Thread: Pirates!

Pirates!

A long time ago I had a friend who had a deck using pirates for CA, Parallax Tide + Ankh of Mishra as a wincon and it had a lockdown theme, it was awesome. Anyways, I`m trying to revive that deck, and I`d appreciate help. Ah, and I need to stay on a budget. So, here`s the deck:

Dude, Pirates

// Lands
    22 [PT] Island (3)

// Creatures
    4 [MM] Rishadan Cutpurse
    4 [MM] Rishadan Footpad

// Spells
    3 [CHK] Eye of Nowhere
    3 [DS] Trinisphere
    4 [5E] Ankh of Mishra
    4 [MM] Hoodwink
    4 [9E] Boomerang
    4 [SC] Stifle
    4 [NE] Daze
    4 [NE] Parallax Tide

Btw, Stifle + Parallax Tide = assrape. The bounce is there for their lands and/or threats, really giving you a nice tempo for the lock. Any ideas?

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

Re: Pirates!

Some suggestions:
    Isochron Scepter, Wasteland, Winter's Chill, Momentary Blink, Aethersnipe, Fade Away, Propaganda, Amnesia, Excavation, Mana Vortex, Mystic Remora, Capsize, Words of Wind, Temporal Adept, merfolk looter, Jace Beleren, some form of permanent mana acceleration, Gemstone caverns, Mikokoro, Center of the Sea, Plow Under.

Edit: Also Flash Flood.
    Last edited by DrJones; 07-04-2009 at 05:43 PM.

There was already a topic about this deck here; maybe you can keep the discussion there.

Wow, 2006. Ah, if I could I`d like to keep the discussion in this thread. Anyways, Flash Flood seems like an awesome answer against red decks, and Ninja of the Deep Hours should also be considered. Ah, imprinting a boomerang on a scepter should be really awesome, but I don`t really know what to cut. Maybe bounces?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    Wow, 2006. Ah, if I could I`d like to keep the discussion in this thread. Anyways, Flash Flood seems like an awesome answer against red decks, and Ninja of the Deep Hours should also be considered. Ah, imprinting a boomerang on a scepter should be really awesome, but I don`t really know what to cut. Maybe bounces?
    I'm also really curious.

Here are a few budget-friendly modifications to your deck that may help improve its performance:

• Cut down on the number of Islands: 20 is a good number to aim for, as having too many can make your draws inconsistent.
    • Consider adding some additional mana acceleration: cards like Mox Diamond or Lotus Petal can help you get your lock pieces into play faster.
    • Consider adding more disruption: cards like Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance, or Phyrexian Revoker can help you slow down your opponent's strategy.
    • Add some ways to draw cards: cards like Ponder, Brainstorm, or Jace, the Mind Sculptor (if you're willing to stretch your budget a bit) can help you find your lock pieces more consistently.
    • Consider

adding some win conditions: cards like Jace, the Mind Sculptor, Chandra, Torch of Defiance, or Chandra, Pyromaster can help you close out games more quickly.

I hope these suggestions help improve your deck!

Thread Information