Page 50 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2748

Thread: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

Sep 2014

Re: [Deck] MonoU OmniTell

The more I play this deck, the more I dont like Force Of Will. Pact is nice when going off. However there is alot of times where i have to play a 2 card combo and hope to draw the rest. Making Pact terrible.

Enviado desde mi LG-P710 mediante Tapatalk

Force is a necessary evil to give you game against other combo. If it weren't for that, I'd be frontloading 4 Defense Grid in the main over them, and add a 5th sol land. As far as Leyline goes, I can't imagine what would be better in those 3 slots. The only thing I was thinking of adding to my list for them was Research//Development, Eladamri's, and a 4th Grid, but I'd honestly rather have Leyline. After about 4 rounds of my first open with the deck, I knew that the card was absolutely necessary, in the same way that I believe 3 City of Traitors to be absolutely necessary. Its not exactly ideal, but it's the best card for the things we need it to do

Site Contributor
    Feb 2011
    Vancouver

came 3rd/4th in my local GPT for Jersey running the following:

8 Island
    8 U Fetches
    2 City of Traitors
    2 Ancient Tomb

4 Show and Tell
    4 Omniscience
    3 Enter the Infinite
    3 Cunning Wish
    3 Dream Halls
    2 Dig Through Time
    1 Emrakul, the Æons Torn

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    3 Preordain

4 Force of Will
    2 Spell Snare
    1 Swan Song
    1 Misdirection
    1 Pact of Negation

Sideboard:

3 Defense Grid
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Trickbind
    1 Polymorphist's Jest
    1 Noxious Revival
    1 Dig Through Time
    1 Intuition
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Misdirection
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Spell Snare
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Release the Ants

R1: W - 4c Delver (2-0)
    R2: W - Burn (2-0)
    R3: L - Junk Depths (1-2)
    R4: W - Burn (2-1)
    R5: ID
    T8: W - BUG Delver (2-1)
    T4: L - Maverick (1-2)

Put together Greg's list last week and took it to my local 2x in preparation for Saturday. Preferred Dig Through Time to the Treasure Cruise, and only failed to win once having cast DTT (which i did 4-5 times).

I dropped Probes and Spell Pierce from the main in favour of Spell Snare and a Misdirection. My metagame skews to a fair number of discard decks (and I don't play Leylines). Snare was excellent. I snagged Goyf, Hymn in T8. Eidolon against Burn a couple of times, and its nice to have against CB, Bob Meddling Mage, and more. Absolutely nobody played around it. The tournament was heavy with Burn (5/24) so the 2x Misdirection in the 75 was crucial.

Against Maverick I had the natural T2 on the draw after snaring Thalia in the game I won. My opponent put in Teeg off S&T when I had 2x Enter and Brainstorm in hand and Dream Halls in play. 4 looks, couldn't get there. It happens.

I played this deck a lot a couple of summers ago and got a little bit bored of it. It remains a powerful choice if tuned properly, and I strongly recommend the Spell Snares.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I'm not saying sugarcoat the tournament scene, that's impossible, but for God's sake just act like a damned grown-up. Be polite, play fast-ish but allow for a little thought now and then, represent the rules to the best of your ability and be a good sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    WotC fucks up something computer related. Film @ 11.
    @warfordium on twitter.

Jul 2014
    Philippines

hi guys! this is my list:

1 emrakul

4 fow
    3 pon
    3 spell p.
    4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    2 gitaxian p.
    2 preordain
    4 SnT
    4 omniscience
    3 dream h.
    3 cunning w.
    4 EtI

8 island
    6 blue fetch
    3 AT
    2 CoT
    (60mb)

4 LoS
    2 Pithing N.
    1 intuition
    1 wipeaway
    1 echoing truth
    1 trickbind
    1 slaughter p.
    2 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
    1 release the ants
    1 Polymorphist's Jest
    (15sb)

what do you think to my build?

Aug 2013
    Vancouver, BC

Got a heaping pile of practice last night with the list, and I've noticed the deck struggles with Gaddock Teeg and (especially) Meddling Mage. Because these two cards are quite popular in my meta, I've made the following changes.

That said, this deck is still an absolute monster, even when sitting across from one (or both) of the gruesome twosome. Dig Through Time is a house.

1x Emrakul

4x Show and Tell
    4x Omniscience
    3x Dream Halls
    3x Enter the Infinite

4x Ponder
    4x Preordain
    4x Brainstorm
    3x Cunning Wish
    3x Dig Through Time

4x Force of Will
    3x Pact of Negation

4x Flooded Strand
    3x Polluted Delta
    3x City of Traitors
    10x Island

SB:

3x Defense Grid
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Dig Through Time
    1x Intuition
    1x Rushing River
    1x Slaughter Pact
    1x Trickbind
    1x Pact of Negation
    1x Mindbreak Trap
    1x Release the Ants
    1x Polymorphist's Jest
    1x Eladamri's Call

Trap is mostly a nod to the Storm/Belcher players in the room. Could easily be replaced with something else, Wipe Away/Noxious Revival
    Cowboy Magic

Sep 2014

Record from a 21 man GPT
    Rd 1 BUG (w)
    Rd 2 Tin Fins (w)
    Rd 3 A weird Goblins/prison deck (w)
    Rd 4 Draw
    Rd 5 Esper Blade (L) Smashed actually.

Top 8
    Stoneblade (w)

Top 4
    Weird Goblin guy again (w)

Finals
    Esper Blade guy from rd 5 (L)

Emrakul main was real good all day.

Board was

4 Defense Grid
    2 Graffdigger's Cage
    2 Echoing Truth
    1 Rushing River
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Dig Through Time (card is the real deal)
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Trickbind

Looks a lil janky, I know haha. Actually wanted to play LOS some where in there, but nobody could lend them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Dittmar View Post
    Record from a 21 man GPT

Board was

4 Defense Grid
    2 Graffdigger's Cage
    2 Echoing Truth
    1 Rushing River
    1 Firemind's Foresight
    1 Dig Through Time (card is the real deal)
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Release the Ants
    1 Trickbind

Looks a lil janky, I know haha. Actually wanted to play LOS some where in there, but nobody could lend them to me.
    Do you feel you needed leyline to be able to beat Esper? Their targeted discard is soooooo good versus us. Even with Dig I don't think I could ever go below 4 sideboard leylines.

*Also, the weird goblins guy was probably playing mono red stompy http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Stompy/page79. Super fun deck. Can be good vs us if they land Chalice on 1 and a trinisphere.

Sep 2014

Im not really sure if they would have been good against Esper. I feel like boarding in 4 clunky cards is bad against spot discard. I was playing a black splash, that helped against control.

Beating 3 aspects of the game (discard/counters/card advantage) Is a real problem, for any Combo player. Of course there are those times where you just go of quick and win,but just doesn't work like that all the time.
    Not sure what the real answer is...
    Last edited by Curtis Dittmar; 10-22-2014 at 12:46 AM.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Though I only play this deck once in a while, I've sleeved it up for GPT season with some good success.

[MD]
    6 Island
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Omniscience
    3 Enter the Infinite
    3 Dream Halls
    3 Cunning Wish
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Preordain
    1 Intuition
    2 Dig Through Time
    4 Force of Will
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Pact of Negation

[SB]
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Noxious Revival
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Slaughter Pact
    1 Trickbind
    1 Intuition
    1 Wipe Away
    1 Rushing River
    1 Eladamri's Call
    1 Release the Ants

Obviously, DTT is amazing, adds consistency and can pull you out of card disadvantage. It is the whole reason I picked this up again. I feel it's consistent to the point of cutting FF package. I prefer fluster over, defense grids. Buying time and out muscling them a turn later feels much better than a clunky hate bear to me. Fluster is blue. Flusterstorm heavy is also strong against other combo and discard. For the same reasons, I'm staying with LLOS. There are 4 whole decks that it nulls, so I'll take it. 2 surgical + noxious is to have a little more help against reanimator, which should become more popular I expect.

I am confident that 2 DTT 1 intuition is the right mix MD. They always feel welcome at those rates.

Question is: How does one beat Elves? Reliably.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by TimHarding View Post
    Show and Tell is really good against Elves. You should be able to resolve it, drop in Omniscience, and combo -- or play a draw spell if you don't have the combo yet and string together the combo. The lists running more Emrakuls can do this more reliably. Lotus Petal would allow you to combo faster, and it's the main reason that Sneak and Show has such a better matchup against Elves (the other is Pyroclasm postboard). I would cut a Pact of Negation and two copies of Preordain if you want to skew your deck to have a better Elves matchup. I might also cut some number of Preordain and play Personal Tutor. Elves has no way of being faster than Show and Tell, so Elves needs to hope that the OmniTell player spends several turns fishing around with cantrips. Postboard Elves usually brings in six discard spells (meaning they will be slower), so your Leylines should come in.

Quote Originally Posted by TimHarding View Post
    I'm losing to elves due to two main reasons: keeping shitty hands during the testing or seeing Ruric Thar after s&t. Overall the matchup is quite easy so maybe you should practise it a bit more

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Jul 2013
    CT

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I'm losing to elves due to two main reasons: keeping shitty hands during the testing or seeing Ruric Thar after s&t. Overall the matchup is quite easy so maybe you should practise it a bit more
    Thanks!

Also really liking spell snare, as someone mentioned below.

Brisbane Legacy regular
    Jan 2009
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Mulliganing aggressively will fix the former. Ignoring the possibility of the latter will fix the latter - I understand they only run one Ruric Thar and no manipulation to find it, while we run 12 cantrips, two Dig Through Time, and one Intuition. If it happens, just chalk it up to variance and move on.

(This post is mostly for me to remind myself to do these things!)

Quote Originally Posted by pandaman View Post
    Mulliganing aggressively will fix the former. Ignoring the possibility of the latter will fix the latter - I understand they only run one Ruric Thar and no manipulation to find it, while we run 12 cantrips, two Dig Through Time, and one Intuition. If it happens, just chalk it up to variance and move on.

(This post is mostly for me to remind myself to do these things!)
    Once or twice resolved glimpse acts like a few cantrips

Edit: Anyone knows any interesting techs against delver bug (not shardless)? This cancer deck gives me a headache regularly....
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 10-22-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Once or twice resolved glimpse acts like a few cantrips

Edit: Anyone knows any interesting techs against delver bug (not shardless)? This cancer deck gives me a headache regularly....
    Leyline of Sanctity has always been fantastic against any deck with Hymn. Really, its a 50/50 matchup that depends almost entirely on what cards each player sees. Sometimes the delver player finds a stack of hymns and countermagic and blow us out, other times its us comboing on turn 2 with FoW backup. In my experience, boarding out Force helps a lot. Personally I'll bring in 3 Grid 3 Leyline for 4 Force 1 Top 1 Jace. But I play a much more aggressive list than most people

What is the general game plan against re-animator with the omniscience/dream halls build? Do you sit and counter things until you play dream halls or is there some combination of cunning wish/defensive spells that can make it safe to play show and tell?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfrosting View Post
    What is the general game plan against re-animator with the omniscience/dream halls build? Do you sit and counter things until you play dream halls or is there some combination of cunning wish/defensive spells that can make it safe to play show and tell?
    You lose. Its a 95/5 Matchup

Dec 2011
    USA

More of an information seeking question than anything else. I'm in the middle of some "Legacy homework" & I was wondering, what is the verdict for Omnitell about Dig through Time I am guessing it's the Treasure Cruise for some combo decks? I assume it's in Mono blue Omnitell in most lists?
    Primary legacy deck High Tide primer

Dig is solid, but it's by no means the end all be all. Probably the worst of the cantrips in the deck, at least in my testing.

Thread Information