Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: D&D (Maybe Better Off) Forgotten Realms Previews

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Re: D&D (Maybe Better Off) Forgotten Realms Previews

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    There might be some shenanigans with stuff like Mutavault/Changeling creatures. Your Sigarda, if you have the mana, is an ideal target as well since she's hexproof herself and prevents sac effects.
    Clear Eyes Full Hearts Cant Lose

4 Esper Sentinel
    4 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
    2 Serra Avenger
    1 Solitude
    1 Universal Automaton

4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Orim's Chant
    1 Abeyance

4 Exalted Deed
    4 Isochron's Scepter
    4 Enlightened Tutor
    2 Mox Diamond
    1 Pithing Needle

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Mutavault
    1 Ancient Den
    11 Plains
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    You sir are a ninja of fine quality.

May 2015
    PDX

I like how Paladin goes right into Infect to undermine the creature type change.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I like how Paladin goes right into Infect to undermine the creature type change.
    What, you never went east or west?

Aug 2015
    The woods again

And now there's an enchantment subtype that totally could and should just be "aura."

*eats desk*

Worst set I've ever seen.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    And now there's an enchantment subtype that totally could and should just be "aura."

*eats desk*

Worst set I've ever seen.
    If a class should be an aura then nearly all enchantments should be auras.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Being an artifact land makes this rather interesting.

May 2015
    PDX

Someone at WotC needs to explain why Fury doesn't have Flash but Mind Rot now also mills 2 and causes 2 life loss.

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Fighter Class tutors an equipment to hand, probably the most playable one. It's not quite Stoneforge Mystic tho.

So about the dice mechanic... 1-9, and then 10-20? Thats close enough to 50/50. So 19 times out of 20 its basically the coin flip mechanic, and thats only the cards that have 3 different roll possibilities. Even stranger to me is we already see two non-legendary Krark's Thumb esque effects ie. Pixie Guide, and Barbarian Class.

I like Grim Wanderer, the 1B 5/3 Flash... 2 drop suggests Aether Vial. Its also a Goblin.. but I doubt it will see play there either. At first glance, it seemed like a purely suicide black card, Cabal Therapy. Why play this over other 2 drops? It has Flash is incredible actually. EOT, play a low cmc removal spell, then flash that in. The condition works if the opponents creatures die. The question is.. does the condition push it out of playable.

Wish is better than playable. Probably the best tutor we've gotten in a while. I like that I can play the card from outside the game rather than it goes to hand. Wish for Ad Nauseam, then Infernal Tutor for LED without losing the card.

Grief and Fury are really great. Ive been trying to build something that uses them with Burnt Offering since you can sacrifice them in response to the ETB trigger. 4 mana is on par with Culling the Weak, and 5 is even better, gets to just enough mana for Reforge the Soul. Mausoleum Secrets is another one to look at. Entomb gets to just enough to look for Reanimate or Dark Ritual, and cycling a Street Wraith is +1 creature as well.

Xorn is basically a doubler for Treasure storm. Seems a bit slow tho.

I'm sort of bummed that Dark Elf didn't get its own creature type with a Faerie Fire mechanic, ie. that pink flame that lights up the creature in the underdark so its a target. Still hoping we get a playable Entreri and/or Jarlaxel.

Mox Amber works with Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar.

Valentin, Dean of the Vein is a new one as a 1 drop black creature, tho not nearly as exciting.
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Mar 2007

With something like Aluren, you can infinitely venture into the other two dungeons.

The Dark Pool step should drain your opponent dead before you deck yourself. Although a win via Thassa's Oracle would also be possible while you draw your deck as a back-up plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Someone at WotC needs to explain why Fury doesn't have Flash but Mind Rot now also mills 2 and causes 2 life loss.
    Mind rot is unplayable in everything but slow limited formats, while pyrokenesis is great?

With something like Aluren, you can infinitely venture into the other two dungeons.

The Dark Pool step should drain your opponent dead before you deck yourself. Although a win via Thassa's Oracle would also be possible while you draw your deck as a back-up plan.
    The mad mage dungeon let's you draw the more conventional wincon. Or just make a ton of skeletons.

Karn-fetchable mass removal.
    A bit late to the party, but this is very interesting for me.

This takes Aluren down to a 2 card combo. That's the most compact it's ever been. Could very well be good enough as a deck again considering you're in B/G and can just run the rest with disruption. Maybe add blue for counters or something. Or white with Deafening Silence since it doesn't count creatures and means you only ever have to stop one spell to go off uninterrupted.

Stay blue and run rooftop storm as alluren 5-8, lol

Mar 2007

That costs 6 mana, though.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    This takes Aluren down to a 2 card combo. That's the most compact it's ever been. Could very well be good enough as a deck again considering you're in B/G and can just run the rest with disruption. Maybe add blue for counters or something. Or white with Deafening Silence since it doesn't count creatures and means you only ever have to stop one spell to go off uninterrupted.
    The zombie dies to instant speed removal, disrupting the combo. Having Harpy as back-up is probably necessary.

Seems like decent value for all sol_lands.dec

For full Jank, there's probably a version with Heartless Summoning and dungeon of the mad mage to dig for fast mana.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post

Seems like decent value for all sol_lands.dec
    It seems decent, but the high amount of life loss seems rather concerning.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

This looks like a very interesting set (in a vacuum, maybe) and the most refreshing thing is the flavor text. If they're able to fit some on these wall-of-text cards, they're not all just vapid quips. There are some legit old school fantasy friendly quotes. Bravo D&D team.
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    This looks like a very interesting set (in a vacuum, maybe) and the most refreshing thing is the flavor text. If they're able to fit some on these wall-of-text cards, they're not all just vapid quips. There are some legit old school fantasy friendly quotes. Bravo D&D team.
    The flavor words, imo, are a test run for when they do the LOTR and 40k sets

Thread Information