Page 243 of 332 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    3. Reeplcheep: Crystal Vein, Arcbound Ravager, Clockwork Beetle, Leyline of the Void4. alphastryk: Leyline of the Void, Unmask, Subterranean Hangar, Shriekmaw
    Leyline will stop me from winning, but the beetle walls your shriekmaw forever. DL 1-4. End of combat is not the same as end of blocks.
    I definitely misread the beetle (updated my post now), but I don't see how I can with either OTP or OTD, as the Beetle always walls off Shriekmaw. Looks like 2 draws to me.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    I definitely misread the beetle (updated my post now), but I don't see how I can with either OTP or OTD, as the Beetle always walls off Shriekmaw. Looks like 2 draws to me.
    That’s why you unmask the beetle OTP ;)

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    8. Tylert: Leyline of the void, Rishadan port, Mutavault, Chronomaton
    16. GoblinSmashmaster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Collective Defiance, Crashing Footfalls

16. GoblinSmashmaster: OTP, My chronomaton can block as a 5/5 when you cast footfalls so you can't attack profitably and I win. OTD, You attack once when i'm 4/4 so i go to 12, then if you attack again i go to 8 and then can grow chrono to 20/20 FTW. 6-0 --> 64
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    Disagreement here.

I just noticed the Collective Defiance decks can play around Leyline by slowing down 1 turn
    T1 Tinder Wall
    T2 Pay 1RR from land + Wall to cast Defiance without kicker.

Tylert OTP
    Reveal Leyline on turn 0
    T1 T: Mutavault, Chronomaton
    T1 G: Tinder Wall go

T2 T: Port. Port every turn to prevent Defiance killing Chrono, but then there's no mana for Mutavault attack or to grow Chrono. 1/1 Chrono can't attack through 0/3 Wall.
    Draw

Tylert OTD
    Same thing except Rhinos get suspended turn 1, Port must still stop Defiance, and then Rhinos win.

DL 1-4 (WD 4-1 for GoblinSmashmaster)

Still DD vs maxx! since Narnam Renegade is not as threatening as Rhinos.
    Last edited by FTW; 06-16-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

That’s why you unmask the beetle OTP ;)
    Aha! That does it, and slow Shriekmaw does beat a 1/1. Will update again

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSmashmaster View Post
    I don't understand why we draw.

OTP:
    T0 = Leyline (you can't defiance on T1)
    T1 = Muta, Chrono C0. Suspend Rhino R4
    T2 = C1. R3
    T3 = C2. R2
    T4 = C3. R1
    T5 = Nothing. Cast rhinos, I have a 5/5 you can attack but you'll loose anyway. if you don't attack I grow chrono to 20 with double blocker.

OTD:
    T1 = Suspend Rhino R4. Muta, chrono C0
    T2 = R3. C1
    T3 = R2. C2
    T4 = R1. C3
    T5 = cast rhinos attack (20-12).
    T6 = If you attack i block and grow (20-8).
    T7 = You can't attack anymore I wait until I have a 20/20 and attack with mutavault backup for the win.

Can you explain your line?

EDIT: Had not seen that collective defiance could kill chrono.
    I can port to draw OTP. OTD, I can't.

1-4.

6. me: Phyrexian Walker, Swamp, Culling the Weak, Mana Skimmer

I know Swamp+CtW+Skimmer has been played at least several times before.
    I choose Phyrexian Walker over Memnite because I figured I'd be more than 3 times
    as likely to get a draw from Phyrexian Walker as I would be to get a win from Memnite.
    I thought differently in the original version of this post, but due to shiftyhomunculus's correction,
    I now believe the difference turned 1 loss-for-me into a draw-for-me and didn't affect any of my other games.

37 points
    (4 more than before the corrections to this post)

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Mishra's Factory, Giant Killer, Swords to Plowshares LL 0-6

My creature (Walker or Skimmer) gets put to the Swords, so either of your creatures wins for you.

2. Wrath of Pie: Taiga, Mishra's Factory, Young Wolf, Goblin Bombardment WL 3-3

when I am OTP:
    Mana Skimmer has flying, so Young Wolf can't block it, which means you never untap 2 lands. As a result, you can't cast Goblin Bombardment and can't attack or block with Mishra's Factory, so my 2/2 beats your 1/1.

When I am OTD, you deal infinite damage to me on T2. (It took me a while to satisfy myself that this combo actually works here.)

3. Reeplcheep: Crystal Vein, Arcbound Ravager, Clockwork Beetle, Leyline of the Void WL 3-3

when I am OTP:
    You can't cast more than 1 of your creatures. If you cast Clockwork Bettle, then my 2/2 flyer wins because only your first counterattack is with a 2/2; the rest are with a 1/1. If you cast Arcbound Ravager, then you have no other artifacts to sacrifice, and sacrificing Arcbound Ravager itself doesn't help, so my 2/2 wins.

When I am OTD, you make an infinity/infinity creature on T2, and that wins for you.

4. alphastryk: Leyline of the Void, Unmask, Subterranean Hangar, Shriekmaw WL 3-3

When I am OTP, Subterranean Hangar will never untap, so my 2/2 wins.
    When I am OTD, you pitch LotV to Unmask Phyrexian Walker, and then your 3/2 or 2/1 wins.

5. dte: Tarnished citadel, Death's shadow, Tinder Wall, Lodestone golem LL 0-6

You take 3 damage and cast T1 Lodestone Golem. You need at most 6 attacks to kill me
    (Persist means I could block twice), whereas I would need 9 attacks to kill you.

6. Phasmoid: Phyrexian Walker, Swamp, Culling the Weak, Mana Skimmer this is me

7. jhhdk: Forest, Tinder Wall, Young Wolf, Goblin Bombardment WL 3-3

when I am OTP:
    Your Forest will never untap, so you can't cast both Young Wolf and Goblin Bombardment. Young Wolf loses to my 2/2 flyer, and casting Goblin Bombardment requires having sacrificed Tinder Wall once. After that, Goblin Bombardment can't deal more than 1 damage, so my 2/2 flyer still wins.

When I am OTD, you deal infinite damage to me on T2. (It took me a while to satisfy myself that this combo actually works here.)

8. Tylert: Leyline of the void, Rishadan port, Mutavault, Chronomaton LL 0-6

If I don't block, then you only need 8 attacks to kill me (3 pumps + 5 attacks or 4 pumps + 4 attacks), so I must block after dealing at most 14 damage to you. That means I would need at least 13 attacks to kill you, but I can't block more than twice, so you win.

9. shiftyhomunculus: Tropical Island, Young Wolf, Daze, Nature's Claim WD 4-1

When I am OTP, my 2/2 flyer beats your 1/1.

when I am OTD:
    You would Daze CtW or Mana Skimmer, so I keep Phyrexian Walker. Nature can Claim that, but as shiftyhomunculus pointed out, it Persists as a -1/2, and Young Wolf can neither attack through that as a 1/1 nor die to make itself a 2/2.

10. RoosterCocoa: Subterranean Hangar, Phyrexian Obliterator, Faerie Macabre, Murderous Rider WW 6-0

You can put one storage counter on Subterranean Hangar, but it will never untap after that, so my 2/2 wins.

11. maxx!: Forest, Tinder Wall, Narnam Renegade, Collective Defiance WL 3-3

I originally had this one wrong too, but maxx! seems to have it right in his results post.
    (Since my deck didn't go out of its way at-all to use the round-rule,
    I was missing that my creatures nonetheless do get Persist. ^_^ )

When I am OTD, Collective Defiance discards my hand and then Narnam Renegade kills me.

when I am OTP:
    I cast T1 Mana Skimmer. Due to flying, Tinder Wall is only useful as tinder rather than also as a wall, so on T1, maxx! chooses between Narnam Renegade and Collective Defiance. If he chooses Narnam Renegade, then Mana Skimmer keeps his Forest tapped starting on my T2 and thereby beats his 1/2. If he chooses Collective Defiance, then Mana Skimmer persists as a 1/1, keeps his Forest tapped starting on my T2, and thereby wins for me.

12. mattamort: Leyline of the void, Unmask, Peat bog, Bitterblossom WL 3-3

When I am OTP, Peat Bog will never untap, so my 2/2 wins.
    When I am OTD, you pitch LotV to Unmask me, and then your Bitterblossom wins.

13. Serguei: Peat Bog;BitterBlossom;Unmask;Surgical extraction WL 3-3

When I am OTP, Peat Bog will never untap, so my 2/2 wins.
    When I am OTD, you pitch Surgical Extraction to Unmask me, and then your Bitterblossom wins.

14. PJim: Leyline of the Void, Maze of Ith, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated LL 0-6

Maze of Ith shuts down my Mana Skimmer, so you cast Karn Liberated, exile my Mana Skimmer, restart the game, and win with your Mana Skimmer.

15. silkster: Tinder Farm, Narnam Renegade, Goblin Bombardment, Leyline of Sanctity WW 6-0

When you are OTP, you get to cast something T2. Otherwise, you will never have an untapped land to cast anything. Goblin Bombardment on its own does nothing for you, so you cast T2 Narnam Renegade. That requires tapping Tinder Farm for {G}, so you won't be able to sacrifice anything, which means Narnam Renegade will be 1/2 rather than 2/3. My 2/2 has flying, so I win even though your creature has Deathtouch and can attack first.

16. GoblinSmashmaster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Collective Defiance, Crashing Footfalls LL 0-6

(Before maxx!'s results post, I had the right result here but wrong reasons.)

Collective Defiance discards my hand + makes any creature I played either -1/2 or 1/1. Even in the latter case, I would need 20 attacks to kill you, but your Rhinos kill me on T8.

17. FTW: Leyline of the Void, Badlands, Bloodhall Ooze, Duress LL 0-6

You need at most 7 attacks to kill me (Persist means I could block twice), whereas I would need 10 attacks to kill you.
    Last edited by Phasmoid; 06-16-2021 at 05:19 PM. Reason: maxx!'s results post has out match right

3. Reeplcheep: Crystal Vein, Arcbound Ravager, Clockwork Beetle, Leyline of the Void
    I can never guess the meta properly between abuse the rule, hate the rule, or ignore it.

The entries:
    7. jhhdk: Forest, Tinder Wall, Young Wolf, Goblin Bombardment
    Leyline. WW 6-0

If you begin with Leyline, then you can't win: jhhdk just casts Tinder Wall and has it block Arcbound Ravager.

Arcbound Ravager will never get above 2 power, so Tinder Wall can block it forever, and Clockwork Beetle can't deal more than 6 damage.

(I have not tried checking whether you can win _without_ Leyline.)

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    If you begin with Leyline, then you can't win: jhhdk just casts Tinder Wall and has it block Arcbound Ravager.

Arcbound Ravager will never get above 2 power, so Tinder Wall can block it forever, and Clockwork Beetle can't deal more than 6 damage.

Leyline is one-sided, so it doesn't stop Ravager from growing infinitely.

Sep 2011

Leyline of the Void is 1-sided.

Edit: alphastryk plays Sakashima's Student using Ninjutsu

Jun 2021
    London, UK

9. shiftyhomunculus: Tropical Island, Young Wolf, Daze, Nature's Claim WL 3-3

When I am OTP, my 2/2 flyer beats your 1/1.

when I am OTD:
    You would Daze CtW or Mana Skimmer, so I keep Phyrexian Walker. Nature claims that, and then your 1/1 wins.
    I think I actually only draw when you're OTD - Walker persists as a -1/2 and I can't attack through that, nor can I kill Young Wolf to make it a 2/2.

I would, however, have beaten a Memnite. ;)

@ alphastryk and FTW :

Oh, right. However, I still don't see how Reeplcheep wins when jhhdk is OTP:

jhhdk gets both Young Wolf and Goblin Bombardment out before Reeplcheep can go infinite, and then it seems to me that Young Wolf can trade for Arcbound Ravager, either by blocking a 1/1 Arcbound Ravager or by Bombarding it with both its pump ability and the Beetle's Persist trigger on the stack.
    Last edited by Phasmoid; 06-16-2021 at 04:40 PM. Reason: indicated who I was responding to, due to intervening post

2. Wrath of Pie: Taiga, Mishra's Factory, Young Wolf, Goblin Bombardment

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Mishra's Factory, Giant Killer, Swords to Plowshares WW - This was a bad round for creature removal.
    3. Reeplcheep: Crystal Vein, Arcbound Ravager, Clockwork Beetle, Leyline of the Void LL
    4. alphastryk: Leyline of the Void, Unmask, Subterranean Hangar, Shriekmaw DD
    5. dte: Tarnished citadel, Death's shadow, Tinder Wall, Lodestone golem DD
    6. Phasmoid: Phyrexian Walker, Swamp, Culling the Weak, Mana Skimmer WL
    7. jhhdk: Forest, Tinder Wall, Young Wolf, Goblin Bombardment WL - Turn 2 kill is not the turn 1 kill I was expecting.
    8. Tylert: Leyline of the void, Rishadan port, Mutavault, Chronomaton DL
    9. shiftyhomunculus: Tropical Island, Young Wolf, Daze, Nature's Claim DD
    10. RoosterCocoa: Subterranean Hangar, Phyrexian Obliterator, Faerie Macabre, Murderous Rider LL
    11. maxx!: Forest, Tinder Wall, Narnam Renegade, Collective Defiance DL
    12. mattamort: Leyline of the void, Unmask, Peat bog, Bitterblossom LL
    13. Serguei: Peat Bog;BitterBlossom;Unmask;Surgical extraction LL
    14. PJim: Leyline of the Void, Maze of Ith, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated LL
    15. silkster: Tinder Farm, Narnam Renegade, Goblin Bombardment, Leyline of Sanctity LL - Narnam Renegade makes Young Wolf look hilariously bad.
    16. GoblinSmashmaster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Collective Defiance, Crashing Footfalls LL - I see even you could resist the allure of Goblin Bombardment.
    17. FTW: Leyline of the Void, Badlands, Bloodhall Ooze, Duress LL

4w8d = 20 points

That did not work out.
    Last edited by Wrath of Pie; 06-19-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Forest, Tinder Wall, Narnam Renegade, Collective Defiance

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Mishra's Factory, Giant Killer, Swords to Plowshares
    OTP I discard your hand. OTD you can play a Giant Killer first, but I can use the second mode on Collective Defiance to kill it down to a 0/1 while discarding your hand. 6-0

OTP I discard your hand. OTD Young Wolf and Narnam Renegade bump into each other forever. 4-1

3. Reeplcheep: Crystal Vein, Arcbound Ravager, Clockwork Beetle, Leyline of the Void
    OTP I play Tinder Wall, then you play Beetle. I can Defiance your Beetle, but it persists and lives, so instead I need to discard your Ravager. That leaves me with a Renegade that can't attack into your Beetle without trading, so we stare. OTD you land both of your creatures, and I can't use Defiance as removal on either of them, so Renegade stops one but the other kills me. 1-4

4. alphastryk: Leyline of the Void, Unmask, Subterranean Hangar, Shriekmaw
    OTP you have to start with Leyline or I discard your hand and win. Then you have to Unmask me or I'll discard your hand on my second turn. That leaves us both with no threats. OTD is the same because your land is slow. 2-2

5. dte: Tarnished citadel, Death's shadow, Tinder Wall, Lodestone golem
    Whoever goes first locks the other out of the game. 3-3

6. Phasmoid: Phyrexian Walker, Swamp, Culling the Weak, Mana Skimmer
    Another turn 1 deck. OTP I discard your hand. OTD you make Mana Skimmer and I don't think I can do much about it. Tinder Wall can't block it, Renegade can't race it, and Defiance can't kill it. 3-3

OTP I discard your hand. OTD Young Wolf is the best you can do before I discard your hand, and then Renegade and Wolf fight forever. 4-1

OTP I play Tinder Wall, you play Chronomaton, then I discard your hand. I can't race from here, so I have to stay back with Renegade. Alternatively I can kill Chronomaton with Defiance, but then I can't race Mutavault and have to stay back on defense. OTD you get to play your whole hand before I can Defiance, which means I use it to kill Chronomaton and just sit back with Renegade to block Mutavault. Or I just block Mutavault with my Wall and Chronomaton with Renegade. Lots of lines, all draws. 2-2

9. shiftyhomunculus: Tropical Island, Young Wolf, Daze, Nature's Claim
    Welcome! This is a pretty interesting meta deck. OTP I can discard your hand. OTD you can Daze whatever creature I play, but on my second turn my other creature will stick. So either Wall blocks Wolf forever, or Renegade and Wolf kill each other forever. 4-1

10. RoosterCocoa: Subterranean Hangar, Phyrexian Obliterator, Faerie Macabre, Murderous Rider
    Faerie Macabre is interesting. Fortunately your storage land is too slow to really stop me. I play Collective Defiance the safe way on my second turn to discard your hand, then Narnam Renegade once the coast is clear. 6-0

11. maxx!: Forest, Tinder Wall, Narnam Renegade, Collective Defiance
    This is me :]

12. mattamort: Leyline of the void, Unmask, Peat bog, Bitterblossom
    You've gotta run out the Leyline when I'm OTP or I discard your hand. If I play Tinder Wall then you have to Unmask me to force a draw. If I play Renegade instead, then you can't Unmask and play Peat Bog. I play Tinder Wall, then you can play Bitterblossom. There's no way I can race that, so I have to force you to Unmask. OTD you can play Bitterblossom before I can Defiance you, and I can't race it. 1-4

13. Serguei: Peat Bog;BitterBlossom;Unmask;Surgical extraction
    This is the same as the mattamort matchup, except your "Leyline" costs you 2 life. I don't think that will change the race math against a resolved Bitterblossom in my favor, so I have to force the draw OTP and then lose OTD. 1-4 Edit: You only have to threaten Extraction to keep me from comboing on my turn 1, but then you can pitch it to Unmask on your own turn to take Defiance anyway and save your Bitterblossom. 0-6

14. PJim: Leyline of the Void, Maze of Ith, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated
    Leyline makes me a turn too slow to stop Maze from landing. Your storage land is way too slow to ever land Karn. 2-2

15. silkster: Tinder Farm, Narnam Renegade, Goblin Bombardment, Leyline of Sanctity
    Can't beat this. Nice deck. 0-6

16. GoblinSmashmaster: Taiga, Tinder Wall, Collective Defiance, Crashing Footfalls
    I think your deck is just better than mine against this field. We trade wins in the mirror though. 3-3

17. FTW: Leyline of the Void, Badlands, Bloodhall Ooze, Duress
    Renegade sits back forever to block. 2-2

6+4+1+2+3+3+4+2+4+6+1+0+2+0+3+2 = 43

I expected some Leyline, but not this many. I couldn't find a way to go off on turn 1 with Bombardment, so I settled for Defiance. Seems like Crashing Footfalls was the better 1-mana threat, though.
    Last edited by maxx!; 06-22-2021 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftyhomunculus View Post
    I think I actually only draw when you're OTD - Walker persists as a -1/2 and I can't attack through that, nor can I kill Young Wolf to make it a 2/2.

I would, however, have beaten a Memnite. ;)

Right

I corrected my results post accordingly.
    (including my discussion of Phyrexian Walker vs Memnite.)

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Disagreement here.

I just noticed the Collective Defiance decks can play around Leyline by slowing down 1 turn
    T1 Tinder Wall
    T2 Pay 1RR from land + Wall to cast Defiance without kicker.

Tylert OTP
    Reveal Leyline on turn 0
    T1 T: Mutavault, Chronomaton
    T1 G: Tinder Wall go

T2 T: Port. Port every turn to prevent Defiance killing Chrono, but then there's no mana for Mutavault attack or to grow Chrono. 1/1 Chrono can't attack through 0/3 Wall.
    Draw

Tylert OTD
    Same thing except Rhinos get suspended turn 1, Port must still stop Defiance, and then Rhinos win.

DL 1-4 (WD 4-1 for GoblinSmashmaster)

Still DD vs maxx! since Narnam Renegade is not as threatening as Rhinos.
    After thinking about it, I think it's WW for Goblinsmashmaster...
    He just needs to suspend rhinos T1 everytime.
    I can't grow chrono to a 5/5 before he has the mana to cast defiance anyway. So i will either loose my chrono to defiance or die by the rhinos because they are 4/4 to my 3/3 chrono.

OTP: T1 = muta, chrono C0. Forest rhinos R4.
    T2 = C1. Wall, R3.
    T3 = C2. Collective defiance kills chrono.

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post

I expected some Leyline, but not this many. I couldn't find a way to go off on turn 1 with Bombardment, so I settled for Defiance. Seems like Crashing Footfalls was the better 1-mana threat, though.
    T1 win with bombardment = Taiga, tinder wall, rakdos cackler, goblin bombardment.
    Looses miserably to Leyline of the void :)

I don't understand why we draw.

OTP:
    T1 = Muta, Chrono C0. Suspend Rhino R4
    T2 = C1. R3
    T3 = C2. R2
    T4 = C3. R1
    T5 = Nothing. Cast rhinos, I have a 5/5 you can attack but you'll loose anyway. if you don't attack I grow chrono to 20 with double blocker.

OTD:
    T1 = Suspend Rhino R4. Muta, chrono C0
    T2 = R3. C1
    T3 = R2. C2
    T4 = R1. C3
    T5 = cast rhinos attack (20-12).
    T6 = If you attack i block and grow (20-8).
    T7 = You can't attack anymore I wait until I have a 20/20 and attack with mutavault backup for the win.

Can you explain your line?

EDIT: Had not seen that collective defiance could kill chrono.
    I can port to draw OTP. OTD, I can't.

1-4.
    And when you are OTP if you tap its Land to avoid him to cast something Chrono Will never go through its wall so DD

10. RoosterCocoa: Subterranean Hangar, Phyrexian Obliterator, Faerie Macabre, Murderous Rider

1. Asthereal (TO): Plains, Mishra's Factory, Giant Killer, Swords to Plowshares
    Not really sure here so I'll go with what Asthereal concluded. WW

Macabre means you can't combo, so you try creature beatdown. I play Murderous Rider on turn 5, which is soon enough to stabilize and eventually win by playing Obliterator. WW

Macabre means you can't execute your combo. Your non-combo clock is slow enough that I can Swift End your Ravager and stabilize with Murderous Rider. WW

4. alphastryk: Leyline of the Void, Unmask, Subterranean Hangar, Shriekmaw
    Unmask takes one of my threats, but Shriekmaw can't kill any of my creatures and can't beat them in combat so I win. WW

5. dte: Tarnished citadel, Death's shadow, Tinder Wall, Lodestone golem
    You never can play Lodestone while I have Macabre in hand, so OTD you play Tinder Wall and I wait and play Obliterator on my turn 6. You play Death's Shadow on your turn 8. If you attack me with it while Obliterator can block you lose all of your permanents and I use Macabre to exile Timber Wall. Attacking again with the persisted Shadow just kills it and lets me win. Therefore, you don't attack with Shadow in the first place and wait. This lets me build up as many storage counters as I want on Hangar. Once I have built up an arbitrarily large number of counters, I Swift End the Shadow, play Murderous Rider, and attack each turn with Obliterator. You lose your board if you block with Shadow so you don't, and blocking with Tinder Wall just buys you an extra turn since I exile it with Macabre. Meanwhile, you can't race me with Shadow because I can chump block with Murderous Rider, put it back in my deck, and Swift End the Shadow on my next turn. I think this covers all possibilities, so I win. OTP it is the same but better for me. WW

6. Phasmoid: Phyrexian Walker, Swamp, Culling the Weak, Mana Skimmer
    I can't do anything before you hit me with Skimmer. LL

Macabre on Wolf when it dies means you can't combo, so you try creature beatdown. I play Murderous Rider on turn 5, which is soon enough to stabilize and eventually win by playing Obliterator. WW

I can Swift End Chronomaton, then I win if you try to kill me with Mutavault so you port me every turn and I can't play anything. DD

9. shiftyhomunculus: Tropical Island, Young Wolf, Daze, Nature's Claim
    I can Swift End your Young Wolf with enough mana to pay for Daze before I die and use my Faerie to exile it from the graveyard before winning eventually. WW

11. maxx!: Forest, Tinder Wall, Narnam Renegade, Collective Defiance
    I can't do anything before you make me discard my hand. LL

12. mattamort: Leyline of the void, Unmask, Peat bog, Bitterblossom
    Serguei's logic for this matchup is probably correct. LL

13. Serguei: Peat Bog;BitterBlossom;Unmask;Surgical extraction
    Serguei's logic for this matchup is probably correct. LL

14. PJim: Leyline of the Void, Maze of Ith, Icatian Store, Karn Liberated
    I think neither of us can win because I can't play my creatures fast enough to threaten Karn through the Maze of Ith, so I have to hold up Swift End to deal with it. However, you can just exile my land with your one Karn ability before it dies, which leaves me with one creature and you with Maze, so we draw. DD

15. silkster: Tinder Farm, Narnam Renegade, Goblin Bombardment, Leyline of Sanctity
    Macabre mean you can't combo, so you try creature beatdown. I play Murderous Rider on turn 5, which is soon enough to stabilize and eventually win by playing Obliterator. WW

I can't do anything before you make me discard my hand. LL

17. FTW: Leyline of the Void, Badlands, Bloodhall Ooze, Duress
    Swift End is fast enough to kill the Ooze both on the play and the draw, WW.

18W 4D 10L = 58

I had no idea what would be played this week other than combo. Once I noticed that Faerie Macabre worked vs non-discard combo decks, I decided to play a grindy deck and hope people would be on decks that used things like Unmask. I spent most of my time debating Unmask vs Obliterator, and am still unsure which was correct.
    Last edited by RoosterCocoa; 06-17-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath of Pie View Post
    I can Faerie Macabre in response to the Persist and Undying triggers when Young Wolf hits the graveyard to exile it, so you can't combo kill me and I think I can stabilize soon enough to win here since you are only attacking for 3 each turn.

Sep 2011

After thinking about it, I think it's WW for Goblinsmashmaster...
    He just needs to suspend rhinos T1 everytime.
    I can't grow chrono to a 5/5 before he has the mana to cast defiance anyway. So i will either loose my chrono to defiance or die by the rhinos because they are 4/4 to my 3/3 chrono.

OTP: T1 = muta, chrono C0. Forest rhinos R4.
    T2 = C1. Wall, R3.
    T3 = C2. Collective defiance kills chrono.
    Good point. You can get Chrono up to 2/2, but then you still need to Port every turn to stop Defiance and then 2/2 Chrono is too small.

T1 win with bombardment = Taiga, tinder wall, rakdos cackler, goblin bombardment.
    Looses miserably to Leyline of the void :)
    Yeah, because of this I expected Rakdos Cackler more than Narnam Renegade, so I got surprised by deathtouch.

Or for someone to play the slower combo (no accel) Nature's Claim to kill Leyline, so I played Duress vs that.

Thread Information