Page 234 of 343 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Pimpers gonna pimp I suppose. Also why people list game pieces more than other game pieces with the identical in-game function is beyond me as well. Heavily played cardz 4 lyfe!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    That also explains the price of Juzaam Jinn ;)

Joke aside, why do people list FOIL conspiracy brainstorms (common) for 50€ which is more than foils from mercadian Maske are??
    Foil masks brainstorms are under 50€?

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    That also explains the price of Juzaam Jinn ;)

Joke aside, why do people list FOIL conspiracy brainstorms (common) for 50€ which is more than foils from mercadian Maske are??
    Actually 50Eur is a fine price. Good luck finding a playset of foil MM Brainstorm for less than 300-320 euros. Nowadays the ugly FNM foils are 45 euros each.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Gatz View Post
    Foil masks brainstorms are under 50€?
    2 for about 46€ each crossed my path recently
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Site Contributor
    Aug 2010

Tcgplayer's median price is around 200$ and everything on mkm is at least 100€

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    It's not the same price as the Moxen. Except for Mox Sapphire ($1299.99 for NM), the Moxen are $999.99 for NM, $899.99 for SP, and $799.99 for MP. Tabernacle at NM is $799.99. I guess a Near Mint Tabernacle is the same price as a Moderately Played Mox, but I wouldn't call that as them pricing the same.

The price is kinda crazy, but it's not quite at Mox level.
    You are right. When I posted this they were not listed at $999. Anyway, that is an absurd price.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Jan 2010
    Germany

Foil MM Brainstorms actually are at 130,-€ on MCM right now. Thus 50,-€ - although totally absurd since inprint - is kind of a good deal if you want to go for foil non FNM Brainstorms. ;-)

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

SCG just announced that they're running Modern Premier IQs (5k price support, compared to their 10k each for Standard and Legacy) on their Sunday Opens alongside with their Legacy tournaments, starting July 19-20th. Legacy still remains the format they're covering.

Why I post this here? Because you bet your ass that prices for Modern staples are going ballistic even more now.

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    SCG just announced that they're running Modern Premier IQs (5k price support, compared to their 10k each for Standard and Legacy) on their Sunday Opens alongside with their Legacy tournaments, starting July 19-20th. Legacy still remains the format they're covering.

Why I post this here? Because you bet your ass that prices for Modern staples are going ballistic even more now.
    On one hand, I'm glad there will be more modern support out there as the format is more accessible to me budget wise. On the other, I'm upset because there's still quite a bit I don't have in terms of "staples", and the semi-frequent price swings are making it hard to complete my collection.

I'm also terrified that some component of my deck will wind up banned as I've already been burned once...but that's another issue.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

lol I'm reading people complaining how Tabernacle isn't a 4 of in the format, I wonder what this will do to goyf pricing...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I've had discussions with several people on MODO about the entire Vintage Masters thing. My thoughts on it:

- Port is the most expensive normal card on MODO now, with Wasteland being up there. I do expect promo reprints soon, maybe even one of those in July to keep attendance up to compensate for the colossal fuck-up that the switch to the Beta client is going to bring.
    - Why didn't VMA include Onslaught fetches? They aren't Modern-legal and were qualified for inclusion, yet they chose the crappy, Mirage ones instead. Pulling Dual + fetch is unlikely anyway since both are rare, and it didn't seem super-broken anyway. Maybe we're getting fetchland reprints with Khans already and Wizards was just trolling us?

Khans or M15 reprint for duals is the only thing that makes sense at this point. It's the same thing when Thoughtseize was left out of MMA.

So for the last month or so I've been trying to sell a few extra duals that have been sitting in my binder. I haven't resorted to ebay but have been using craigslist and MOTL to try and shift them. I've priced them pretty aggresively (adding between 5-10 bucks to what people are charging for damaged versions on TCG player) and I still have people trying to get a discount, some as much as 40% because they claim to be dealers. I've gotten all sorts of excuses as to why they think they deserve to pay less, such as being afraid of the death of legacy and profit margins, but it's really starting to piss me off. Is it wrong to expect a fair price, based on current market values? Or am I just naïve? For reference, I'm trying to move a revised tundra (sp according to scg) and a revised trop (mp) for 145 and 130 respectively. This is by no means an attempt to solicit sales here, I just wanted to provide some context.

tl;dr: bitching about people trying to get discounts on already aggresively priced duals.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

People are stingy. And like to feel like they walked away with a deal. You should set your prices a little higher in anticipation of the counteroffer.

I had the same experience when I tried to move some cards. And I was mostly selling to brogrammers who make ~100k or whatever. Those were the stingiest of all. Just keep at it. It's a pressure game.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by kirkusjones View Post
    So for the last month or so I've been trying to sell a few extra duals that have been sitting in my binder. I haven't resorted to ebay but have been using craigslist and MOTL to try and shift them. I've priced them pretty aggresively (adding between 5-10 bucks to what people are charging for damaged versions on TCG player) and I still have people trying to get a discount, some as much as 40% because they claim to be dealers. I've gotten all sorts of excuses as to why they think they deserve to pay less, such as being afraid of the death of legacy and profit margins, but it's really starting to piss me off. Is it wrong to expect a fair price, based on current market values? Or am I just naïve? For reference, I'm trying to move a revised tundra (sp according to scg) and a revised trop (mp) for 145 and 130 respectively. This is by no means an attempt to solicit sales here, I just wanted to provide some context.

tl;dr: bitching about people trying to get discounts on already aggresively priced duals.
    It should not be that difficult to move your cards at that price to a player looking for them. In fact, my local store pays $145 for Tundra and for Trop at NM prices, so a 40% discount is ridiculous. Avoid any "dealers" who try to lowball you that much.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

I've been having noticeably more difficulty moving expensive Legacy cards. I mean, $145 for Tundra isn't an OMG SMOKING DEAL. Keep in mind that six months ago, TCG Mid for Tundra was $124. Three months ago it was $237. Now its $215.

The MTG Stocks graph for Tundra is really ugly; the gap between mid and low is almost $100, which, in my opinion, means that they're not moving.

From what I can see, tournaments and the format are getting bigger, while prices are dropping. A little bit of recoil from prices getting jacked up too high, but mostly ... China, my man, puttin' in work, printing those lovely sheets.

Site Contributor
    Feb 2011
    Vancouver

hands up if your LGS is looking to move ZEN fetches since the Khans info...
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I'm not saying sugarcoat the tournament scene, that's impossible, but for God's sake just act like a damned grown-up. Be polite, play fast-ish but allow for a little thought now and then, represent the rules to the best of your ability and be a good sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    WotC fucks up something computer related. Film @ 11.
    @warfordium on twitter.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by warfordium View Post
    hands up if your LGS is looking to move ZEN fetches since the Khans info...
    What Khans info?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Iguess that it is a wedge block?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information