Page 265 of 332 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    I guess knowing rules would help.
    Well I learned something new, there is something called resolving.
    0 pts.
    You should beat max on the play by just grapeshotting him for 2 every turn or so.

maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Manamorphose, Manamorphose, Grapeshot

1. Asthereal (TO): Tundra, Mishra's Factory, Waterfront Bouncer, Blazing Hope
    I storm you out. 6-0

2. Reeplcheep: Mountain, Grapeshot, Conspicous Snoop, Skirk Prospector
    I think I'm always faster than you here. OTP I definitely get you. OTD I think the best you can do is resolve Snoop and pass before I storm you. 6-0

3. Wrath of Pie: Mishra's Factory, Rishadan Port, Hangarback Walker, Ratchet Bomb
    OTP I go off. OTD Port is live, but you have to port me every turn to not die, so we stare. 4-1

4. PJim: Plains, Plateau, Prismatic Ending, Gather the Townsfolk
    Grapeshot you. 6-0

5. alphastryk: Crystal Vein, Thorn of Amethyst, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer
    Crystal Vein is amazing with the round rule. I didn't think of that. I can't beat Thorn. 0-6

6. RoosterCocoa: Plains, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    I definitely can't beat this, but maybe I can draw? OTD you can make a Giant, I play my land, then you have to Angel's Grace to not die, and then I can kill you. So that's not the line for you. You don't have a window to make Giants, survive the Pact trigger, and still redraw Angel's Grace before I can go off, so you just have to hold Grace forever. 2-2

7. jhhdk: Sandstone Needle, Manamorphose, Mindbreak Trap, Grapeshot
    This is weird because I don't think your combo actually works, since Manamorphose fully resolves (including the card draw) before it goes back into your library. But Mindbreak Trap is pretty good against me, so that's tricky. We can slowly Grapeshot each other for 1 or 2 back and forth, and I think whoever goes first wins that one. I think the loop is T1 Needle, T2 Grapeshot, T3 Manamorphose (draw Needle), replay Needle, Grapeshot. So alternating 1 and 2 damage. I can't ever play double Manamorphose before Grapeshot or I get Mindbreak Trapped, so we play slow identical 3CB decks. 3-3

8. dte: Crystal vein, Trinisphere, Grim monolith, Urza's saga
    Nice sphere deck. 0-6

9. silkster: Island, Mausoleum Wanderer, Vapor Snag, Sea's Claim
    Sea's Claim is the LD that I was not anticipating. 0-6

10. maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Manamorphose, Manamorphose, Grapeshot
    This is me :]

11. Serguei: Hollow One, Hollow One, Hollow One, Street Wraith
    I'm pretty sure this loop DOES work, unlike single Manamorphose, because discarding Street Wraith is the cost to cycle. It's a turn too slow against me though. 6-0

12. FTW: Underground Sea, Inkmoth Nexus, Sea's Claim, Mesmeric Fiend
    Sea's Claim again. 0-6

13. GoblinSmashmaster: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Karakas, Angel's Grace
    Same as RoosterCocoa. 2-2

6+6+4+6+0+2+3+0+0+6+0+2 = 35

I felt like I picked the most obvious deck. I knew some people would aim to beat it, but 4CB always has a bit of a rock/paper/scissors thing where countering the counter-decks is a good strategy, so I just stuck with something simple and powerful. I wouldn't have played this with Daze legal.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    This was a cool round - I went from various loop decks, including turn 2 storm (with Chatterstorm over Grapeshot because Leyline of Sanctity is still available)
    Leyline of Sanctity is not still legal (banned in round 10) ;)

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jhhdk View Post
    I guess knowing rules would help.
    Well I learned something new, there is something called resolving.
    0 pts.
    You can't make infinite storm, but you can just Grapeshot for 2 over and over again. That's enough to kill small creatures and theoretically kill a player. I think you're fast enough to disrupt the Skirk Prospector deck when you go first.

Vs Gather the Townsfolk you can kill 3 of every 4 tokens and just barely miss the draw.

You can also kill Waterfront Bouncer and come close to racing Mishra's Factory.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    Leyline of Sanctity is not still legal (banned in round 10) ;)
    Whoops! My storm decks were a full turn slower than they needed to be, glad I didn't end up going that route

Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by RoosterCocoa View Post

You're too fast for me but can't beat Angel's Grace. DD
    [cards]
    OTP and OTD are the same, as you pass OTP to get a draw and play 3 tokens.

Serguei plays his 3 dudes (has to be the aggro or dies to many titans). S14
    R plays 3 tokens.
    S attack, R blocks 1 and let 2 through. S14, R12.
    R draws pact, attacks. S6, R12. Serguei cannot attack with both hollow or loses. From there, Serguei loses, he cannot replay hollow ones. It doesn't get better if Serguei attacks with less hollow ones.
    6-0 for R I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dte View Post
    OTP and OTD are the same, as you pass OTP to get a draw and play 3 tokens.

Serguei plays his 3 dudes (has to be the aggro or dies to many titans). S14
    R plays 3 tokens.
    S attack, R blocks 1 and let 2 through. S14, R12.
    R draws pact, attacks. S6, R12. Serguei cannot attack with both hollow or loses. From there, Serguei loses, he cannot replay hollow ones. It doesn't get better if Serguei attacks with less hollow ones.
    6-0 for R I think.
    I can only produce 2 tokens at a time, not 3, so I think that I die before I can play my pacts a second time.

Feb 2014

I can only produce 2 tokens at a time, not 3, so I think that I die before I can play my pacts a second time.
    You can always produce tokens by 3: OTD you play 2 pacts at your upkeep, draw one, play it. OTP is the same but you have to wait for your second turn. Later on, you can chose between 2 tokens every 3rd turn, or 3 every fourth.

You can always produce tokens by 3: OTD you play 2 pacts at your upkeep, draw one, play it. OTP is the same but you have to wait for your second turn. Later on, you can chose between 2 tokens every 3rd turn, or 3 every fourth.
    Huh, I didn't notice that.

Sep 2011

I can only make 4/4s every 3 turns, so I don't think I can beat you down fast enough, but you can't get through Angel's Grace. DD
    If you go for 3 4/4s, you are much faster.

Rooster OTD
    A - Factory
    R - 3x Pact. Plains

A - Bouncer
    R - Angel's Grace. Draw Pact #1. Attack for 12 [A=8]

A - Hold
    R - Draw Pact #2. Attack for 12. Bouncer chumps one and bounces another. [A=4]

A - Draw Blazing Hope. Hope or Factory can only stop 1 of 2 tokens.
    R - Draw Angel's Grace. Attack with 2 4/4s. 1 gets through [A=0], then make 2 more 4/4s...

OTP is the same (skip your turn)

Turns out 12 power on turn 1 is good.

Sep 2011

You're too fast for me but can't beat Angel's Grace. DD
    OTP you can make a creature. OTD you're too slow and have to draw.

Rooster OTP
    1x Pact / Skirk
    Grace. Draw Pact. Attack to 16 / Snoop
    Draw Grace. Attack to 12 / can't win through Angel's Grace.

3. Wrath of Pie: Mishra's Factory, Rishadan Port, Hangarback Walker, Ratchet Bomb
    Ratchet Bomb kills my tokens and you can Port me on my turn so I can't Angel's Grace on yours. LL
    To Port you off Angel's Grace, Wrath can't attack with Factory and must use Hangarback Walker. But Hangarback (and the Thopters) have cmc 0. If you keep making Giant tokens and forcing out Ratchet Bomb, you can force Wrath to kill his own board.

OTP
    R - 2x Pact
    W - Factory

R - Angel's Grace. Draw Pact #1. Attack with 2 4/4s. [W=12]
    W - Ratchet Bomb

R - Draw Pact #2. Attack with 2 4/4s. Ratchet bomb kills them.
    W - Draw Bomb. Hangarback Walker X=1.

R - Draw Angel's Grace. Pass
    W - Ratchet Bomb (otherwise EOT 2x Pact and attack for 8). EOT 1x Pact (or flash in 4/4 to block if Hangarback attacks)

R - Angel's Grace. Draw Pact. Attack with 4/4. Ratchet Bomb X=0 would kill Hangarback Walker/Thopters too... otherwise take 4

You might be able to hold him off.

Hangarback Walker + Ratchet Bomb takes 2 draw steps. So does 1x Pact + Angel's Grace.
    Porting you off defensive Angel's Grace or growing Hangarback means losing a turn and giving you an opening to EOT 2x Pact. You can also flash in 4/4 blockers vs any ground attacker. Wrath might not be able to actually win here.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Rooster OTP
    1x Pact / Skirk
    Grace. Draw Pact. Attack for 4 / Snoop
    Draw Grace. Attack for 4 / can't combo into Angel's Grace
    4/4 wins

OTD you're too slow so you have to draw.
    I can always use the grapeshot to wrath the board even if he graces to save himself.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I can always use the grapeshot to wrath the board even if he graces to save himself.
    Then he can make more tokens. Takes you 3 turns to get back Grapeshot. Each cycle you take some damage.

Grapeshot @ 1000 to kill the 4/4 and drop you to 1. Reepl library = {Skirk, Snoop, Grapeshot}

Draw Grace. 1x Pact / Skirk
    Grace. Draw Pact. Attack to 8 / Snoop
    Draw Grace. Attack to 4 / Grapeshot to kill token.

Next 4/4 will kill before 3rd Grapeshot.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post

To Port you off Angel's Grace, Wrath can't attack with Factory and must use Hangarback Walker. But Hangarback (and the Thopters) have cmc 0. If you keep making Giant tokens and forcing out Ratchet Bomb, you can force Wrath to kill his own board.

OTP
    R - 2x Pact
    W - Factory

R - Angel's Grace. Draw Pact #1. Attack with 2 4/4s. [W=12]
    W - Ratchet Bomb

R - Draw Pact #2. Attack with 2 4/4s. Ratchet bomb kills them.
    W - Draw Bomb. Hangarback Walker X=1.

R - Draw Angel's Grace. Pass
    W - Ratchet Bomb (otherwise EOT 2x Pact and attack for 8). EOT 1x Pact (or flash in 4/4 to block if Hangarback attacks)

R - Angel's Grace. Draw Pact. Attack with 4/4. Ratchet Bomb X=0 would kill Hangarback Walker/Thopters too... otherwise take 4

You might be able to hold him off.

Hangarback Walker + Ratchet Bomb takes 2 draw steps. So does 1x Pact + Angel's Grace.
    Porting you off defensive Angel's Grace or growing Hangarback means losing a turn and giving you an opening to EOT 2x Pact. You can also flash in 4/4 blockers vs any ground attacker. Wrath might not be able to actually win here.
    Hangarback never actually gets a death trigger (nothing ever dies with the replacement effect, should have just been Steel Overseer), so I probably just loop Ratchet Bomb for the draw.

TitanSmashmaster Results for Round "The Draw Step"

Titans smash! 6-0

Titans smash! 4-1

Ratchet 2-2

4. PJim: Plains, Plateau, Prismatic Ending, Gather the Townsfolk
    Can't lose 2-2

5. alphastryk: Crystal Vein, Thorn of Amethyst, Steel Overseer, Steel Overseer
    Sphere 0-6

Can't lose 2-2

7. jhhdk: Sandstone Needle, Manamorphose, Mindbreak Trap, Grapeshot
    Titans smash! 6-0

8. dte: Crystal vein, Trinisphere, Grim monolith, Urza's saga
    Sphere 0-6

9. silkster: Island, Mausoleum Wanderer, Vapor Snag, Sea's Claim
    LD 0-6

10. maxx!: Sandstone Needle, Manamorphose, Manamorphose, Grapeshot
    Can't lose 2-2

Titans smash! 6-0

12. FTW: Underground Sea, Inkmoth Nexus, Sea's Claim, Mesmeric Fiend
    LD 0-6

13. GoblinSmashmaster: Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Karakas, Angel's Grace
    That's me, smashing with nongoblins!

Total: 30 points

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL
    Join the 4 Card Blind competition!

Feb 2014

Asthereal vs WoP, both agree on 4-1 for WoP, but I do not see how play/draw could matter?
    The MU looks complicated, but a 2-2 or 6-0 would make more sense to me. WoP can always get a draw, between port and ratchet, not sure how he could win.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Asthereal vs WoP, both agree on 4-1 for WoP, but I do not see how play/draw could matter?
    The MU looks complicated, but a 2-2 or 6-0 would make more sense to me. WoP can always get a draw, between port and ratchet, not sure how he could win.
    To be honest, I just took his result and ran with it. But let's have a look.

The main problem I have is that I can't both bounce and cast discount StP.
    I can't stop the situation where Bomb is on 2, then Walker gets cast, and I have to keep my bounce ready because he'll tick up Walker.
    I can't allow him to tick up Walker, or it'll kill me at some point, and when I bounce it, it'll make 1/1 flyers.
    So I have to bounce immediately. He blows up Bomb in response and gets just one 1/1 flyer.
    The turn after I draw Bouncer, cast it. He draws Walker (keeps in hand) and attacks for 3.

From here, he can rebuild the situation we had before. He draws and casts Bomb and ticks it up to 2.
    In the meantime I draw discount StP and bounce/exile the 1/1 flyer, but I can't really get a good enough attack in to race this strategy.

So looks like I just lose 0-6. Anybody see a solution here?

EDIT: Walker doesn't "die" according to the rules. See below.
    Last edited by Asthereal; 09-20-2021 at 06:27 AM.

Feb 2014

I was thinking hangar back does not make tokens due to the round rule?

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I was thinking hangar back does not make tokens due to the round rule?
    That would make a difference. But I don't see it.
    What rule would make the creature not "die"?

I think it does "die", but that causes the card to get sent to the deck instead of the graveyard because of our rule change.

EDIT: "A creature or planeswalker does not die if a replacement effect sends it to another zone (usually Exile), similar to tokens that are put into a zone other than the graveyard. They cease to exist, but abilities that check if a creature or planeswalker dies do not trigger."

Oh. It indeed doesn't "die", according to the game. That changes the math a bit.

Okay so if he nevers gets the 1/1 flyer, suddenly he can't attack profitably at all.
    My Factory threatens to block as a 3/3, and if he ticks up Walker I can just bounce it, at his EOT after it becomes 2/2.
    If he blows up Bomb at 2, both Walker and Bouncer get sent to our libraries.
    If he manages to get cheeky attacks in with Factory, I at some point get low enough on life that discount StP comes online
    If that happens, I threaten to exile his Factory, which will win me the game, so from there on, he can never attack profitably at all.
    I think Wrath needs to stay on the defensive and EOT blow up Bomb at 2, and from there eternally Port my land for the draws.
    2-2?
    Last edited by Asthereal; 09-20-2021 at 06:30 AM.

I agree that it is DD. (Hilariously, a painland rather than a dual might give Asthereal the win in the matchup.)

Thread Information