Page 76 of 107 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2129

Thread: [Deck] UBGx Landstill

Re: [Deck] UBGx Landstill

Hey fellow sourcers. Do you think something among these lines might be playable again? :

4 Underground Sea
    3 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Mishra's Factory
    3 Wasteland
    1 Creeping Tar Pit

4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    2 Spell Snare
    2 Spell Pierce
    3 Counterspell
    2 Life from the Loam
    4 Standstill
    4 Jace the Mind-Sculptor
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    3 Pernicious Deed
    3 Innocent Blood
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Damnation

Board:
    3 Relic of Progenitus/ 4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Vendilion Clique
    4 Tarmogoyf/ Dark Confidant/ 2 Thrun, the last Troll
    2 Perish/ Discard?
    2 Flusterstorm/ Discard?
    1 Maelstrom Pulse

The Point is to have a good-very good Canadian MU (which happens to be the most played deck here around, and maybe aswell @ BoM) a good Miracle MU (with Deed + 4 Jace mainly) and a good shot @ beating Jund (the 2 Loams + Wastelands should hopefully handle Punishing Fire)

The deck is very slow, that's one reason why I think the Sideboard should contain creatures. Clique is an amazing tool vs Combo and Control, while Goyfs are good against Canadian/Burn/others or any other MU where the Opponent is Boarding out his removal!

What are your thoughts+ constructive criticism?

Dec 2010
    Prague

It is a shame nobody is interested in this deck - which I think is one of the strongest out there. It does not have any weak match - ups (I beat burn every single time)

my aproach is a little bit different:

2 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    3 Force of Will
    2 Disfigure
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Life from the Loam
    3 Standstill
    2 EE
    3 Lili
    3 Jace

1 Creeping Tar Pit
    2 Bayou
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Mishra’s Factory
    4 Wasteland
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacomb
    2 Místy Rainforest
    4 Underground Sea

Side:
    3 Tarmo
    2 Surgical
    2 Flusterstorm
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 E Plague
    1 Darkblast
    2 Deed

First I think Shaman is amazing. Second I want to play 2 Life from the Loam and 4 Wasteland. Third siding into bug aggro-control means many afterside games last like three minutes. Confidant is not worth it. I wanted 24 lands since we can not afford to run any basics. Furthermore it makes Standstill even better. EE is usually little bit faster then Deed.

Storm combo is sometimes a problem since they can wait with standstill for a good hand and then kill us with two therapies... Consider at least siding out Standstills. We struggle against Tombstalker as well.

Good luck! Any crticisms on my list welcomed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Koplinchen View Post
    It is a shame nobody is interested in this deck - which I think is one of the strongest out there. It does not have any weak match - ups (I beat burn every single time)

2 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    3 Force of Will
    2 Disfigure
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Life from the Loam
    3 Standstill
    2 EE
    3 Lili
    3 Jace

1 Creeping Tar Pit
    2 Bayou
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Mishra’s Factory
    4 Wasteland
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacomb
    2 Místy Rainforest
    4 Underground Sea

Side:
    3 Tarmo
    2 Surgical
    2 Flusterstorm
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 E Plague
    1 Darkblast
    2 Deed

First I think Shaman is amazing. Second I want to play 2 Life from the Loam and 4 Wasteland. Third siding into bug aggro-control means many afterside games last like three minutes. Confidant is not worth it. I wanted 24 lands since we can not afford to run any basics. Furthermore it makes Standstill even better. EE is usually little bit faster then Deed.

Storm combo is sometimes a problem since they can wait with standstill for a good hand and then kill us with two therapies... Consider at least siding out Standstills. We struggle against Tombstalker as well.

And you beat Burn how exactly?

Feb 2007
    San Diego

2 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    3 Force of Will
    2 Disfigure
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Life from the Loam
    3 Standstill
    2 EE
    3 Lili
    3 Jace

1 Creeping Tar Pit
    2 Bayou
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Mishra’s Factory
    4 Wasteland
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacomb
    2 Místy Rainforest
    4 Underground Sea

Side:
    3 Tarmo
    2 Surgical
    2 Flusterstorm
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 E Plague
    1 Darkblast
    2 Deed

I've never been a huge fan of darkblast, much more powerful options IMO, probably perish, or another EE. I would probably also skip plague. Other than that, I think I like the list. If you're having a tough time with big fliers like tombstalker, there's always gilded drake. It's not often but sometimes you start bouncing the drake with jace for further thievery, pretty hilarious.

Dec 2010
    Prague

Quote Originally Posted by th3 w1z4rd View Post
    And you beat Burn how exactly?
    You must understand that he has no answer for Tarmogoyf. The only way how to beat you is to be faster. You have shaman which needs to be killed, you have a ton of removal for his creatures, inc T1 Disfigure for his lackey - shaman fodder, you also have counterspells for his crucial spells - Pierce and Flusterstorm are very relevant here, goyf is at lest 4/5 if not more. Our deck is much more stable. Standstill goes out after sideboarding.

Dec 2010
    Prague

Quote Originally Posted by thefreakaccident View Post
    I've never been a huge fan of darkblast, much more powerful options IMO, probably perish, or another EE. I would probably also skip plague. Other than that, I think I like the list. If you're having a tough time with big fliers like tombstalker, there's always gilded drake. It's not often but sometimes you start bouncing the drake with jace for further thievery, pretty hilarious.
    I even droped Standstill at some point and replaced it with Baleful Strix, but Jund matchup (and a few more) got significantly worse. I like darkblast because it deals with Xantid Swarm, Confidant (multiple times), Grim, Delver, Clique and it wins goyf wars which is very relevant in sideboard games when they often have no real answer for your goyf other then their goyf.

We have a ton of Elves here in Prague and the Engeneered Plague is really great. Combined with Darklblast feels just great. Soul tokens, gobbos, humans and lately even wizards... (I would never play more than one though)

Gilded drake seems like a great idea :-)

You must understand that he has no answer for Tarmogoyf. The only way how to beat you is to be faster. You have shaman which needs to be killed, you have a ton of removal for his creatures, inc T1 Disfigure for his lackey - shaman fodder, you also have counterspells for his crucial spells - Pierce and Flusterstorm are very relevant here, goyf is at lest 4/5 if not more. Our deck is much more stable. Standstill goes out after sideboarding.
    BUG Landstill is more stable than a deck with all basics, um okay. Every card they play that isn't a land can kill you, unless their deck is sub-optimal. I mean counters only go so far when they can just sling burn at your face every turn. I've gotten Jace up to 13 counters against Burn and still lost to a final bolt. :(

Dec 2010
    Prague

Quote Originally Posted by th3 w1z4rd View Post
    BUG Landstill is more stable than a deck with all basics, um okay. Every card they play that isn't a land can kill you, unless their deck is sub-optimal. I mean counters only go so far when they can just sling burn at your face every turn. I've gotten Jace up to 13 counters against Burn and still lost to a final bolt. :(
    I do not say it is a good matchup - I only said I beat them 3 times in the tournament (2:0, 2:0, 2:1) and I think I will do it again next time. Stability does not mean that you draw lands or basic lands - it means that you have the right cards in the right time.

We will use all our tools - counters, liliana's +1 which might force them to FB even when they did not want to, jace obv, preassure.

If they are a little bit flooded we probably win. No, not every non-land card kills us - they have creatures, vortex (time walke - with decay)... So practicaly - it depends on a build, more creatures the better for us - after they killed our initial shaman and bolted us twice they have 19 spells of direct dmg (counting Fireblast and Price) with no library manipulation, 4 cards in hand and us having 12 life... Sounds good to me.

Have a nice day!

Apr 2013
    Lkpg Sweden

How have your experiences been in the UWR Delver matchup?
    Both with and without Geist and/or with and without Stoneforge?

Geist seems like we can just block with Mishra but 4 Swords and 4 Bolts is concerning.

Dec 2010
    Prague

Mishra, Snapcaster, double Shaman, CTP can block it. We usually have some counterspells, force and we definetly run liliana/Pernicious Deed/Engeneered Explosives.

They have 4 bolts, 3 swords.

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Think it might be time to bump this thread. With True-name Nemesis making waves, Innocent Blood and Pernicious Deed are starting to look like good cards to have in a deck. I might break this out for next week's local, since Ooze didn't work out too well for me last week.

Maybe something like this?

25 lands

2 Island
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Topical Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    1 Creeping Tar Pit

36 spells

4 Innocent Blood
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Pernicious Deed
    4 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    4 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Spell Snare
    4 Standstill

Sideboard (15)

4 Thoughtseize
    4 Surgical Extraction
    3 Flusterstorm
    2 Vendilion Clique
    1 Life from the Loam
    1 Krosan Grip

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by pandaman; 11-20-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Feb 2007
    San Diego

No love for standstill?

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by thefreakaccident View Post
    No love for standstill?
    Much love for Standstill. I may have ninja-edited my post on you, sorry mate!

Feb 2007
    San Diego

I've been wanting to fit veteran explorer in here. I don't want shaman b/c he does nothing when I kill him, and I like reusing my lands. Explorer is an excellent wall/accelerant that could potentially make the manlands stronger. Granted, it does nothing against Nemesis. My Nemesis!

I've been wanting to do the same with miracles, since they play lots of basics usually anyway.

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

So isn't this deck already prepared to fight the new rise of Uxx Midrange decks playing Nemesis? We have Deeds and Golgari Charm in sb… I think it's a good choice right now isn't it?
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Dec 2007
    Finland

It indeed is. I just went 5-0 on a local tourney with it, beating monoblack, Jund, BUG Delver, TES and Bant with it. I'll post my list after Finnish Legacy Championships next Saturday.

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastaboi View Post
    It indeed is. I just went 5-0 on a local tourney with it, beating monoblack, Jund, BUG Delver, TES and Bant with it. I'll post my list after Finnish Legacy Championships next Saturday.
    So why don't you just send it to me right now so I can play it tomorrow :D ?

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Sorry for double replying.

Yesterday I brought BUGStill to a 40ish players tournament going 4-1-1 in swiss and losing in top 8 to Miracles.
    The only round I lost in swiss was to Punishing Miracles so I'm starting to see something here… How is this matchup so bad? How can we make it better? The draw was against RUG just because I couldn't win in time g3.

The list:

3 Seas
    3 Trops
    1 Bayou
    7 BUG fetchlands
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    3 Waste
    4 Factories
    1 Tar Pit

4 Baleful Strix
    2 Snapcaster Mage

4 Fow
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Pierce
    2 Snare
    4 Standstill
    3 Decay
    3 Deeds
    1 Loam
    1 Disfigure
    1 Diabolic Edict
    1 Counterspell

3 Jace, tms
    1 Liliana

SB
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Vendilion
    1 Flusterstorm
    2 Golgari Charm
    3 Extirpate
    2 Perish

Manabase was a bit underwhelming sometimes, might want to rework it. Liliana is not the best thing ever but it's a versatile tool as deals with Nemesis while not being completely dead vs combo. The remaining is pretty much the stock list if you ask me, except a couple of slots devoted to fight Blade decks, Merfolks and TNN strategies, because I was fearing them as major contenders (and they should be, I don't know why people keep playing bad decks when you can play 4 TNN Merfolks or 4 TNN Stoneblade.) Whatever.

I remember vs ANT I wanted to experiment a bit during the 4th round... I lose g1 and I side out 3 Deeds 1 Loam 1 Diabolic edict, all the planes walkers and 1 Mishara's Factory and 1 Wasteland (-11) Siding in 3 Seize 3 Clique 2 Golgari Charm (gotta fight those Etw tokens somehow, and kills Xantid Swarm or Confidant much better than Deed here since Golgari can deal with EtW tokens dropped turn 1 before you die) 2 Extirpate and 1 Flusterstorm. Between the man lands and all the creatures I had g2 and g3 I could play as some sort of Bug Fish-esque abomination. This plan served me well as I won both g2 and g3.

Round 5 playing vs Deathblade, I win g1 on the back of Loam Waste (opponent scoops turn 4 if I recall correctly), but I couldn't tell if he was on Deathblade since I only saw 2 Seas. I lose g2 due to Nemesis… g3 outraced him thanks to V Clique taking his Nemesis at the end of his draw step. Clique was undoubtedly the all star of my sideboard all day, and confirmed what I knew already when I was playing Jace Landeed two years ago, Tarmogoyf can't take the slots of Clique in your sideboard because the disruption and information that Clique gives are invaluable… plus any combo and control deck just laughs at you 4/5 while Clique is a pain in the ass for them… for example again vs UBr Ant during turn 4 opponent has 3 lands out, plays Gitaxian Probe, plays Lotus Petal. Resp to Petal I Clique him seeing Dark Ritual and EtW, I obliviously take Etw; If I had Goyf I would have had a useless wall vs. his mini Etw and he would have won in 3 turns.

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by kiblast View Post
    So why don't you just send it to me right now so I can play it tomorrow :D ?
    Me too!! :D:D

2 Island
    1 Forest
    1 Swamp
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Underground Sea
    3 Mishra's Factory
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    3 Innocent Blood
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Force of Will
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    2 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Spell Snare
    4 Standstill
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Life from the Loam
    3 Tropical Island
    3 Counterbalance
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Vendilion Clique
    SB: 1 Krosan Grip
    SB: 1 Life from the Loam
    SB: 2 Virtue's Ruin
    SB: 3 Sadistic Sacrament
    SB: 2 Energy Flux
    SB: 1 Golgari Charm

This is my 75 of bug standstil. i add balance to stanstill control. maybe some problem with sb. but still workin on it. your opinion?

Thread Information