Results 1 to 20 of 580

Thread: The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Cobra Kai Sensie
    dontbiteitholmes's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2004
    Posts

    1,721

    The September 20th 2011 Banned / Restricted List Update Reaction Thread



    This will likely be the link when it goes live... http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...y/feature/161a

    So the announcement should go live in the next 4 hours. I guess we can safely assume Ponder is now banned in Modern from the graphic. I have the gut feeling that Legacy is gonna get some changes, and it's almost for sure that Modern is going to be turned upside down.

    I just really hope that don't do anything stupid to Legacy. That said, from listening to everyone on this forum, as much as they complain about WotC I have to say, with the exception of the reasoning behind Mystical Tutor I pretty much agree with all the banning and unbannings and non-bannings (in the face of public outcry) they have made so far. I agree that Mystical Tutor was patently unfair and deserved to go at the time, but the reasoning they gave was arbitrary and they didn't even touch on the real reasons the card was broken, not the least of which was the tricks it let you run with your sideboard.

    I think it's just time everyone admit that for better or worse WotC is a much better keeper of the Legacy banned list than anyone gives them credit for. Of course now that I said that watch them completely drop the ball on this, LOL.

    Modern was such a bad format up until midnight tonight. Hopefully they found the antidote for shitty format but more likely they'll miss a few times before they get that all sorted out. I think banning Ponder is the smart play for nerfing Combo. Fair decks still have Preordain which is better than Ponder for them, and slightly combo has to use Preordain which is slightly worse for them and maybe Serum Visions if they want more than 4x filter, that should take a little of the wind out of their sails. I just wonder if anything from 12 post is going to hit the skids. I have to assume something else from combo is going to go, my guess is Rite of Flame. We'll see what happens in a couple hours.

    **EDIT**
    News
    September 20 2011 DCI Banned & Restricted List Announcement
    Wizards of the Coast
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011

    Announcement Date: September 20, 2011
    Effective Date: October 1, 2011
    Magic Online Effective Date: October 12, 2011

    Modern
    Blazing Shoal is banned.
    Cloudpost is banned.
    Green Sun's Zenith is banned.
    Ponder is banned.
    Preordain is banned.
    Rite of Flame is banned.

    Extended
    Jace, the Mind Sculptor is banned.
    Mental Misstep is banned.
    Ponder is banned.
    Preordain is banned.
    Stoneforge Mystic is banned.

    Legacy
    Mental Misstep is banned.

    Vintage
    Fact or Fiction is no longer restricted.

    Scars of Mirrodin Block Constructed, Standard
    No changes
    Last edited by dontbiteitholmes; 09-20-2011 at 12:24 AM.
    big links in sigs are obnoxious -PR

    Don't disrespect my dojo dude...

    Sweep the leg!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)