I don't see how this is relevant to the discussion. You can't ban every card that synergies with creatures because they are getting stronger... I really don't bite this power creep argument concerning the survival banning.
There is like what, 5000+ creatures in legacy and how many are a real problem with survival ? Yes, 1. To break survival, one creature have to be quite specific :
1/ it shouldn't be broken on his own. Such creatures dont need survival to rules the format (tarmo..). Either you play, reanimate or cheat them into play.
2/ it shouldn't be a part of a really strong combo. Again doesnt need survival to be broken (i'm not sure survival is the best shell for ooze combo for example -without vine backup-). Intuition, entomb, burried alive and other tutors may just do the job as well.
3/ it should have a strong synergy with graveyard to make an interesting use of survival with them. I mean, in legacy, vengevine is a free recursive hasty creature. Vengevine is close to the perfect creature to break survival and i'm really not sure we will get another one in the future.
Survival isn't a problematic card on its own, but only when paired with vengevine. I'm not sure what should be banned but the creature power creep really isnt an argument in favor of survival banning.
That said i may be wrong :) I'm trying at the moment to "create" a creature specifically to break survival while considering the points i made upon and it isnt that easy. Maybe you should try and show me an "i break survival" creature that could be printed nowadays by wizard. If you can show be some good ones, i may change my mind and consided Vengevine 2.0 is too come anyways and survival has indeed to be banned!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)