunic with flowery motive, Dolce & Gabana, 1100 dollars.
    Feet: leather heels, Dior, 900 dollars.
    Sunglasses: Ray-Ban, 300 dollars.
    Ring: white gold with plutonium, Swarovski, 2300 dollars
    Earrings: foil Tarmogoyfs, Star City Shop, info on price in boutique."
    Any price and brand information on those boobs? They sure look pretty pimp aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Nilla Pac View Post
    I've goldfished with Doomsday decks about twenty times and I still haven't won a game yet.

  16. #4016
    Site Contributor
    Raystar's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2009
    Location

    London, UK
    Posts

    392

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    How much for the lady?


    ;)

  17. #4017
    banned

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    black metal bed room
    Posts

    2,188

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raystar View Post
    How much for the lady?


    ;)
    So instead of singles, you'd rather buy the whole Fat Pack?

  18. #4018
    Playing solidarity on MWS because I love to masturbate.
    Dan Turner's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2008
    Location

    Arkansas
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    So instead of singles, you'd rather buy the whole Fat Pack?
    If that comes in a fat pack I am up for a case every new set.
    Join Team Short bus We have all the special People, We allow helmets at our tables.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Personally I ... find MWS to be as fun as running a cheese grater down my ballsack.

  19. #4019

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raystar View Post
    How much for the lady?


    ;)
    How about let's stop with the casual, 9th-grade-like objectification of women?

  20. #4020

    Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

    any idea why Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir triple in price ? as well as amulet of vigor & vigor (seriously?) ?

    to answer myself

    those cards were garbage a wild pro tour happens aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's not the case anymore ... (still don't get the Vigor, the creature, spike though ...)
    Last edited by ryO!; 02-22-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)