Quote Originally Posted by TheBoozeCube View Post
Maybe I'm just drunk, but is anybody else considering Scour from Existinece? I don't play Karn because paying 7 for spot removal seems inferior when you can wipe the board for the asme price. But at instant speed in monogreen? Maybe? I don't know. What is everyone else thinking?
I'm definitely going to try it. There's something to be said for EOT kill spell to bait counters before going for a real threat, though I don't see single-card threats as being the main problem for us right now. Also notable that Counterbalance effectively can't stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko448 View Post
Stepping away from that though, I can't ever beat a Monastery Mentor on turn 3. Engineered Explosives does work against him, but it never feels like enough. Is there other stuff I can be doing to deal with this guy? How do people feel about builds with MB Meddling Mages?
I've been thinking about a GB build with Illness in the Ranks/Virulent Plague to permanently shut down Mentor, Pyromancer, Thopter-Sword, and Empty the Warrens. Haven't thought much about what else to use with black though. Beseech the Queen? It finds everything Trinket Mage could but also lands and occasionally bigger stuff.