Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Article] Unlocking Legacy - Testing (and Hyping) Lorwyn

Re: [Article] Unlocking Legacy - Testing (and Hyping) Lorwyn

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmore View Post
    No renowned scholars are experts in MTG. Therefore, stop quoting them!
    My quotes are 75% another approach on the current topic, and 25% cool quotes. Failure to learn lessons from history = game loss. Even though you're not using swords, you should read Art of War, etc etc.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

*/*
    Dec 2004
    Syracuse, NY

I use pertinant quotes to start every one of my articles. It's good to parallel this game to real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gilmore View Post
    Am I writing a Legacy article? I didn't say never quote. God knows my thesis papers in college would be pretty bad if I didn't quote. But we are not writing thesis papers as far as I know. No renowned scholars are experts in MTG. Therefore, stop quoting them!

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds. "
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer

He was talking about Black-splash Ernham-geddon.

You meet the nicest people on a Honda
    Dec 2003
    Fredericksburg, Va

If you want to draw parallels with Magic theory and the words of someone famous, take the time to work it into the body of the article, and actually draw those parallels.

Pasting a random quote to the top of every article has become incredibly trite. Stop doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9
    I can show up whenever I vomit off my hangover and get rid of the passed out females who's naked bodies will be sprawled out all over my condo. Oh wait, I'm engaged. FUCK.

Well in that case I can be there at like 2 then, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheBestEver View Post
    I built my car with my bare hands. It has 32 engines and 17 gas pedals so I can go extra-turbo fast. I sold it for a million dollars and then stole it from the guy using my super computer that can hack into any car in the world as long as I built it. Now I speed down the highway listening to Bruce Springsteen at max volume and flipping off other drivers.

What are regrets?

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Judges caring about Bribery is one of the most amusing things I've ever read. And agreed, the quotes in everyone's articles are unnecessary.

However, I must say that the sentence "Even if you get it early, making cantrips cost two was not that big a barrier to the Threshold player. The cantrips do not kill you, the giant freakin’ Green creature does." made me laugh out loud and is incredibly true.

I will go on record to say that Boggart Mob is crap in Legacy. You wrote the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Article
    In fact it is not unreasonable to hold an Aether Vial at four and keep Boggart Mob in reserve to counter Swords to Plowshares. Personally I cannot wait to pull this play off; my excitement is only tempered by the fact that I will probably be wrecked by that exact play in the next tournament I play in.
    To which I would respond, in what universe do you have four counters on an Aether Vial with Goblins where you aren't either

A. In a pretty good position to win the game anyway, or

B. in a position where you're losing and Boggart Mob won't help?

To me, a four-counter Vial indicates insantiy with Ringleader and the chance to overwhelm you with ridiculous forces.

I will say that despite thinking Mob is crap and Thorn's not quite right for the deck as it is currently, Wort is a complete nutbar. I haven't convinced myself she's worth the black splash just for her, but I haven't convinced myself she isn't either. Being able to kill a Tarmogoyf by Gempalming it with the Wort trigger on the stack, recurring the Gempalm, and then Gempalming it again is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

Nov 2006
    Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    Being able to kill a Tarmogoyf by Gempalming it with the Wort trigger on the stack, recurring the Gempalm, and then Gempalming it again is priceless.
    This doesn't work, as far as I can tell, because Wort's ability targets, and you have to choose one when you put it on the stack.

I don't see what's wrong with the quotes. They're harmless, not actively annoying (I wouldn't think?), and occasionally interesting.
    SummenSaugen: well, I use Chaos Orb, Animate Artifact, and Dance of Many to make the table we're playing on my chaos orb token
    SummenSaugen: then I flip it over and crush my opponent

Tacosnape: I meant to bring it out more in the article, but I don't think Mob is a good maindeck card (unless you contort your deck to run 9+ four-drops, but what alternate world is that?). I'm really wondering about some number of Mobs in the sideboard to beat decks like Landstill or other board control decks. Something like Fanatic, Matron, Mob (championing the Matron) can easily overwhelm a Landstill player without over-commiting into Deed the way Ringleader can't. And if they Deed you, you get Matron back to go get another Mob. I'm looking at Mob as another set of Ringleaders that isn't draw dependent. They don't help you beat counters as easily, but counters aren't the biggest threat post-board (plus, immunity to REB is huge).
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Sweet Sixteenth
    Jul 2004
    Fairfax City, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate Freely View Post
    If you want to draw parallels with Magic theory and the words of someone famous, take the time to work it into the body of the article, and actually draw those parallels.

Pasting a random quote to the top of every article has become incredibly trite. Stop doing it.
    What he said. Ok, now I'm done spouting my qualms. Go back to discussing Goblins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Getsickanddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    Looks like Team Unicorn has about sixteen coming to this.

What's the term for a plural group of Unicorns? Y'know, like a murder of crows. Well that's what's on it's way.
    ******s?
    While this is close it's still wrong. Every one knows it's an orgy of unicorns.
    Team Unicorn is too hetero for me.
    TeaM NOVA for life.

Thread Information