Page 242 of 332 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

I fixed some issues with the "if I still have 20 life:" section of the previous post, and updated my results post and the spreadsheet.
    Me and mattamort disagree on our result. Me and Tylert agree on our result, but disagree as to why that's the result.
    My results post includes my responses to them.
    Last edited by Phasmoid; 06-12-2021 at 01:07 AM. Reason: changed "above" to "previous" due to new page

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    I fixed some issues with the "if I still have 20 life:" section of the previous post, and updated my results post and the spreadsheet.
    Me and mattamort disagree on our result. Me and Tylert agree on our result, but disagree as to why that's the result.
    Yeah, I think I Forgot that you have double expert.

So OTP I just need to unmask expert. Dreadnought will smash through your blockers.
    OTD, I can show FoD and unmask to expert's triggers and win through your blockers with my trampler.

We went too far. A 12/12 trampler is just too good :)

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    Matta hasn't responded yet, but your land indeed dies to the removal, so I'm pretty sure your analysis is right.
    I'll be posting standings & bannings soon and hope to open the round in a few hours.
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Standings for round 4:
    1. alphastryk: 72 - 4,8
    2. dte: 62 - 4,1
    2. Serguei: 62 - 4,1
    4. Tylert: 60 - 4
    5. RoosterCocoa: 53 - 3,5
    6. FTW: 51 - 3,4
    7. PJim: 50 - 3,3
    8. mattamort: 49 - 3,3
    9. silkster: 48 - 3,2
    10. Reeplcheep: 39 - 2,6
    11. GoblinSmashmaster: 39 - 2,6
    12. maxx!: 38 - 2,5
    13. Wrath of Pie: 31 - 2,1
    14. Phasmoid: 28 - 1,9
    15. jhhdk: 24 - 1,6
    16. Asthereal (TO): 1 - 0,1

Which leads to these bannings:
    Ancient Tomb
    Path to Exile
    Phyrexian Dreadnought
    Phyrexian Revoker
    Sphere of Resistance

Standings for the season after round 4 look as follows:
    1. Tylert: 16,3
    2. Serguei: 15,9
    3. dte: 15,7
    4. silkster: 15,6
    5. FTW: 13,6
    6. maxx!: 13,2
    7. mattamort: 11,7
    8. GoblinSmashmaster: 11,5
    9. PJim: 10,7
    10. alphastryk: 10,7
    11. Wrath of Pie: 10,4
    12. Reeplcheep: 8,5
    13. RoosterCocoa: 8,5
    14. jhhdk: 7,2
    15. Asthereal (TO): 5,6
    16. H: 4,8
    17. Phasmoid: 1,9

So Tylert leads the pack, with Serguei, dte and silk in pursuit.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

ROUND 5 OF SEASON 10: DEVIANT LEGACY BANNATHON has started.

This round we play Persistence: All creatures have Persist (When this creature dies, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.).
    Effects that prevent counters being placed on creatures don't cause creatures to fail to return to play when their Persist ability resolves.

I have PM'ed myself my deck for round 5, so you can start sending me your decks.

DEADLINE: Wednesday the 16th of June at 11:00AM Central European Time.
    (That's my time zone. Pacific Time it'll probably be something like Tuesday night a bit past midnight, so keep that in mind.)

PLEASE NOTE:
    The way you send your deck to me matters. Please send it in the way described below, so it doesn't cost me an hour of editing before I can post all the decks.
    Please send your deck as follows: Swamp, Swamp, Dauthi Slayer, Black Knight.
    So with card tags around each card, and not above eachother, and with your Username and 4CB S10R05 in the topic.
    Don't forget to keep an eye on the banned list. You'll find it in the second post of the thread, or in our Google Spreadsheet.

After the deadline has passed, I will post all decks on the forum here, and you can start puzzling out your scores.
    If you have any questions, please read the first two posts of this thread first. If you can't find the answer there, drop a message here. We'll answer a.s.a.p.

Also, if you've been lurking on this thread and looking to join, you can step in anytime, any round. That's no problem at all. Just send me your deck before the deadline, and I'll add you to the competition.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Is modern horizons 2 legal this round? Or do we have to wait for next season - I can't remember

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Is modern horizons 2 legal this round? Or do we have to wait for next season - I can't remember
    quote: "The Modern Horizons 2 set becomes legal for sanctioned Constructed play on its official release date, Friday, June 18, 2021".
    So it will be legal for next round of this season (and to be honest, this is not a bad thing... Oh boy some of these cards are overpowered for this round :)

Can Asthereal confirm my resubmission worked this time?

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    quote: "The Modern Horizons 2 set becomes legal for sanctioned Constructed play on its official release date, Friday, June 18, 2021".
    So it will be legal for next round of this season (and to be honest, this is not a bad thing... Oh boy some of these cards are overpowered for this round :)
    Thanks for finding that - I knew it was out there somewhere. Would have made a big difference this round!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    Can Asthereal confirm my resubmission worked this time?
    Yup, I got both PMs.

Confirmed. MH2 will be legal next round.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Deadline has passed, and by the looks of it I'm missing FTW and silk.
    H will probably be sitting out because of holiday again, but if you have time, you're of course welcome to send 4 cards my way.

Anyway, I'll give you guys a few more hours while I do work stuff.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

And we're as complete as we'll be, I think.
    Welcome to our newest player, shiftyhomunculus! I hope you do well & have fun!

DECKS FOR ROUND 5 OF SEASON 10: Deviant Legacy Bannathon

This round we play Persistence: All creatures have Persist (When this creature dies, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.).
    Effects that prevent counters being placed on creatures don't cause creatures to fail to return to play when their Persist ability resolves.

The entries:
    1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Mishra's Factory, Giant Killer, Swords to Plowshares
    2. Wrath of Pie: Taiga, Mishra's Factory, Young Wolf, Goblin Bombardment
    3. Reeplcheep: Crystal Vein, Arcbound Ravager, Clockwork Beetle, Leyline of the Void
    4. alphastryk: Leyline of the Void, Unmask, Subterranean Hangar, Shriekmaw
    5. dte: Tarnished citadel, Death's shadow, Tinder Wall, Lodestone golem
    6. Phasmoid: Phyrexian Walker, Swamp, Culling the Weak, Mana Skimmer
    7. jhhdk: Forest, Tinder Wall, Young Wolf, Goblin Bombardment
    8. Tylert: Leyline of the void, Rishadan port, Mutavault, Chronomaton
    9. shiftyhomunculus: Tropical Island, Young Wolf, Daze, Nature's Claim
    10. RoosterCocoa: Subterranean Hangar, Phyrexian Obliterator, Faerie Macabre, Murderous Rider
    11. maxx!: Forest, Tinder Wall, Narnam Renegade, Collective Defiance
    12. mattamort: Leyline of the void, Unmask, Peat bog, Bitterblossom
    13. Serguei: Peat Bog;BitterBlossom;Unmask;Surgical extraction
    14. PJim: Leyline of the Void, Maze of Ith, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated
    15. silkster: Tinder Farm, Narnam Renegade, Goblin Bombardment, Leyline of Sanctity
    16. GoblinSmashmaster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Collective Defiance, Crashing Footfalls
    17. FTW: Leyline of the Void, Badlands, Bloodhall Ooze, Duress

Please post your scores and cross-check with the opponents.
    You can also enter your scores in the Google Spreadsheet for the season which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Sep 2011

I couldn't really visualize this meta beyond Goblin Bombardment combos, so rather than trying to play a non-Leyline deck that beats both Leyline & Persist stuff I just played Leyline.

1. Asthereal (TO): Duress takes out StP. Ooze stops growing at 3/3 unless you cast Giant Killer. Chop Down can't kill it but Factory can't attack through it, so you just draw by doing nothing (or cast Giant Killer and tap me out while Ooze grows to infinity). DD 2-2

2. Wrath of Pie: Leyline shuts off the combo. Duress takes Bombardment. Ooze grows to 20/20 and beats through Factory + Wolf. WW 6-0
    3. Reeplcheep: Leyline shuts off your recursion and my Ooze grows to 20/20 over your guys. WW 6-0
    4. alphastryk: OTP I play T1 Ooze. Ooze kills on turn 6 before turn 7 Shriekmaw, so you must Evoke on turn 4 to draw. OTD you can Unmask Ooze pitching Leyline and win with Maw. DL 1-4
    5. dte: Leyline prevents Golem. You make a blocking Tinder Wall and start suiciding your life for Shadow, which races Ooze. LL 0-6
    6. Phasmoid: OTP Duress takes Culling the Weak and Ooze wins. OTD you get T1 Skimmer but I get T1 Ooze before you tap me out, and Ooze races your Skimmer. WW 6-0
    7. jhhdk: Leyline stops your combo, Duress takes Bombardment, and Ooze races those threats. WW 6-0
    8. Tylert: Edit: My Chrono is faster than yours but I can't take advantage of it with Mutavault there. OTP my Ooze holds off your attackers, but OTD you can force the trade and win with the manland. DL 1-4

9. shiftyhomunculus: Welcome! I was wondering if anyone would play Claim to beat Leyline! OTP I play Ooze. You Nature's Claim Leyline immediately to stop Ooze from growing and so I can't Duress it. Ooze attacks as a 1/1 [19 life vs 24]. Now you can play 1/1 Wolf with Undying+Persist combo. But if you attack, I take it and attack back winning the race (I have 5 more life), so you must hold back trying to block me. I don't attack either and we stalemate.
    OTD you play T1 Wolf, I cast Duress trading with Daze, you Claim my Leyline and attack me to 23, then I play 1/1 Ooze. Again I'm ahead in life (23 vs 20) so although I can't beat your creature you would lose by attacking, so you hold back to draw. DD 2-2

10. RoosterCocoa: OTP Ooze is 1 turn too slow before you stabilize with T5 Swift End at 4 life, then eventually kill me with Obliterator. LL 0-6
    11. maxx!: Leyline stops the combo. Renegade can't race Ooze, but Deathtouch can draw. DD 2-2
    12. mattamort: OTP T1 Ooze races Bitterblossom (you need at least 2 attacking tokens just to race BB life loss, but you're at 3 life vs 17 life at that point and lose to BB). OTD you must Unmask Ooze to not lose, so I Duress Bitterblossom to draw. WD 4-1
    13. Serguei: Same as mattamort. OTP T1 Ooze races Bitterblossom. OTD you must Unmask Ooze to not lose, then Duress takes Bitterblossom to draw. WD 4-1
    14. PJim: Duress takes Karn and Maze draws vs Ooze. DD 2-2
    15. silkster: Your Leyline stops my discard, but mine stops your combo and the tapped land beats you on tempo to stop my Ooze. OTD you play tapped land, I play Ooze, you play Narnam, and Ooze is 2/2 before Bombardment lands. You can't beat me but you can stare with Deathtouch vs my 20/20. DD 2-2
    16. GoblinSmashmaster: Leyline stops your combo. Even OTD Ooze is 5/5 before Rhinos can attack, so 20/20 Ooze beats Rhinos. WW 6-0

50 points (12 wins, 14 draws, 6 loss)

Edit: Replacing Duress with Crashing Footfalls (2nd threat & green body for Ooze) would have gotten ~30 more points! I had the right deck type but Duress was a major dud here.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    8. Tylert: OTP my Chrono races faster than yours (attack as 2/2 into 1/1, 3/3 into 2/2 etc). OTD you can grow fast enough to block me but not attack into me, so we stare. WD 4-1
    Me OTP: T1 = Chrono + muta. Ooze.
    T2 = port. You have a 2/2 If you attack I double block, kill your ooze and win with muta. So you don't attack. At EoT I grow chrono 2/2.
    T3 = ...
    T21 = I have a 20/20 and you have a 20/20 I attack you have to trade and I win with mutavault.

Me OTD: T1 = Ooze. Muta + chrono.
    T2 = Ooze 2/2 attack (20-18). POrt.
    T3 = You have a 3/3, if you attack I activate muta, block with both and grow chrono. You can only kill one of the two so you don't attack.
    T4 = I can't attack because i'm one counter behind... so it's a draw.

4-1 for me?

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

3. Reeplcheep: Crystal Vein, Arcbound Ravager, Clockwork Beetle, Leyline of the Void
    10. RoosterCocoa: Subterranean Hangar, Phyrexian Obliterator, Faerie Macabre, Murderous Rider
    15. silkster: Tinder Farm, Narnam Renegade, Goblin Bombardment, Leyline of Sanctity
    16. GoblinSmashmaster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Collective Defiance, Crashing Footfalls

1. Asthereal: You can kill my chronomaton but that gives me life and you won't be able to attack profitably after (Neither will I) as i'll have my 2/2 mutavault vs your 2/1 factory or my 1/1 mutavault vs your 1/2 giant killer (You can't race because you give me 1 HP at least with stp). OTP you can start by playing killer and attack to win. OTD, I have muta up so we draw. 1-4 --> 1
    2. Wrath of Pie: OTP, I can grow chronomaton once before you can kill it and win. OTD you can kill chronomaton and after that, we stare at each other with our man lands. 4-1 --> 5
    3. Reeplcheep: So you have a 2/2 and a 1/1. Chronomaton will outrace you. 6-0 --> 11
    4. Alphastryk: OTP, I play Chronomaton turn 1 then, i use port FTW. OTD: You unmask chronomaton and I force the draw with port (Can't kill you before you play shriekmaw). 4-1 --> 15
    5. dte: You can't cast golem. question is can I have a big chronomaton to block DS profitably. Looks like Yes (see analysis below and check if you find a better line for you) 6-0 --> 21
    OTP:
    T0 = Leyline
    T1 = Chronomaton. Citadel (20-17) wall.
    T2 = C1. (20-14)
    T3 = C2. (20-11) DS (2/2)
    T4 = C3. (20-8) DS (5/5) attack 15-8
    T5 = att block muta (15-4). Attack 4-4
    T6 = att block with wall. if you don't attack I grow my chronomaton. If you attack I can block with mutavault and win.
    OTD: T1 = Citadel (17-20) wall. Muta, chrono
    T2 = Citadel (14-20). C1
    T3 = CItadel (11-20) DS (2/2). C2
    T4 = Citadel (8-20) DS (5/5) attack (8-15). C3
    T5 = Citadel (5-20) DS (8/8) attack (5-7). I attack with chrono you block.
    T6 = You attack I block with muta. I attack back for 5.
    6. Phasmoid: I have two lands. CHrono will outgrow mana skimmer and win. 6-0 --> 27
    7. jhhdk: OTP and OTD, you can't kill chrono without sacrificing both creatures... 6-0 --> 33
    8. Me.
    9. shiftyhomonculus: Nature's claim can kill LL, however, I can wait until chronomaton is 20/20 to attack with chrono and mutavault and kill you slowly. If you choose to kill chrono, mutavault will outrace Youngwolf. 6-0 --> 39
    10. Rooster Cocoa: If I use rishadan port every turn, you can only murderous rider my chronomaton and we draw. I don't see anyway to win and or to loose. 2-2 --> 41
    11. maxx!: You can't collective defiance T1 so i'll allways have at least chronomaton + a land. However, you can block chrono with renegade and mutavault with wall indefinitely. 2-2 --> 43
    12. mattamort: OTP, I can play chronomaton and port so that you don't play anything at all. OTD, you can unmask chronomaton, and bitterblossom outraces mutavault I think. 3-3 --> 46
    13. Serguei: same as Mattamort. 3-3 --> 49
    14. PJim: You won't be able to cast karn. However, i won't be able to do any damage to you. 2-2 --> 51
    15. Silkster: Narnam renegade kills chronomaton, however, mutavault will be there for the win. 6-0 --> 57
    16. GoblinSmashmaster: You can allways suspend rhinos turn 1. After that, I can use port so that you can't cast defiance and kill chronomaton but that means dying to rhinos anyway with a small chronomaton. 0-6 --> 57
    17. FTW: OTP, I can grow chronomaton up to 20/20 to allways be able to block or attack and trade with ooze and win with mutavault. OTP, You'll have one more counter than chronomaton. If you attack I double block with chrono and mutavault so you don't attack and we draw. 4-1 --> 61

Total 61.

Too many infinite combos. I had to play LL. Went with chrono as a good threat and mutavault (Good as a second threat but it should have been Factory) and port to try to beat decks with things stocklands or depletion lands.
    I Didn't want to see too much sword to plowshare decks or decks skipping on LL without playing within the rules. Fortunately there was not too much of these and my score seems decent (Waiting for others analysis).
    We had the infinite combo, we had karn as a top end threat, we saw also a nice sneak attack emrakul combo or a disciple of the vault combo... but all this wasn't doing anything vs LL :)
    We also had the T1 lodestone golem which still looses to LL... so we played LL (don't know why serguei played instand grave removal... that seems in most cases inferior except vs the deck of shiftyhomonculus :) )
    Last edited by Tylert; 06-17-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Sep 2011

Me OTP: T1 = Chrono + muta. Ooze.
    T2 = port. You have a 2/2 If you attack I double block, kill your ooze and win with muta. So you don't attack. At EoT I grow chrono 2/2.
    T3 = ...
    T21 = I have a 20/20 and you have a 20/20 I attack you have to trade and I win with mutavault.

Me OTD: T1 = Ooze. Muta + chrono.
    T2 = Ooze 2/2 attack (20-18). POrt.
    T3 = You have a 3/3, if you attack I activate muta, block with both and grow chrono. You can only kill one of the two so you don't attack.
    T4 = I can't attack because i'm one counter behind... so it's a draw.

4-1 for me?
    Good point. Ooze goes WD vs Chrono by itself, so I played Ooze as the "better Chrono" but Mutavault pushes this over the edge. Double blocking means my bigger Ooze can never attack, and the 2nd attacker means you can force the trade on your play. You really win this by having a manland vs my useless Duress, which would have been better as removal or another threat.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Lets see how my somewhat lazy anti-persist deck worked out.

Since you're not using the Persist, I hold Leyline to pitch to Unmask, taking Swords which always beats my threat. I don't see how I can win here though, as you worst case can always trade Factory for Shriekmaw. On the other hand, I don't see a way for you to really push through damage so this looks like a draw to me. DD

2-2

Leyline stops Bombardment combo, and evoked Shriekmaw kills the Wolf on my turn 4, then returns as a 2/1, which can never attack through Factory but can block it to force the draw. DD

2-2

OTP: EDIT 2: I don't put Leyline in play , but instead Unmask Beetle pitching my Leyline. Slow Shriekmaw beats your 1/1. W
    OTD: EDIT 2: I can Unmask Ravager or use Leyline, but no matter what I do Shriekmaw can't get past the Beetle. D

4-1

This is me

Leyline prevents your Golem angle, but Death's Shadow might be an issue, as the best I can do is a 2/1 on my turn 4 or a 3/2 on my turn 7. You can play Shadow on your turn 3 by bolting yourself 3 times with Citadel, and grow it from there which I can't really beat, so I'm force to Unmask Shadow pitching Shriekmaw for the draw. DD

2-2

OTP: I Unmask Skimmer pitching Leyline, leaving me with the only threat. W
    OTD: You make Skimmer turn 1, which means I can't ever use my land. L

3-3

Leyline stops Bombardment combo, and evoked Shriekmaw kills the Wolf on my turn 4, then returns as a 2/1, which Tinder Wall can't block due to Fear. If you hold the Wolf, you lose the race. WW

6-0

OTP: I Unmask Chrono, but you can use port to forever hold off Shriekmaw but that also prevents you from attacking. D
    OTD: I can't beat Chrono ever. L

1-4

OTP: I Unmask Wolf and eventually win with Shriekmaw. W
    OTD: Claim beats Leyline, and Daze slows down evoked Shriekmaw until my turn 5. This is where it gets Awkward - you have to Claim my Leyline which undoes all 4 turns of attacking the Wolf has done so far, but also Shriekmaw must destroy the Wolf (and therefore make it a 2/2 via Undying) even though I don't want to. Because you'll get to attack with your 2 power creature first, you win the race (I can't block because the Wolf comes back forever). L

3-3

3 black creatures! LL

0-6

OTP: EDIT: I use Unmask pitching Leyline to take Renegade and force the draw, because Evoked Shriekmaw does not race turn 2 Renegade with a counter from sacrificing Tinder Wall. D
    OTD: I put Leyline in play to avoid losing my hand, and I have to wait to normal cast Shriekmaw to avoid Defiance being used to kill it. That means my turn 7, after I've taken 5 hits from a 2-power Renegade (10). I lose that race, so instead I Unmask Renegade to force the draw if you wan to give it 2 power. D

2-2

OTP: I Unmask Bitterblossom pitching Leyline, then you Unmask Shriekmaw for the draw. D
    OTD: You Unmask my Unmask so that you can make turn 2 Bitterblossom which I can't beat. L

1-4

OTP: I Unmask Bitterblossom pitching Leyline, then you Unmask Shriekmaw for the draw. D
    OTD: You Unmask my Unmask so that you can make turn 2 Bitterblossom which I can't beat. L

1-4

I will always be able to Unmask Karn, but Shriekmaw can't beat the Maze. DD

2-2

My Unmask is dead due to your Leyline, so I put out my Leyline to stop the Bombardment combo. If I Evoke Shriekmaw on my turn 4 to kill Renegade, you can use Tinder Wall + Bombardment to kill Shriekmaw, so that's a draw. If I instead wait until my turn 7 I can normal cast Shriekmaw for the win. WW

6-0

OTP: I can Unmask Footfalls to force the draw, otherwise I can't beat Footfalls or Defiance. D
    OTD: I can't beat or interact with turn 1 suspended Footfalls, but still have to Unmask Defiance. The best I can do is to kill a Rhino with evoked Shriekmaw as soon as it appears, but that leaves me racing a 4/4 with a 2/1. L

1-4

OTP: I Unmask Ooze for the win.
    OTD: I put Leyline in play, and my worst case is evoking Shriekmaw on my turn 4 to kill the Ooze and force a draw. Lets see the racing math to see if I can normal cast a turn 7 Shriekmaw to win. You play ooze on your turn 1, and it attacks for 2 on your turn 2 (18), 3 on your turn 3 (15), 4 on your turn 4 (11), 5 on your turn 5 (8), 6 on your turn 6 (2) - you win that race so I must take the draw. D

4-1

Total: 40 points if I can do math. Will see what the spreadsheet says.
    Last edited by alphastryk; 06-16-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Jun 2021
    London, UK

Thanks for the welcome, Asthereal and FTW - glad to be here, though it looks like I may not be starting my 4CB career on a strong note...

My deck, for reference: Tropical Island, Young Wolf, Daze, Nature's Claim.

1. Asthereal. 0-6. OTP and OTD, you can push Swords through Daze to take out Young Wolf once you have your second land down.
    2. Wrath of Pie. 2-2. I think I can draw this both OTP and OTD: I let you resolve Young Wolf, Daze the Bombardment, and Nature's Claim the Mishra's Factory when you animate it, resulting in a Wolf stalemate.
    3. Reeplcheep. 2-2. OTP and OTD, I cast Young Wolf, and you can cast Beetle. I can Nature's Claim the Leyline on my turn two and keep Daze up against Ravager, but an infinitely recurring Beetle can stalemate even a 2/2 Young Wolf, so I believe this is a draw in both cases. (Casting Ravager first doesn't work, of course, as it leaves you with no mana source for the Beetle, dies to Nature's Claim, and doesn't get enough counters to infini-persist.)
    4. alphastryk. 3-3. You said it best: OTP, I can resolve Young Wolf, Claim Leyline, and beat a Shriekmaw through the power of persist, OTD you Unmask to take Young Wolf and I have no win condition.
    5. dte. 1-4. OTP, I have to Daze Tinder Wall to strand Lodestone Golem in your hand, as I can't beat that plus Shadow. You can then resolve Shadow and the game stalemates. OTD, I can't Daze Tinder Wall and you win handily.
    6. Phasmoid. 1-4. Mana Skimmer, that's a name I haven't heard in a while. OTD this is a straightforward win for you, as you can Mana Skimmer before I have Daze up and race me down. OTP, I have a pretty amusing problem: I can hold Daze to stop you ever resolving Culling the Weak, but, even if I Nature's Claim your Walker, it comes back with 2 toughness, and I have no way to kill my own Young Wolf to get it back as a 2/2 that can attack through the Walker. Thus, a stalemate.
    7. jhhdk. 1-4. OTP, I can Daze Tinder Wall and trap Bombardment in your hand and we are left with two Young Wolves, which stalemate - draw. OTD, you can play around Daze to either combo off while I'm tapped out or stop me ever casting a creature, and you win with either the combo or Young Wolf beatdown.
    8. Tylert. 0-6. Pretty sure your analysis is correct here - you're Daze-immune, if I Claim Leyline then Chronomaton kills me, and if I Claim Chronomaton then Mutavault beats Young Wolf. Two losses.
    10. RoosterCocoa. 0-6. Even with Daze to delay you for a turn, I have no way of killing you before you can kill Young Wolf and Macabre snipe it out of the graveyard. Two losses.
    11. maxx!. 1-4. OTP I can Daze Tinder Wall and get in one Young Wolf attack, and then Young Wolf and Narnam Renegade stalemate - draw. OTD, with five mana from a recurring Tinder Wall, you can use an escalated Defiance to kill Young Wolf if it's on the battlefield and eat the rest of my hand, even through a Daze, so you win.
    12. mattamort. 4-1. OTP, I think I win. I Young Wolf on turn 1. Even if you then Unmask me (you'd need to pitch Leyline, having not started it, otherwise you don't have a way to make bodies), whichever card you don't take will deal with Bitterblossom before it can make a token and I beat down with Wolf. OTD, you can Unmask to take Young Wolf and we draw.
    13. serguei. 4-1. I think this is the same situation as mattamort. Extraction is redundant when I'm OTP, as you can't kill Young Wolf.
    14. PJim. 0-6. I can't even come close to killing you before you can resolve Karn through a Daze, eat Young Wolf, and reset the game with it on your side.
    15. silkster. 6-0. Both OTP and OTD, I can Daze Narnam Renegade, which leaves you without a win condition, and then beat down with Young Wolf.
    16. GoblinSmashmaster. 0-6. OTP, I can Daze Tinder Wall to strand Defiance in your hand, but even an infinite wolf doesn't beat two 4/4s. OTD, I can't Daze Tinder Wall and you can eat Daze to stop me from countering Crashing Footfalls.
    17. FTW. 2-2. Agree with your analysis - Ooze and Wolf stalemate whatever we do.

Spreadsheet says that gives me a total of 28 points for the round, of a possible 96, a 29.2% performance rate. I think my mistake was trying to plan for too many eventualities - Daze plus Claim didn't give me space to make my win condition more robust, and Claim was a blank far too often.

Looking forward to the next one!

EDIT 17/06 15:15: Edited performance against mattamort and serguei following serguei's analysis - thanks!
    EDIT 19/06 11:00: Edited performance against jhhdk following FTW's analysis - thank you!
    Last edited by shiftyhomunculus; 06-19-2021 at 06:00 AM.

RhinoSmashmaster Results for Round "I missed the Goblin combo "

Rhino smash! 6-0

Rhino smash! 6-0

Rhino smash, then Ravaged 3-3

Rhino smash, then Unmasked 4-1

Rhino smash, then Golem 3-3

Rhino smash! 6-0

Rhino smash! 6-0

Rhino smash! 6-0

Rhino smash! 6-0

Rhino smash! 6-0

Hey that's me! 3-3

Rhino smash! 6-0

Leyline 0-6

That's me not bombarding with goblins :( :(

Duress 0-6

Total: 69 points
    Last edited by GoblinSmashmaster; 06-17-2021 at 06:49 AM.

I can never guess the meta properly between abuse the rule, hate the rule, or ignore it.

The entries:
    LL 0-6

Leyline. WW 6-0

Leyline will stop me from winning, but the beetle walls your shriekmaw forever. DL 1-4. End of combat is not the same as end of blocks.

The t3 infinite power attacker eventually kills you. WW 6-0

I can get set up with infinite power on the play, but OTD you win the race. WL 3-3

Leyline. WW 6-0

I am more affected by the hate. LL 0-6

If I i let you daze the beetle you can claim the ravager. So I sac vein to play the beetle, and no matter what you claim we have undying 1/1s staring at each other. DD 2-2

LL 0-6

Leyline stops you going off t1. My infinite power ravager trades with narnam and then modular kills you. OTD you need to make me discard ravager so a 1/2 narnam and a 2/2 beetle stare. WD 4-1

LL 0-6
    LL 0-6
    LL 0-6
    Infinite power ravager trades with renegade and then donates its counters to beetle.
    WW 6-0

OTP I can get set up. OTD discarding my ravager slows me down too much. WL 3-3

LL 0-6

11 W 4D 17 L for 37/96

Thread Information