Page 142 of 243 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Holland View Post
    Drop battlesphere... get 4 tokens get a double with haste (that dies eot) with 4 extra tokens... tap 8 tokens attack with a 12/7 haste that upon attacking also deals 12 damage to player... thas kinda ok for 7 mana i guess?

Best thing is it doesnt require hoops, the enchantment is good with most cards in the deck anyway.
    8 mana, as you have to pay for the copy, but still good. Copying a sundering titan is mostly auto win too. Better go with transmuter or welder along with it, though, flameshadow doesn't care if you cast it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    8 mana, as you have to pay for the copy, but still good. Copying a sundering titan is mostly auto win too. Better go with transmuter or welder along with it, though, flameshadow doesn't care if you cast it or not.
    transmuter isnt played in any MUD builds i know of. Just keep it simple at red and the usual suspects get better to. play welder get an extra welder with haste? with lightning greaves on table? thats just crazy funny wanna try it anyway i can stufff!

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Holland View Post
    transmuter isnt played in any MUD builds i know of. Just keep it simple at red and the usual suspects get better to. play welder get an extra welder with haste? with lightning greaves on table? thats just crazy funny wanna try it anyway i can stufff!
    Yup, transmuter hasn't been played effectively... so far. I still believe a blue MUD may be viable one day.
    Anyway, you'd probably need 4 cavern and 5-6 moxen, right? Only wurmcoil and lodestones wouldn't synergize with flameshadow, so maybe MD 1-2 hellkite, 2 battlesphere, 2-3 titans?

Feb 2015
    Brazil

What are your thoughts on using Powder Keg instead of Ratchet Bomb?
    hitting affinity lands and being able to activate if the opponent will destroy it in response to adding a counter seens good enough for losing the ability to destroy enchantments and planeswalkers (mostly relevant for BUG and Landstill). Am I missing something?

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

What are your thoughts on using Powder Keg instead of Ratchet Bomb?
    hitting affinity lands and being able to activate if the opponent will destroy it in response to adding a counter seens good enough for losing the ability to destroy enchantments and planeswalkers (mostly relevant for BUG and Landstill). Am I missing something?
    Ratchet Bomb can kill enchantments too.

@Silverflame: Do you see Affinity more, or Enchantress more in your area? BUG is very dominant, but I don't normally see Bomb tick up to 3 to blow a Lilli. Also, a 1/1 split helps in the DnT match-up vs Revokers.

EDIT: @Chaam: You can try something like this http://mtgdecks.net/decks/view/300114
    Last edited by darkgh0st; 07-25-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaam View Post
    What do you guys think of my list? I'm not a fan of the current Legacy MUD lists so I am thinking of trying out a more vintage shops like version.

Creature (12)
    4x Phyrexian Revoker
    4x Phyrexian Metamorph
    4x Lodestone Golem

Artifact (28)
    4x Lotus Petal
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Grim Monolith
    4x Sphere of Resistance
    4x Thorn of Amethyst
    4x Trinisphere
    4x Tangle Wire

Land (20)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x City of Traitors
    4x Wasteland
    4x Mishra's Factory
    2x Mutavault
    2x Cavern of Souls

Haven't come up with a SB yet.
    I do not think this can work. The strength of the vintage deck is the shear weight of early mana. You can then push your advantage though the imbalance you create when you increass the amount of mana you drop a turn. I do not think 8 Sol lands is a strong enough base to build around that concept. You will have real issues pulling ahead and City leaving the battlefield over and over will hurt.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by darkgh0st View Post
    @Silverflame: Do you see Affinity more, or Enchantress more in your area? BUG is very dominant, but I don't normally see Bomb tick up to 3 to blow a Lilli. Also, a 1/1 split helps in the DnT match-up vs Revokers.
    My thoughts exactly, usually I don't even side in bombs against BUG. In my meta, there is only 1 enchantress that I know of and several affinity. Maybe I shoul up to 3 Ugin to deal with solitary confinement and go for the kegs.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

My thoughts exactly, usually I don't even side in bombs against BUG. In my meta, there is only 1 enchantress that I know of and several affinity. Maybe I shoul up to 3 Ugin to deal with solitary confinement and go for the kegs.
    Ratchet Bomb also hits Counterbalance and Blood Moon

I'd always go for bomb instead of keg.

In my normal deck i play 3 ratchet bombs. Powder keg is crap.

What do you think of this? Marit-liege-eldrazi-ugin-karn madness

2 Dark Depths
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Cloudpost
    2 Vesuva
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Crystal Vein
    2 Cavern of Souls

3 Tangle Wire
    4 Trinisphere
    4 Chalice of the Void

3 Expedition Map
    2 Scroll Rack

4 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Batterskull
    4 Spellskite
    2 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

3 Karn Liberated
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Those of you playing Punishing Fire with Welder and Daretti have you tried making use of,

Mindless Automaton - 4

Creature - Construct

Enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it.

{1}, Discard a card: Put a +1/+1 counter on this.

Remove two +1/+1 counters from this: Draw a card.

0/0

//

Has Skyship Weatherlight been discussed at all?

costs 4, Legendary Artifact,

When it comes into play search your library for any number of creatures and/or artifacts, exile them, then shuffle your library.

4, T: Choose a card at random that was exiled with Skyship Weatherlight then place that card into its owner's hand.

note.. You can exile any number of cards, or even just 1 card, it doesn't wipe your board, it doesn't die to creature removal.

It doesn't even replace your draw .

The stack I would pick would be something like 1 Wurmcoil , 1 Coercive Portal, and Chalice of the Void depending
    etc

the strategy would be take a few singletons that you want in play that game. so that you maximize the usefulness of the card.

or take Metalworker / Staff Of Domination

then spend two turns drawing them, put them into play lol...

Alternatively you can use it mid-late game to pull out all the mana rocks, and other things you don't want to draw out of the deck

I played MUD at our local $5 Monday night legacy. I went with a standard 12 post build making space for 2 ugin and 1 karn. I also favor cavern over wastes. I went 3-1 and had a great game against Sneak Show.

R1: Nic Fit Scapewish 2-0

Not much to say about these games. Game one he shredded my hand of threats but I drew Karn and then Ugin. Game 2 I had chalices on 1, 2 and 3.

R2: Sneak and Show

Game 1 I mulled a 7 with no land, then I mulled a 6 with no land, then I thought real hard and mulled a 5 with no land and drew the following 4:

Grim monolith, Metalworker, Greaves, Scepter of Domination

I say fuck it and kept the hand. I'm on the play so I pass to him turn 1. He plays ponder and shuffles. I top decked an ancient tomb (woo) and played monolith->metalworker. They both resolved. His next turn he says "do I just go for it? I think I just go for it." He plays city of traitors and casts show and tell. I put in scepter and he puts in emrakul. My next turn I draw a cavern and play it. On his turn, before he attacks, I tap down emrakul using metalworker and revealing boots. Next turn I draw kuldotha and pass. On his turn he taps for mana, plays a land, and drops sneak attack. I tap down emrakul again and survive another turn. I draw a card, see some sort of artifact and go infinite with metalworker/staff.

R3 Dragon Stompy 2-0

I'm not convinced this is a great matchup for us. I got there both games thanks to grim monoliths in my opener negating his bloodmoons.

R4 Daretti Stax 0-2

I got wrecked by wastes and crucibles. I think this is actually an okay matchup. He had what he needed each game.

@RPGbudgie: Interesting to see that your r3 and r4 matches were decks that use Chalice and some sort of lock, making it to 2-0 or 3-0 during that round.

Yeah, our meta varies wildly week to week because half of us can build most of the decks in the format. For the last round there were 6 of us sitting at the top table playing and amongst us there were 16 copies of chalice and only 4 copies of brainstorm.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by RPGbudgie View Post
    I played MUD at our local $5 Monday night legacy. I went with a standard 12 post build making space for 2 ugin and 1 karn. I also favor cavern over wastes. I went 3-1 and had a great game against Sneak Show.

R1: Nic Fit Scapewish 2-0

Not much to say about these games. Game one he shredded my hand of threats but I drew Karn and then Ugin. Game 2 I had chalices on 1, 2 and 3.

R2: Sneak and Show

Game 1 I mulled a 7 with no land, then I mulled a 6 with no land, then I thought real hard and mulled a 5 with no land and drew the following 4:

Grim monolith, Metalworker, Greaves, Scepter of Domination

I say fuck it and kept the hand. I'm on the play so I pass to him turn 1. He plays ponder and shuffles. I top decked an ancient tomb (woo) and played monolith->metalworker. They both resolved. His next turn he says "do I just go for it? I think I just go for it." He plays city of traitors and casts show and tell. I put in scepter and he puts in emrakul. My next turn I draw a cavern and play it. On his turn, before he attacks, I tap down emrakul using metalworker and revealing boots. Next turn I draw kuldotha and pass. On his turn he taps for mana, plays a land, and drops sneak attack. I tap down emrakul again and survive another turn. I draw a card, see some sort of artifact and go infinite with metalworker/staff.

R3 Dragon Stompy 2-0

I'm not convinced this is a great matchup for us. I got there both games thanks to grim monoliths in my opener negating his bloodmoons.

R4 Daretti Stax 0-2

I got wrecked by wastes and crucibles. I think this is actually an okay matchup. He had what he needed each game.
    Thanks for your report.

I'm wondering: Daretti Stax, do you know what the list looks like?

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness View Post

Has Skyship Weatherlight been discussed at all?

This card is Garbage. Discussion over.

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    This card is Garbage. Discussion over.
    That's Garbage with a capital 'g'. Even Coercive Portal/Staff of Nin feels slow, now you have to pay 4 after paying 4 the turn before, or 8 just to get 1 card the same turn. It's that bad.

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Quote Originally Posted by darkgh0st View Post
    That's Garbage with a capital 'g'. Even Coercive Portal/Staff of Nin feels slow, now you have to pay 4 after paying 4 the turn before, or 8 just to get 1 card the same turn. It's that bad.
    Staff is Slow but, it has its moments where it is just a beast. (elves). Portal I was skeptic at first but now I just love it long time.

This card was just spoiled in the Zendikar vs Eldrazi duel deck

Oblivion Sower - 6

Creature - Eldrazi

When you cast this, target opponent exiles the top 4 cards of their library , then you may put any number of land cards that player owns from exile onto the battlefield under your control.

5/8

Underwhelming . but it's a card.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    Staff is Slow but, it has its moments where it is just a beast. (elves). Portal I was skeptic at first but now I just love it long time.
    Staff also shines against infect, it won me an LQ 2 weeks ago :)
    Last edited by Silverflame; 07-30-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Thread Information