Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

[DECK] Hedron Alignment Combo

Hedron Alignment
    Enchantment
    2U
    Hexproof

At the beginning of your upkeep, you may reveal your hand. If you do, you win the game if you own a card named Hedron Alignment in exile, in your hand, in your graveyard, and on the battlefield.

1U: Scry 1.

4 Hedron Alignment
    4 Intuition
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Force of Will
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    3 Preordain
    2 Flash of Insight

4 Lim-Dul's Vault

2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Coffin Purge
    2 Murderous Cut

1 Relic of Progenitus

4 Lotus Petal
    3 Underground Sea
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Flooded Strand
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Swamp
    4 Island

It's a start.
    This is the fun part, folks - coming up with the deck that makes this work or failing to do so. Plenty of potential combos have come and gone for this format over the years. Let's see if we can't get this one to market. There are only the four copies of Hedron Alignment that only function for the combo itself. Every other nonland card is devoted to making the combo work. Only storm decks can currently boast that kind of construction.

Ahh, Flash of Insight should be good.

So, the plan is to cast Hedron Alignment and then Intuition for the other three. At that point you should have a variety of ways to exile one for the win right there on your upkeep. With Lim-Dul's Vault you can safely cast Intuition before you have an Alignment because you can rifle through your deck to find the fourth.

Tasigur's Cruelty is probably a bad choice because the critical moment when you have to exile stuff is going to be on your upkeep in most cases. (Cruelty is a sorcery)
    Shrouded Lore is what you use if you had to exile Hedron Alignment to Force of Will before casting Intuition. I'm not sure it will be worth the effort, and I think this is a crappy method. Entomb is fine with this card, but I think Lim-Dul's Vault simply does a better job.
    Last edited by Finn; 01-18-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Re: [DECK] Hedron Alignment Combo

A few cards came to mind:

Infernal Tutor
    Entomb
    Lotus Petal

Its cool to see a new potential combo deck.

EDIT: jeez, does Doomsday work here? Complicated AF but maybe?
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Faerie Macabre in the place of Cruelty? It doesn't protect the combo in the same way Cruelty does, but it has decent utility and is harder to counter.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by kirkusjones View Post
    Faerie Macabre in the place of Cruelty? It doesn't protect the combo in the same way Cruelty does, but it has decent utility and is harder to counter.

Yup, that's good. I had already changed it to Coffin Purge (for Intuition interaction), but this is excellent. Thanks.

Remaining is a way to handle the scenario in which you are holding three copies of Alignment and the more likely case where you want to exile one for Force of Will. I have a terrible idea for both of these: Recall
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Graveyard is easily the hardest zone to get to stick. Luckily we dodge the incidental hate of DRS, but nearly every deck runs some sort of graveyard disruption. Cage is irrelevant, but Relics/Nihils/Crypts/RiPs can break us if they catch us with 2 in the bin.

It's possible to play a slower, more control style, with Foil, Misdirection, TFK, and LOTV as additional enablers that work once you get the copies in hand.

I have pretty much everything to build this. I may have to proxy up the rest and play a few test games. I haven't played legacy in a few years, but this deck idea definitely has me interested. Thanks gentlemen!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

A deck like this without Doomsday needs a way to recover from a discarded hedron(s), it's a wrench in the plan that turns off the Intuition route.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

Thread Information