Thread: [Lincoln, RI] 3/22 DHG March Buncha Duals! 4 Seas for 1st! Up to 20 Duals Prize!

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

[Lincoln, RI] 3/22 DHG March Buncha Duals! 4 Seas for 1st! Up to 20 Duals Prize!

DHG's March Buncha Duals!

101 Higginson Ave #111
    Lincoln, RI 02865
    (401) 312-3407
    DHGRI.com and Facebook.com/DHGRI

Format: Legacy (Competitive REL, Decklists required)
    Reg: Noon - 12:50, 1pm start
    Entry $25

Prizes:

1st = 4 Underground Sea
    2nd = 4 Tropical Island
    3rd = 2 Volcanic Island
    4th = 2 Tundra

Top 4 prizes based on 50 players
    At less than 50 players quantities prized can change

5th = 2 Scrubland
    6th = 2 Savannah
    7th = 2 Taiga
    8th = 2 Badlands

At less than 60, players 5th - 8th will receive store credit based on attendance.

Top 8 will use the modified play/draw rule. We reserve the right to time top 8.
    Side events all day including a free one to the first 8 players who drop for a foreign Plateau!
    Our last Buncha Duals was 80 players and we're listing more prizes this time around! Hope you'll join us for our next one on March 22nd!

- Dave
    Last edited by Dxfiler; 03-21-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Re: [Lincoln, RI] 3/22 DHG March Buncha Duals! 4 Seas for 1st! Up to 20 Duals Prize

I'll be there Dave.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Re: [Lincoln, RI] 3/22 DHG March Buncha Duals! 4 Seas for 1st! Up to 20 Duals Prize

As will I. I'll be going for the repeat. I just need to come up with a sweet brew first.

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Had my PTQ over the weekend. Alot of interest from attending players shown for this event.

Just added free side event to the first 8 players who drop for an Italian Plateau.

We're expecting a big turnout so please show early. Doors open at noon. I'd recommend showing by 12:30 in case there's a line. My store comfortably holds 100 and I don't anticipate turning anyone anyway, but to guarantee that don't show at 10 of and hope for the best :p

Really excited for this event. Hope you'll join us for our next Buncha Duals on March 1st.

- Dave

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Less than 2 weeks away! With Legacy booming in popularity and prices of duals exploding, we expect a big turnout and hope you'll be there with us!

Thank you as always for the support.

- Dave

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Just giving this a bump since it's two days away! I'm pumped I get to cast Brainstorm.
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Apr 2008
    Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut

Might be worth considering that x2 Volc can be worth more than x4 Trop based on current prices.

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Lee View Post
    Might be worth considering that x2 Volc can be worth more than x4 Trop based on current prices.
    I just checked Volcs and they certainly shot up (as did virtually every dual since I made this thread :p), but 4x Trop is still more than 2x Volc. The order of payouts is locked in but certainly there's nothing to stop people from top 4 splits :D

It goes without saying the value here is enormous for players. To be honest this is very likely my last Buncha Duals where the entry will be just $25, as duals have shot up in price more than ever making them harder for me to acquire reasonably and give away while still making some profit.

I expect a HUGE turnout tomorrow based on the interest I've received. My store comfortably can fit 100, but I can't/won't go over that for obvious reasons. I've never had to turn anyone away, but to ensure you get in I advise showing up no later than 12:45pm as we're going to start at 1pm. Calling me to tell me you're on the way will guarantee nothing, so please don't :p

I will be opening the doors at Noon tomorrow and away we go!

Sincerely looking forward to it!

- Dave

edit: swapped third and fourth place as volcs are worth more than tundras
    Last edited by Dxfiler; 03-21-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Mar 2014
    Boston

Bit new to the Boston area legacy scene but I'll be coming down there
    Playing some variety of delver.

got a crew comming down :)

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Top 8: 2 Elves, 2 Death & Taxes, UR Delver, Team America, UWr Miracles, Enchantress
    Team Hammafist
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

Mar 2014
    Boston

Thanks for running a great event. I was 6-0 in games... then not so much
    Playing some variety of delver.

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

2 Elves, Team America, and UWr Miracles top 4 split.
    Team Hammafist

Catcher of souls, hunter of spirits
    Jan 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA

Good to be back. Thanks for another well-run event Dave!

Apr 2008

Anyone know the name of the judge who judges these events? Amiable guy, kinda looks like Samwise Gamgee the hobbit?

Looking to give him the judge ruling for the Show & Tell -> Planeswalker put into play ruling that I've had him rule incorrectly two events in a row now.

http://apps.magicjudges.org/forum/topic/9028/

Has Toby Elliot confirm the [0] Ruling for this interaction.

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Tim something... what was the ruling exactly?
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by HammafistRoob View Post
    Tim something... what was the ruling exactly?
    He ruled that if Show & Tell resolves with AP putting in a creature/enchantment/artifact/land, and the NAP put in a Planeswalker, that the game gets rewound and the NAP gets to choose another eligible choice.

The ruling is they get nothing.

Dec 2013
    Malden, MA

Quote Originally Posted by J.V. View Post
    2 Elves, Team America, and UWr Miracles top 4 split.
    Were the decklists ever posted? I haven't seen them on mtgtop8, dhg fb page, or here.

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Quote Originally Posted by MegaManR View Post
    Were the decklists ever posted? I haven't seen them on mtgtop8, dhg fb page, or here.
    Decklists were not posted for this event. I will make sure for our Next Buncha Duals they will be posted.

Here's the link to our next event just announced for June 22nd!

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...389#post812389

Thread Information