Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: !!!-TIER LEGACY DECK PRICES // APRIL 2012-!!! (Also a bit of a metagame overview)

Re: !!!-TIER LEGACY DECK PRICES // APRIL 2012-!!! (Also a bit of a metagame overview)

Quote Originally Posted by DrHealex View Post
    I would show this to people that want to get into Legacy.... but with it being based on SCG pricing, it would send them running -_-

Perhaps doing it on like the tcgplayer low/med/high scale would make it less frightening...

Good work nonetheless.
    I bet even the price of the burn deck or a dredge deck would send some players running.

"Wtf, $200 to play yer card game? LOL fuck that gonna go drink now".

ad nauseam blind
    Jun 2011
    circles within circles

Re: !!!-TIER LEGACY DECK PRICES // APRIL 2012-!!! (Also a bit of a metagame overview)

Man dont let my wife see what our decks cost me! Thanks for your efforts brother. I gotta say though ive built all my decks for roughly half those prices over the last few years, trades not included.

Kicker of Elves
    Jul 2008
    Kingston Ont. Canada

That's a lot of leg work on your part thank you for putting that together, I enjoyed the read but it reminded me that I am still down 3 Volcanics and 3 Trops and that makes me a sad panda.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Dredge is like a woman's period: Once a week every month, its fury engulfs everything, and then it hides for the rest of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
    Should rename this thread to [SCD] Misguided Rage.

Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure tcgplayer already does this.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/legacy_deck_hq.asp

Dec 2011
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by testing32 View Post
    Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure tcgplayer already does this.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/legacy_deck_hq.asp
    Holy cow that link is awesome, thank you >^,^< I'm gonna put that in the main post if that's ok, people like to shop around and it helps solve that problem

EDIT-Actually I'm going to do that, and I'm going to implement that "range" total into the main post for each deck, that finally gives me a way to post the "lower end" of the prices without doing another week's + worth of work, thank you.
    Last edited by feline; 08-12-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: It happens >^,^<
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Quote Originally Posted by feline View Post
    Holy cow that link is awesome, thank you >^,^< I'm gonna put that in the main post if that's ok, people like to shop around and it helps solve that problem

EDIT-Actually I'm going to do that, and I'm going to implement that "range" total into the main post for each deck, that finally gives me a way to post the "lower end" of the prices without doing another week's + worth of work, thank you
    Np man, glad I could help.

TL;DR

Btw Feline, help me make a 5 color 42 Land deck.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

What? no foil prices? I mean seriously, if you're gonna play Legacy, pimp that shit out.

J/king. Great work bud.

Sep 2009
    Michigan, US

One thing I have noticed is that you can do all of this a LOT cheaper if you are willing to do a number of things:
    • Trade locally
    • Trade online
    • Compare prices, including ebay.
    • Be patient.

I recently moved from a UBr storm list that featured a single sea and a single volcanic (and no Grims) to UW CounterTop entirely via trading out that deck, and a few ~$10 cards I had lying around.

As a minor quibble, the $ sign should be before the dollar amount.

EDIT-Actually I'm going to do that, and I'm going to implement that "range" total into the main post for each deck, that finally gives me a way to post the "lower end" of the prices without doing another week's + worth of work, thank you
    Truth be told, you can probably buy all the cards for a deck for less than even the "low" range if you're willing to hunt around enough. For example, my deck is listed as having a "low" of about $700 (high of $1,200) but when I tallied up how much it actually cost it was still a bit less than even that.

Dec 2011
    USA

Yea as far as trading goes, I had a "blargh" fnm night as far as matches / games / mullingans / luck / draws go, but my trade made it all worth it. I was at the point to where I was about to just sell my unhinged lands to a big card shop cause noone ever wanted them, then tonight I turned 11 unhinged forests, 7 unhinged plains, 8 innistrad packs, 2 stomping ground & 1 steam vent into a candelabra of tawnos, I had 3 candels for the obvious one and only deck they would go in, but I never got the 4th, and no the deck im refering to is NOT type 1.5 12 post >^,^< lol.
    Last edited by feline; 08-12-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Dec 2011
    USA

If I wanted to update this list, more specifically, I'd also want to update the name of the thread itself, since it'd be accurate since June, not April, does anyone know how to change the name of a thread? I have looked over the forum actions and even went to my profile page and I can't seem to figure it out, either cause I am unskilled in this area, or it's just not an option, and if you can't change the name of a thread, well I haven't been able to confirm that either.
    Last edited by feline; 08-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Cobra Kai Sensie
    Oct 2004

If I wanted to update this list, more specifically, I'd also want to update the name of the thread itself, since it'd be accurate since June, not April, does anyone know how to change the name of a thread? I have looked over the forum actions and even went to my profile page and I can't seem to figure it out, either cause I am unskilled in this area, or it's just not an option, and if you can't change the name of a thread, well I haven't been able to confirm that either.
    Just make a new thread and for fucks sake don't use SCG prices. If anyone you know is paying a dollar for lightning bolts, 110 on volcanics, 120 on trops and $70 for Force of Wills please forward me their contact information so that I can severely lighten their wallet.

You are going to scare off all the new players. People only pay these prices on site or maybe for the last handful of cards they need to play a given deck on a time limit. No one should ever pay these prices for the entire deck, that is just insane. Under the SCG price guide my mono-red Standard deck is probably worth $300. I'd suggest MOTL or TCGPlayer High/Mid/Low.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

Sweep the leg!

Dec 2011
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by dontbiteitholmes View Post
    Just make a new thread and for fucks sake don't use SCG prices. If anyone you know is paying a dollar for lightning bolts, 110 on volcanics, 120 on trops and $70 for Force of Wills please forward me their contact information so that I can severely lighten their wallet.

You are going to scare off all the new players. People only pay these prices on site or maybe for the last handful of cards they need to play a given deck on a time limit. No one should ever pay these prices for the entire deck, that is just insane. Under the SCG price guide my mono-red Standard deck is probably worth $300. I'd suggest MOTL or TCGPlayer High/Mid/Low.
    Next to each total is a Range, that range, is from the High/Mid/Low from tcg player. >^,^<
    Last edited by feline; 08-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Thread Information