Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: MTG Arena General Discussion

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Re: MTG Arena

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Holy f*^&, it's not just new set releases look at the size of the bloody change list for alchemied cards:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...anuary-27-2022

I'm certain all historic players will be delighted to see mini teferi back.
    "Strong and stable."
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

I'm just going to get blown out by some cars that works completely different and accept it

nevermind

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

When they actually roll-out the "true-to-tabletop" Eternal format they're promising in this latest announcement, I'll probably play again. If it supports Brawl/EDH. If not... ehhhh there better be a sick Kithkin deck in the format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

When they actually roll-out the "true-to-tabletop" Eternal format they're promising in this latest announcement, I'll probably play again. If it supports Brawl/EDH. If not... ehhhh there better be a sick Kithkin deck in the format
    Still wonder what the bleeping heck is that format supposed to be. Seriously doubt it will be pioneer, or any other MTGO format, with them punting MTGO cannot believe the contract would allow them to now go and create a competitor.

Pioneer

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

At the end of the day it's a f2p game and I don't own any of the shit in it, but I'll play it as long as it doesn't force me to keep up with Standard because that implies either a grind that I don't have time for or an expense I can't justify. For me to give a shit they must provide *some* format where my wildcard decisions aren't throttled by rotations. I honestly don't care which format it is. It can be a brand-new exclusive to Arena format, I don't give a fuck. It just needs to play like paper Magic and never rotate. It could be "Historic without the cards that don't exist IRL", that would be fine too. They could roll out format staples from Pioneer/Modern/Rainbow Stairwell/Legacy/etc in supplementary sets at any time. I don't care.

They could roll out format staples from Pioneer/Modern/Rainbow Stairwell/Legacy/etc in supplementary sets at any time. I don't care.
    I raise your Rainbow Stairwell with Tribal Wars.

Still wonder what the bleeping heck is that format supposed to be. Seriously doubt it will be pioneer, or any other MTGO format, with them punting MTGO cannot believe the contract would allow them to now go and create a competitor.
    I find it rather dubious for a variety of reasons. First, doubt they would cut a deal that allows third parties to dictate their format decisions. Second, doubt the other company would even want to have such control being that they lack expertise in that regard. Third, even if the first two points are false, I doubt they would care about a dead format like Pioneer anyway.

I read somewhere else that Arena is missing only about 60-ish cards from Pioneer staples. If that's the case, then it would be incredibly easy for them to get the meta on Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    I find it rather dubious for a variety of reasons. First, doubt they would cut a deal that allows third parties to dictate their format decisions. Second, doubt the other company would even want to have such control being that they lack expertise in that regard. Third, even if the first two points are false, I doubt they would care about a dead format like Pioneer anyway.

I read somewhere else that Arena is missing only about 60-ish cards from Pioneer staples. If that's the case, then it would be incredibly easy for them to get the meta on Arena.
    Just saying that because hasbro has previous released ip on licence but kept a side of it, in that instance they kept all digital rights to the ip. Funnily enough, the company that got the paper did not care about the digital, back then, fast forward to this age and they got snookered in their intent to even release a digital rulebook, even that turned into a major production.

... It could be "Historic without the cards that don't exist IRL", that would be fine too. ...
    They ruled that out.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

They ruled that out.
    I still don't care

Also it was stupid to rule that out

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

So, we had a request for an Arena section and so it shall be: MTG Arena discussion.

For now, I will leave this topic here so people can see this. In a while (I guess a week or so) I'll move this topic there. Feel free to create threads there for any of the Arena things you want to talk about (formats, issues, whatever). If anyone has something they'd like pinned there or locked, just let me know.

Any further concerns, just message me.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Re: MTG Arena General Discussion

Alchemy, a success story, ep 234:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...e_has_made_it/

Re: MTG Arena General Discussion

That's good

Thread Information