Considering that the same decks that run CounterTop also run lots of removal (StP, Terminus), spalshing for green might not be a bad idea. Frankly, I wouldn't use burn if you have to deal with a lot of Miracle Decks packing the CounterTop combo.
Printable View
Working on a Primer for Burn, should have something posted within 24 hours, over half way done. ^.^
New burn thread here because I'm crazy: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...d=1#post712934
I played burn in vintage about...11 years ago. It was always fun to beat powered decks with the cheapest deck ;) here what I had then:
4 lightning bolt
4 fireblast
4 flame rift
4 chain lightning
4 reckless abandon
2 price of progress (there were mono colored decks)
2 fork
1 wheel of fortune (vintage)
1 mana clash( ;) )
2 cursed scroll
4 ball lightning
4 grim lavamancer(had to wait until he was printed)
2 jackal pup (there wasn't goblin guide)
2 raging goblin (turn 1 attacker was actually good)
1 stripmine
19 mountain
SB
4 Red elemental blast
2 price of progress
3 Nevinyrral's Disk
2 breaking point
2 active volcano
2 anarchy
I loved ball lightning + reckless abandon and fireblast+fork. Combo-ish stuff was fun.
Hope someone enjoys this blast from the past :)
Wow, talk about a resurrection. I thought this thread was dead now that we have the newer one.
Next time, do all the work :p
Here's the new one:
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...imer-Deck-Burn
I just took 3rd place in a Legacy Tournament of 19 players 2 weeks ago. Biggest issue was Stoneforge/Batterskull variants. 14 out of 19 were of some Stoneforge build. Every game was a rush for the win but nothing horrid. My worst match up was a UW Stoneforge/Batterskull Control build. To much control to get through before batterskull was dropped.
This was my build at that tournament:
3 Grim Lavamancer
4 Vexing Devil
4 Goblin Guide
4 Lighting Bolt
4 Chain Lightning
4 Lava Spike
4 Magma Jet
4 Flame Rift
4 Price of Progress
4 Rift Bolt
3 Fireblast
2 Scalding Tarn
4 Arid Mesa
12 Mountain
Side Board
3 Red Elemental Blast
2 Pyroblast
1 Shattering Spree
3 Smash to Smithereens
3 Blood Moon
3 Sulfuric Vortex
Match ups were:
Game 1 vs Canadian Thresh GUr 2-1 win me
Game 2 vs Maverick 2-0 win me
Game 3 vs UW StoneBlade 1-2 lose me
Game 4 vs Jund 2-1 win me
Game 5 vs High Tide w/Candlesticks (Agreed to Draw our Match)
Game 6 vs UW StoneBlade (Same one from game 3) 0-2 lose me
After a few changes my current build is:
3 Grim Lavamancer
4 Vexing Devil
4 Goblin Guide
4 Lighting Bolt
4 Chain Lightning
4 Lava Spike
4 Magma Jet
4 Flame Rift
4 Price of Progress
4 Rift Bolt
3 Fireblast
1 Thunderous Wrath
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Arid Mesa
9 Mountain
Side Board
4 Skullcrack
4 Smash to Smithereens
3 Blood Moon
3 Sulfuric Vortex
1 Thunderous Wrath
Main Board:
1 additional burn spell with thunderous wrath with a 1:5 (miracles cost:damage ratio), and 2 additional fetch for Grim Lavamancer on the main board.
Side Board:
I found that Smash to Smithereens is the best at keeping Batterskull on his feet. Skullcrack and Sulfuric Vortex stop the life gain while still insuring damage to your opponent.
My local meta runs around 12-15 Stoneforge decks. So understand the one sidedness of the sideboard.
Ive actually settled upon Burn as my first Legacy deck to play while I build Deathblade. Anyone know any decent video primers explaining some of the intricacies of the deck? I know if looks simple to pilot but has many complex decisions and if I'm playing a deck I want to play it well!