Thread: Two Bridge From Below Questions

Two Bridge From Below Questions

Question 1: I have 2 Bridge From Below in my graveyard. My opponent Lightning Bolts his own creature to remove my Bridges in response to my Bridge triggers. If I discard another Bridge From Below before my Bridge triggers resolve do I get the tokens from the Bridge From Below triggers?

Question 2: Does Bridge From Below getting removed from the graveyard create a trigger?

Re: Two Bridge From Below Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Aus-Rotten View Post
    Question 1: I have 2 Bridge From Below in my graveyard. My opponent Lightning Bolts his own creature to remove my Bridges in response to my Bridge triggers. If I discard another Bridge From Below before my Bridge triggers resolve do I get the tokens from the Bridge From Below triggers?
    No. When a card uses its name in its text, it means only that card - not other cards with the same name.

Question 2: Does Bridge From Below getting removed from the graveyard create a trigger?
    I'm not sure what you mean. Bridge obviously has a trigger on it that exiles itself - like it says on the card - but it being exiled doesn't "create a trigger".
    Last edited by cdr; 01-03-2010 at 02:38 PM.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Mar 2006
    Amsterdam

I also have a question regarding Bridge from Below:
    My opponent has a creature in play, a Bridge from Below and a Cabal Therapy in his graveyard. I have a Mogg Fanatic in play. My opponent flashes back Cabal Therapy and as an additional cost he sacrifices his creature, the Bridge trigger goes on the stack, I respond to the trigger by sacrificing my Mogg Fanatic targetting my opponent. Does my opponent get a zombie token or not?

The rules text on Bridge from Below is so confusing to me.
    Team R&D

Bridge from Below has an intervening-if clause. If it isn't in the graveyard when its token trigger resolves, you don't get a token.

Bridge from Below BBB
    Enchantment
    Whenever a nontoken creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, if Bridge from Below is in your graveyard, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield.
    When a creature is put into an opponent's graveyard from the battlefield, if Bridge from Below is in your graveyard, exile Bridge from Below.
    603.4. A triggered ability may read "When/Whenever/At [trigger event], if [condition], [effect]." When the trigger event occurs, the ability checks whether the stated condition is true. The ability triggers only if it is; otherwise it does nothing. If the ability triggers, it checks the stated condition again as it resolves. If the condition isn't true at that time, the ability is removed from the stack and does nothing. Note that this mirrors the check for legal targets. This rule is referred to as the "intervening 'if' clause" rule. (The word "if" has only its normal English meaning anywhere else in the text of a card; this rule only applies to an "if" that immediately follows a trigger condition.)
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Team Nijmegen Failtrain Captain
    Nov 2009
    Nijmegen, Netherlands

The following happens:

he sacs a creature for cabal therapy: both spell and trigger enter the stack.
    The opponents sacs his goblin in response to deal you 1 point of damage.
    Triggers resolve, golbin hits the graveyard, removing the bridges, leaving no bridges from below.
    Now the bridge token triggers resolve, rechecking if bridge is in your graveyard, since it's not anymore you don't get any tokens.

Thread Information