Page 175 of 263 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 5249

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Pox

  1. #3481
    Remnant of the worst Case Scenario, an Immortal

    Join Date

    Mar 2010
    Location

    Metropolis Prime
    Posts

    687

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    The new card Leave // Chance looks sick. I expect lots of combo abuse from it.
    I don't see how Pox could use this card. If an enemy is using it, discarding them to hellbent means the Aftermath is useless and Pox spells don't really care if you do "Leave" in response. If anything, we're VERY strong against this card.
    Three Lilianas to rule them all. One Pox to find them. Smallpox to bring them all and in the Sinkhole bind them!

  2. #3482
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  3. #3483
    Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Hell in a Nutshell
    Posts

    5,245

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Legacy 1K tomorrow gents, wish me luck! Here is my list that I've been testing over the past three weeks, with only minor changes through testing. Suggestions are welcome, but I most likely won't change anything so close to the event. I'll let you guys know how Waste Not performs; in testing it was incredibly good if I untapped with it.

    3x Bloodghast
    2x Waste Not
    3x Dark Ritual
    4x Inquisition of Kozilek
    2x Cabal Therapy
    1x Raven's Crime
    4x Hymn to Tourach
    4x Smallpox
    3x Sinkhole
    3x Innocent Blood
    2x Fatal Push
    3x Liliana of the Veil
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    4x Wasteland
    4x Mishra's Factory
    4x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1x Dakmor Salvage
    1x Cabal Pit
    11x Swamp

    Sideboard
    2x Surgical Extraction
    2x Nihil Spellbomb
    2x Pithing Needle
    2x Ratchet Bomb
    3x Engineered Plague
    1x Black Sun's Zenith
    1x Darkblast
    1x Lost Legacy
    1x Syphon Life
    Brainstorm Realist

    I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

  4. #3484
    Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Hell in a Nutshell
    Posts

    5,245

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    New(ish) toy.

    Whatcha think boys?
    Brainstorm Realist

    I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

  5. #3485
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,808

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    I wouldn't cut any Mishra's Factories for it, but might be good for those on the Sea Gate Wreckage plan in need of dependable colorless sources. Seems like it'll have more of a home in Stax, but would have more impact than the 1-of Ghost Quarter you sometimes see.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  6. #3486
    Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Hell in a Nutshell
    Posts

    5,245

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    I wouldn't cut any Mishra's Factories for it, but might be good for those on the Sea Gate Wreckage plan in need of dependable colorless sources. Seems like it'll have more of a home in Stax, but would have more impact than the 1-of Ghost Quarter you sometimes see.
    I was thinking Smallpox/Pox synergy (the whole spell resolves before the triggers go on the stack.) So it would let you sac the land, then get a 2/2 out of it. It comes into play untapped, and Crucible shenanigans can recur it. Not making colored mana outside of Urborg is a problem, already pops up occasionally with waste/factory/double black spells in hand.

    EDIT: I spotted it in the Stax thread, natch.
    Brainstorm Realist

    I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

  7. #3487
    A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    PirateKing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2011
    Location

    BEST JERSEY
    Posts

    1,808

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Yeah I saw the synergy, but the token is so squishy that I don't think it'd be reliable. What with Factory being immune to Sorcery speed removal and Nether Spirit is a 1 card combo to bring itself back. Dunes of the Dead is value, but at least my Pox isn't a CoW deck, but even if it was; we're talking about a 3 card combo. Closest example I can think of is Flagstones of Trokair, but that plays well by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

  8. #3488
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Hostile Desert is not bad.
    Last edited by Hardcore; 06-30-2017 at 08:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  9. #3489
    Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Hell in a Nutshell
    Posts

    5,245

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Five rounds today. So far:

    R1 - Br Reanimator 2-0
    G1 - he mulls to 4, I keep him stalled with wastelands, resolve *2* waste not, draw roughly 5 extra cards. Ghast/Mishra beata after lily lock.
    G2 - layered disruption deals with all threats, needle on griz, lost legacy on iona, sac effects kill chancellors.



    R2 - Grixis Delver 0-2
    G1 - back and forth, late pyromancer gets me after land/dark ritual draws for 5 turns.
    G2 - probe into therapy takes my interaction, I stick a bloodghast, but delver and bolts gets me.


    Record 1-1


    R3 Grixis Delver 1-2
    G1 I have the nuts, he concedes after I curve discard into liliana.
    G2 long grindy game, draw too many lands in a row
    G3 more of the same

    R4 Manaless Dredge 0-2
    Do I even need to tell you? I didn't have leylines, had 15 dead cards main and only 7 mediocre cards to bring in.

    R5 ANT 0-2
    G1 goes perfect, I play *4* hymn to tourach this game. He topdecks past in flames with enough mana to go off with a fat yard.
    G2 I do some damage, and miss a big opportunity. I have bloodghast on the board and therapy in my yard, and I forgot to flash it back. I would have named Infernal Tutor, and I would have nailed him. Instead I lose the next turn.

    Fun event, I'm not great at playing Pox, it has variance, and I'm pretty sure in this metagame it isn't a smart choice for me. 1-4
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 07-01-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    Brainstorm Realist

    I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

  10. #3490
    Member
    Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2012
    Location

    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts

    1,048

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    So, was Waste Not ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hardcore is our resident aggro pox master, hopefully he can help you

    "Pox early, Pox often, and Pox hard!" - Le_Lepreux

  11. #3491
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Location

    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts

    57

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Is anyone else playing Darkblast in their 75? A single copy in my board has felt great and it really does work as a makeshift Punishing Fire for mono black Pox. Active DRS can be annoying but it's not like the deck is hurting for ways to kill the one mana planeswalker.

  12. #3492
    Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Hell in a Nutshell
    Posts

    5,245

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    So, was Waste Not ok?
    It was awkward. I waited on discard so I could capitalize and it cost me a couple games. I think a 4 dark ritual/4 waste not list might be ok, but it trims down on disruption. It did work for me, but not enough.

    The immediate changes I would make would be to drop the sinkholes straight up for tombstalkers. I sided them out so many times. Innocent Blood was also lackluster against multiple threats on board.

    So -3 sinkhole, -1 innocent blood, -1 bloodghast, +2 tombstalker, + 1 dark ritual, +2 Waste not.

    I also think sideboarding Dark Confidant like some decks are doing seems really smart.
    Brainstorm Realist

    I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

  13. #3493

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiptoon View Post
    Is anyone else playing Darkblast in their 75? A single copy in my board has felt great and it really does work as a makeshift Punishing Fire for mono black Pox. Active DRS can be annoying but it's not like the deck is hurting for ways to kill the one mana planeswalker.
    I have one in the sideboard of Loam Pox, because I also run a couple of Entomb.

  14. #3494
    Member
    Fjaulnir's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2016
    Location

    Flanders
    Posts

    385

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiptoon View Post
    Is anyone else playing Darkblast in their 75? A single copy in my board has felt great and it really does work as a makeshift Punishing Fire for mono black Pox. Active DRS can be annoying but it's not like the deck is hurting for ways to kill the one mana planeswalker.

    I was recently considering it again, because it plays nice with Tombstalker too. And with Liliana, the Last Hope in case you accidentally dredge your Tombstalkers away

  15. #3495
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2014
    Location

    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts

    57

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Fjaulnir View Post
    I was recently considering it again, because it plays nice with Tombstalker too. And with Liliana, the Last Hope in case you accidentally dredge your Tombstalkers away
    I haven't had a chance to pick up Liliana, the Last Hope yet but she definitely seems interesting with Dredge cards. I also used Tombstalker with Darkblast and it was potent. Plays nice with Delve cards in general so I also used a singleton copy of Murderous Cut to hit troublesome creatures on a crowded board or keep my Nether Spirit active. Definitely a solid card with all of this Grixis Delver, D&T, and Elves floating around.

  16. #3496
    Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Mr. Safety's Avatar
    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Hell in a Nutshell
    Posts

    5,245

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Has anyone tried contamination with bitterblossom?
    Brainstorm Realist

    I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

  17. #3497
    Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Megadeus's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2012
    Location

    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts

    5,572

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Has anyone tried contamination with bitterblossom?
    Like in general or just recently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

    If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

  18. #3498
    Member
    hymnyou's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2015
    Location

    Dominarian Slum
    Posts

    198

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    4 dark ritual
    3 liliana
    4 torment of scarabs
    2 cursed scroll
    4 small pox
    4 thoughtseize
    4 duress
    3 hymn
    1 fatal push
    1 edict
    2 deluge
    2 sinkhole

    10 swamps
    4 wasetland
    4 factories
    1 tabernacle
    4 urborg
    1 Seagate wreckage

    1 nether spirit
    1 bloodghast

    sb
    3 Enginerred pague
    4 leyline of sanctity
    3 surgical
    3 pithing needle
    2 ratchet bomb
    Tusk Up

  19. #3499

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    Quote Originally Posted by hymnyou View Post
    4 dark ritual
    3 liliana
    4 torment of scarabs
    2 cursed scroll
    4 small pox
    4 thoughtseize
    4 duress
    3 hymn
    1 fatal push
    1 edict
    2 deluge
    2 sinkhole

    10 swamps
    4 wasetland
    4 factories
    1 tabernacle
    4 urborg
    1 Seagate wreckage

    1 nether spirit
    1 bloodghast

    sb
    3 Enginerred pague
    4 leyline of sanctity
    3 surgical
    3 pithing needle
    2 ratchet bomb

    Playing Bloodghast with no fetchlands is just not well thought out. Way too much discard. Not enough gy hate. The mana curve is too high. I like the idea of it. But in playtesting you will see the weaknesses of this list.

  20. #3500

    Re: [Primer/Deck] Pox

    finished 2nd with this list a while back, would post a report soon:
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16098&d=299201&f=LE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)