Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Affinity Aggro 2021

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: Affinity Aggro 2021

Is Erayo a potential Sideboard plan? I'm thinking as a way to get the blue count higher whole also providing a soft lock alongside Ethersworn canonist. Aggro g1, prison g2 but leaving in Cannoneer to still close games fast.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

4 Spire of Industry
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Ancient Den
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Mishra’s Factory

4 Memnite
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Arcbound Worker
    4 Frogmite
    4 Thought Monitor
    4 Sojourner’s Companion

4 Michiko’s Reign of Truth
    4 Cranial Plating
    1 Nettlecyst

3 Springleaf Drum
    4 Thoughtcast

My son went 3-1 at a local event with the above list. He didn't use the sideboard much except for 2 Tormod's Crypt and 2 Nether Spellbomb, so we will adjust for the future. He beat UR Delver, Dredge (me), and another list. He lost to HelmLine in his last match due to Karn, the Great Creator.

Edit: The main deck costs less than $70 according to mtggoldfish (and 15 tix on mtgo), so this is slightly cheaper than Manaless Dredge in paper and slightly more expensive on mtgo (excluding sideboards).

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Excellent! I feel that the core of 8cast aggro is pretty competitive. I am still tweaking on occasion. My next test is Lotus Petal over Springleaf drum. Drum feeds Affinity and plating, petal allows for more explosive starts. I am also trying 2x Ethersworn Sphinx over 2x myr enforcer, it's a blue card for sideboard forces and it always cascades into something useful, occasionally Monitor or Thoughtcast to really take off.

My current list:

4x Ornithopter
    4x memnite
    4x frogmite
    4x Sojourner's Companion
    4x thought monitor
    4x Kappa Cannoneer
    2x ethersworn Sphinx
    4x springleaf drum
    3x mox opal
    4x cranial plating
    4x thoughtcast
    1x cursed Scroll
    1x Aether spellbomb
    2x welding jar

4x seat of the synod
    4x ancient den
    4x darksteel citadel
    3x Urza's Saga

Sideboard
    4x force of will
    2x force of negation
    1x hurkyl's recall
    1x reality Heist
    1x pithing needle
    1x grafdigger's cage
    1x tormod's crypt
    1x soul guide lantern
    3x swords to plowshares
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thoughts on cutting Urza's Saga for 16 artifact lands and speeding up a turn? I'm focusing on U/B/W for Ethersworn Canonist and having my whole hand on the board by T2.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    having my whole hand on the board by T2.
    Is that a strategy you want in a meta of Meltdown, Serenity, Energy Flux and friends? Artifact hate is at an all-time high.

The successful artifact decks use a lot of draw effects to refill the hand, instead of dumping their hand on the board as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Is that a strategy you want in a meta of Meltdown, Serenity, Energy Flux and friends? Artifact hate is at an all-time high.

The successful artifact decks use a lot of draw effects to refill the hand, instead of dumping their hand on the board as fast as possible.
    Nothing really changes with an extra artifact land drop other than the threat count and the consistency of Mox Opal, Affinity is easily hated out regardless.

Thread Information