Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Re: Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    Intellectual property laws?

Believe it or not, there are facts of the matter about the law, and experts who can tell you about them. You could always take a class. Or read a book on the subject.
    Actually they don't. If you picked up one of those said books you'd know that all law is subjective and open to interpretation. That's why it's called an opinion.
    So I'll repeat: says who?

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Actually they don't. If you picked up one of those said books you'd know that all law is subjective and open to interpretation. That's why it's called an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    Yes there are a few narrow competitive decks that can be built without using any reserve list cards (death's shadow, burn) but its too narrow a list to retain players.
    The duals are the cards that bar entry to legacy.
    Why is D&T so much underappreciated? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    For some reason, I thought Rishidan Port is on the reserve list, akin to Gaea’s Cradle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

lmao even a spoiler thread turns into a RL discussion this site is an actual cesspool

It's amusing to watch someone LARP as a lawyer. I always wonder why people feel the need to take such a strong (and in this case condescending) opinion on a subject for which they clearly lack even a beginner-level understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    All we need are lands that are almost as good as the duals. Budget friendly alternatives to the duals that are nearly as good...
    I don't see how that is a solution. When it comes to competitive play, its obviously not a solution because no matter what its a competitive disadvantage. When it comes to non-competitive play, proxies are already commonplace so this changes nothing as anyone would rather just proxy a dual than play with suboptimal cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Goaswerfraiejen View Post
    Intellectual property laws?

Believe it or not, there are facts of the matter about the law, and experts who can tell you about them. You could always take a class. Or read a book on the subject.
    The funny thing is what you say is even more applicable in copyright law than on average. Nimmer on Copyright is basically The Bible and has been for decades to the point that whatever Nimmer (et filius) says is the law may as well be the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    It's amusing to watch someone LARP as a lawyer. I always wonder why people feel the need to take such a strong (and in this case condescending) opinion on a subject for which they clearly lack even a beginner-level understand.
    I know, right? It's beyond me, too.

I don't see how that is a solution. When it comes to competitive play, its obviously not a solution because no matter what its a competitive disadvantage. When it comes to non-competitive play, proxies are already commonplace so this changes nothing as anyone would rather just proxy a dual than play with suboptimal cards.

I've always thought that an easy out for WoTC was to just print better duals--e.g. ETB +1 life, or--wait for it!--treble lands. Given the sheer volume of new sets, and the crazy power creep I see now that I've returned to the game, I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't too far from something like that.
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Dunno if this has any applications. You can GSZ for it, though. Would make Loam/PF alot cheaper in the long run.

"But the law says..." I cry as a judge who's only completed highschool refuses to enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    lmao even a spoiler thread turns into a RL discussion this site is an actual cesspool
    So r ur posts

"But the law says..." I cry as a judge who's only completed highschool refuses to enforce it.
    What are you even talking about lol just take the L

edit:
    100% correct

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    What are you even talking about lol just take the L
    So r ur posts

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Dunno if this has any applications. You can GSZ for it, though. Would make Loam/PF alot cheaper in the long run.
    Players: Green/Red aggro hasn't been a viable deck in a long time

WOTC: Best I can do is 'storm'
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Players: Green/Red aggro hasn't been a viable deck in a long time

WOTC: Best I can do is 'storm'
    I've been thinking about Ruby Storm, but would it be worth a green splash? I don't think they run Gobin Electromancer, either, although it would essentially do the same thing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I've been thinking about Ruby Storm, but would it be worth a green splash? I don't think they run Gobin Electromancer, either, although it would essentially do the same thing for them.
    Birgi and ruby medallion play better with sol lands. Not sure if they want more.

Lion's Eye Diamond is a reserved list card that is integral to a number of Legacy decks.

Also, I think that duals which read "ETB: Each opponent gains 2 life" would be great as a Commander product and also help people afford Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoshim View Post
    Also, I think that duals which read "ETB: Each opponent gains 2 life" would be great as a Commander product and also help people afford Legacy.

Thread Information