Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander 2019 Spoilers

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Commander 2019 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Last ones I bought was when they did the 4-colour commanders, but since my EDH friends have now moved to playing only in proxies so I never buy any cards these days.
    Well, even more absurdly, I buy all these, but I barely get to play Legacy once a month, and then I play EDH less than once every 3-4 months.

I'm addicted to collecting though...but with the prices on those 2016 ones, likely I never get them to have "all" of them.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Well, even more absurdly, I buy all these, but I barely get to play Legacy once a month, and then I play EDH less than once every 3-4 months.

I'm addicted to collecting though...but with the prices on those 2016 ones, likely I never get them to have "all" of them.
    This is why I've decided to collect only parts of magic that are affordable. Like just the Oversized cards from the Commander decks. Under five bucks and I can get the whole set every year. Shuffle them into your scheme deck for the ultimate Type 4 Madness!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    This is why I've decided to collect only parts of magic that are affordable. Like just the Oversized cards from the Commander decks. Under five bucks and I can get the whole set every year. Shuffle them into your scheme deck for the ultimate Type 4 Madness!
    I never personally liked Type 4. But how does one use Schemes in Type 4, or am I misunderstanding what Type 4 is here?

Honestly, I had a "Type 5" pile, that I made when I took my Cube apart since it was rarely ever played. Type 5 is something from the old TMD days, where rather than unlimited mana, you play spells as "Lands" that tap for their Mana Cost. There are no actual Lands in the pile. It's actually pretty neat, games are fast, swingy, and absurd without being totally off the rails (to me).

I never personally liked Type 4. But how does one use Schemes in Type 4, or am I misunderstanding what Type 4 is here?

Honestly, I had a "Type 5" pile, that I made when I took my Cube apart since it was rarely ever played. Type 5 is something from the old TMD days, where rather than unlimited mana, you play spells as "Lands" that tap for their Mana Cost. There are no actual Lands in the pile. It's actually pretty neat, games are fast, swingy, and absurd without being totally off the rails (to me).
    Play them as sorceries. Ongoing as enchantments.

I play Legacy about 4 times a year at the moment but will buy cards for my legacy deck (though it's usually cheap stuff from new sets). Play EDH pretty much every weekend but never buy cards for it. Funny how it goes.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Play them as sorceries. Ongoing as enchantments.
    Ah, ok. Neat. I have (I think) at least one of every Scheme. Also have the Planes for Planechase. 4 player EDH with Planechase using the "Planar Map" might well be the most fun way to play Magic to me. We once worked in Archenemy in there, but everyone quit when I had Welder, Sundering Titan (it was still legal back then), 3 extra turns queued up from Otaria, and something like 11 or 12 cards in hand from Your Puny Minds Cannot Fathom,

I mean, I don't blame them, I think my tree opponents collective had 4 permanents at that point...

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Ah, ok. Neat. I have (I think) at least one of every Scheme. Also have the Planes for Planechase. 4 player EDH with Planechase using the "Planar Map" might well be the most fun way to play Magic to me. We once worked in Archenemy in there, but everyone quit when I had Welder, Sundering Titan (it was still legal back then), 3 extra turns queued up from Otaria, and something like 11 or 12 cards in hand from Your Puny Minds Cannot Fathom,

I mean, I don't blame them, I think my tree opponents collective had 4 permanents at that point...
    Planar Map is legit the most fun way to Planechase. If I could pick up a set of the planes for $40 bucks, I'd do so even though I rarely get to play anymore.

What do you do with all your Commander Pre-Cons? Leave them sealed? Or play with them without modifying? Otherwise, why not just buy the singles from them...

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Planar Map is legit the most fun way to Planechase. If I could pick up a set of the planes for $40 bucks, I'd do so even though I rarely get to play anymore.

What do you do with all your Commander Pre-Cons? Leave them sealed? Or play with them without modifying? Otherwise, why not just buy the singles from them...
    Yeah, I don't even remember last time I had the time to play Planechase. But I am glad I have all the Planes, that I bought fairly cheap when they first came out, since no one really cared about them then.

I just crack all my pre-cons and put them in 9-pocket pages, in binders, like every other "set." Could I buy just all the "new" cards as singles? Sure. Would it save me money? I guess, but probably not all that much, so I just spend the bit more and get all the reprints as well. Not to mention it's just easier to buy and easier to organize.

Plus, "completeness" really appeals to me, even if over 60% of the stuff I am unlikely to really ever need, especially since I usually try to focus on original printings, not reprints, where realistically feasible. In the old days though, I had numerous EDH decks ready to go, since we played often. Off the top of my head, I can recall having Rosheen, Damia, Shirei, Numot, Rhys, Teysa, Oros, Sedris and Zur all together at the same time. I might have even had over 10 at one point and none were really "suffering" in card choices to the others, so having a "deep" collection does really appeal to me. Even if it's only in "prospective" and not "actual" use.

Like I said though, I have a problem...

Previews start Thursday night, on the stream from Gencon, then will continue next week.
    It's Thursday! SPOIL THE CARDS, COWARDS!

It's Thursday! SPOIL THE CARDS, COWARDS!
    Impatient you vs. cowardly WotC nerds

I hear spoilers will start at 6 PM Eastern from the Gen Con Commander Panel.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Haven't seen it on here but I saw that some of the cards will have a new frame:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgfinance/...ine_alsobears/

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Haven't seen it on here but I saw that some of the cards will have a new frame:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mtgfinance/...ine_alsobears/
    Storybook mechanic or just a new frame on saga?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Storybook mechanic or just a new frame on saga?
    Likely a new mechanic. But this is really the wrong thread for all this, since it's for Throne of Eldraine, not C19.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Likely a new mechanic. But this is really the wrong thread for all this, since it's for Throne of Eldraine, not C19.
    oops!

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    oops!
    Not a big deal.

Live now on Twitch, in case anyone was not sure about the time.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

I screenshotted the f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ second two spoiled cards from the stream. More coming

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

That's actually the second two, but definitely the best ones so far.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

I think this is all that's been shown so far

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Is Ravager playable in Moon Stompy?

According to Wizards, this is a woman:

Edit: At least WotC corrected it swiftly.

Thread Information