Page 321 of 332 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 6623

Thread: 4 Card Blind

Re: 4 Card Blind

4. jfb1337: Academy Ruins, Simic Growth Chamber, Powder Keg, Courier's Briefcase
    That's me; adapting a deck I saw in another 4cb event to fit this format.

1. Asthereal (TO): Rustvale Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    I keg your tokens, then build my own army. WW.
    2. dte: Okiba Reckoner Raid, swamp, funeral charm, vicious rumors
    If you discard both my artifacts I can still keg by turn 5, then build my army. WW
    3. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Okiba reckoner raid, Snuff Out, Swamp
    Same, but I get keg down even earlier as I only discard my briefcase. WW.
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension
    Not having access to ratchet bomb kills me. I can keg your tokens once per 2 turns but that's enough for you to attack through. LL.
    6. alphastryk: Mountain, Hammerheim, Raze, Devastating Summons
    You kill my bounceland. LL.
    7. RoosterCocoa: Island, Mistvault Bridge, Rise and Shine, Forget
    Indestructible? Dang. I can make a token every 2 turns but pretty sure I can't race that. LL.
    8. Phasmoid: Razortide Bridge, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace
    I keg your tokens then build my own army. WW.
    9. FTW: Tundra, An Offer You Can't Refuse, Path to Exile, Recruit the Worthy
    I keg your token then build my own army. Your interaction does nothing. WW.
    10. maxx!: Mistvault Bridge, Island, Forget, Resculpt
    I keg your token then build my own army. Your forget does nothing; I just discard my artifacts. WW.
    11. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Strike It Rich, Devour Intellect, Okiba Reckoner Raid
    I keg your guy by turn 5 even if you discard it, then build my own army. WW.

14w = 42 points.

Sep 2011

1. Asthereal (TO): I can counter 1 Pact, Path the 2nd token, and make a 1/1.
    Edit: I needed more sleep before submitting. I picked my deck to beat AngelPact, but of course you can just Pact before I play a land to dodge the counter and I can't make a threat if you hold back Pact. DL 1-4

2. dte: Draw city. I can always counter or Path your wincon, but you can Charm or discard mine. DD 2-2
    3. Reeplcheep: Same as dte. I can always remove your wincon, but you can always discard or kill mine. DD 2-2
    4. jfb1337: Welcome! Nice deck. I had a similar one in my gauntlet but didn't expect anything like this with so much LD possible. LL 0-6
    5. GoblinSmashmaster: I can counter Energy Field and keep attacking with a 1/1 to keep counters off Ascension. WW 6-0
    6. alphastryk: You must sacrifice 1 land to Raze to force out my counter, then you Devastating Summons for 2 1/1s trading with my last 2 cards. DD 2-2
    7. RoosterCocoa: I can counter Forget, Path your indestructible 4/4, and win with a 1/1. WW 6-0
    8. Phasmoid: Same as Asthereal.
    Edit: DL 1-4
    10. maxx!: I can counter Forget, Path your 4/4, and win with a 1/1. WW 6-0
    11. silkster: OTP I counter your discard spell, Path your threat, and win with a 1/1.
    Edit: OTD you get to discard first. If you take Path or Offer, the other answers your threat and I win with a 1/1. So you take my threat, and I answer yours. WD 4-1

Total: 30 points (7 wins, 9 draw, 4 loss)

I'm surprised how little LD showed up.
    Edit: After I majorly miscalculated the AngelPact matchup, my LD deck would have scored much better.
    Last edited by FTW; 06-15-2022 at 01:16 PM.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by jfb1337 View Post
    4. jfb1337: Academy Ruins, Simic Growth Chamber, Powder Keg, Courier's Briefcase
    That's me; adapting a deck I saw in another 4cb event to fit this format.

14w = 42 points
    Welcome to our group. Nice showing!
    Was the deck you saw my Engineered Explosives + Arcbound Ravager deck from a past season?

I've been afraid to play a similar Academy Ruins deck due to expecting more LD. Instead there was a lot of discard, but this plays around discard. Good timing!

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Welcome to our group. Nice showing!
    Was the deck you saw my Engineered Explosives + Arcbound Ravager deck from a past season?

I've been afraid to play a similar Academy Ruins deck due to expecting more LD. Instead there was a lot of discard, but this plays around discard. Good timing!
    Thanks! In fact it was a Ratchet bomb + Chronomaton deck from a reddit 4cb event a couple years ago.

I didn't see a lot of LD in the previous round besides crack the earth which got banned; so I decided not to play around it too much; and I also couldn't think of much other LD.

Looks like EE would have been a little better; beating the energy field deck.

GoblinSmashmaster Results for Round "More Discard"

1. Asthereal (TO): Rustvale Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan
    Angel smash! 6-0

Discard :( 0-6

Angel smash! 6-0

5. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension
    That's me, sick of fun Goblins losing to LD

Angel smash! 6-0

8. Phasmoid: Razortide Bridge, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan, Angel's Grace
    Angel smash! 6-0

Counter 0-6

11. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Strike It Rich, Devour Intellect, Okiba Reckoner Raid

Total: 24 points

1. Asthereal (TO): ​ ​ ​ Rustvale Bridge ​ , ​ Angel's Grace ​ , ​ Pact of the Titan ​ , ​ Pact of the Titan
    and
    8. me: ​ ​ ​ Razortide Bridge ​ , ​ Pact of the Titan ​ , ​ Pact of the Titan ​ , ​ Angel's Grace

1. Asthereal (TO): Rustvale Bridge, Angel's Grace, Pact of the Titan, Pact of the Titan ​ DD 2-2
    Titans stare or trade

2. dte: Okiba Reckoner Raid, swamp, funeral charm, vicious rumors ​ DL 1-4

when we are OTD:
    T1+T2 discard means we lose quickly if we ever make a threat.
    Thus we don't, so we instead lose slowly to Nezumi Road Captain.

when we are OTP:
    We can discard 1 Pact to get 1 Titan without losing to the Pact Trigger. ​ You can't do better than
    [trading with that Titan] plus [shifting 3 life via Vicious Rumors + ORR], so you don't win.
    You cast T1 Vicious Rumors, so we discard a Pact or won't be able to make
    _either_ Titan without quickly losing. ​ You cast T2 ORR, giving you T4 NRC,
    and that plus Funeral Charm trades for our Titan. ​ Thus you don't lose.

3. Reeplcheep: Cry of Contrition, Okiba reckoner raid, Snuff Out, Swamp ​ LL 0-6

T1 discard means we can't get more than 1 Titan without losing quickly to the Pact trigger.
    That Titan gets Snuffed Out, and then we lose slowly to NRC.

4. jfb1337: Academy Ruins, Simic Growth Chamber, Powder Keg, Courier's Briefcase ​ LL 0-6

You can blow up Powder Keg on T3, which is fast-enough.
    That stops us from winning, so recurring Courier's Briefcase wins for you.

5. GoblinSmashmaster: Razortide Bridge, Razortide Bridge, Energy Field, Luminarch Ascension ​ LL 0-6
    You cast Energy Field on T3, which is fast-enough, and then Angels smash.

6. alphastryk: Mountain, Hammerheim, Raze, Devastating Summons ​ WW 6-0
    Our lands can't be Razed, so Titans smash.

7. RoosterCocoa: Island, Mistvault Bridge, Rise and Shine, Forget ​ DL 1-4

when we are OTD:
    T2 double-discard means we lose quickly if we ever make a threat.
    Thus we don't, so we instead lose to 4/4 Bridge.

when we are OTP:
    We can't beat T2 indestructible 4/4. ​ You can't beat a pair of 4/4s,
    or even a single 4/4 that attacks before you get your creature.

see ​ 1. Asthereal

9. FTW: Tundra, An Offer You Can't Refuse, Path to Exile, Recruit the Worthy ​ WD 4-1

when we are OTP:
    We get both Titans, and you can't make an Offer for Angel's Grace because Angel's Grace
    has split second. ​ One of our Titans gets exiled, but the other beats your Soldier.

when we are OTD:
    You can make an Offer for one of our Titans and exile the other, so you don't lose.
    If you make your Soldier, then we resolve both Pacts, since Angel's Grace
    has split second. ​ You can't exile more than one of them, so you don't win.

10. maxx!: Mistvault Bridge, Island, Forget, Resculpt ​ WL 3-3

when we are OTP:
    We get both Titans, and two 4/4s beats a single 4/4.

when we are OTD:
    T2 double-discard means we lose quickly if we ever make a threat.
    Thus we don't, so we instead lose to your Elemental.

11. silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Strike It Rich, Devour Intellect, Okiba Reckoner Raid ​ LL 0-6

You T1 Devour our Grace, so we lose quickly if we ever make a threat.
    Thus we don't, so we instead lose slowly to NRC.

4 LL ​ + ​ 2 DL ​ + ​ 1 DD ​ + ​ 1 WL ​ + ​ 1 WD ​ + ​ 1 WW ​ ​ ​ = ​ ​ ​ 17 points
    Last edited by Phasmoid; 06-15-2022 at 03:21 PM. Reason: misread one result when tallying points

1. Asthereal (TO): I can counter 1 Pact, Path the 2nd token, and make a 1/1. WW 6-0
    8. Phasmoid: Same as Asthereal. WW 6-0
    disagreement: ​ ​ ​ We cast both Pacts on T1. ​ When we are OTP,
    that is before you have mana to make an Offer for one of them.
    I get that we win when we are OTP.

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    disagreement: ​ ​ ​ We cast both Pacts on T1. ​ When we are OTP,
    that is before you have mana to make an Offer for one of them.
    I get that we win when we are OTP.
    You're correct. I forgot that the tapped artifact land doesn't actually slow down this deck by 1 turn, and that you can main phase Pact before I play a land. Edited above.
    Ironically I selected my cards (over some similar ones) to WW vs AngelPact, except my deck does almost the opposite. Piracy Charm + Path would have done it, Offer does not.

@Reeplcheep :
    I did think it was WL as I was typing up the disagreement, since I
    forgot the other part between my results post and my disagreement post. ​ :-)

maxx!: Mistvault Bridge, Island, Forget, Resculpt

OTP I make you Forget 2 things and you need at least 3 cards to do anything. OTD two 4/4s beats one. 3-3

OTP I discard Forget to either of your discard spells and then make a 4/4 on turn 2, which should beat your other 2 cards. OTD you can make me discard twice before I can play anything. 3-3 OTP I discard Forget to Vicious Rumors, then make a 4/4. Your 2/2 can combine with Funeral Charm to trade, so we draw. OTD I discard 2 cards before casting anything. 1-4

Snuff Out makes this hard. OTP you play Cry, I discard Resculpt, and then make you Forget your other 2 cards for the draw. OTD you can play Okiba and Cry before I can do anything, and Snuff trades with my last card no matter which one it is. 1-4

Welcome! Nice deck. Forget can't ever make you discard a land, and you can recur any discarded artifacts infinitely. Keg takes care of my token, and Briefcase tokens get there. 0-6

Your slow lands mean I can always play Forget before you play an enchantment. 6-0

OTP Forget makes you discard a land and Raze, and then Summons for 1 can't beat a 4/4. OTD you can Summons for 2 which lets you trade with my token. 4-1 I missed the line where you hold 3 of your cards until I make a move, letting you Raze my Island if I cast Forget. 2-2

OK this is just a better version of my deck. Wish I had thought about Rise and Shine, since an indestructible 4/4 is way better. For the mirror we trade Forgets. 3-3

See Asthereal. 3-3

AOYCR counters Forget, then Path gets my 4/4. 0-6

This is me :]

OTP you can make me discard Resculpt, but then I can make you discard Okiba so we stare. OTD you have time to play your threat and make me discard mine. 1-4

3+1+1+0+6+2+3+3+0+1 = 20

Disappointed that I could've gotten 10 more points (I think?) with RoosterCocoa's deck. Oh well.
    Last edited by maxx!; 06-15-2022 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post

OTP, I aim to make 2 2/2s on my turn 2 ignoring Raze, which can draw with your 4/4. OTD, the best I can do is play Mountain and hold my other cards - If you play your threat I make 2/2s to draw, if you play Forget I discard Summons & Hammerheim and Raze your Island to draw. DD

2-2
    Your 2/2s can't trade with Rooster's indestructible 4/4, so when Rooster is OTP, Mistvault Bridge gets the first attack in and you can't trade or race. When you're OTP you should be able to get an attack in while the 4/4 is tapped from casting Rise, so Rooster has to stay back. 1-4 for you?

OTP I make you discard 2, OTD you can't win through my indestructible 4/4. WD

OTP you can't beat my indestructible 4/4, OTD you make me discard 2. WL

You can't beat my indestructible 4/4. WW

My 4/4 is indestructible, so Powder Keg does nothing to it, and getting a 1/1 every other turn is much too slow to race it. WW

OTP I make you discard 2. OTD you play Luminarch Ascension, then I make you discard Energy Field, and I make my 4/4 and attack you before you can get 4 counters on Luminarch Ascension. WW

OTP my indestructible 4/4 wins the race whether you make 2 1/1s on turn 1 or 2 2/2s on turn 2. OTD you make 2 2/2s and get 4 damage in before my 4/4 is untapped, so I can't win the race and we stare. WD

OTP I make you discard 2, OTD you can't win through my indestructible 4/4. WD

Path to Exile beats my 4/4, and you can just counter Forget. LL

Whoever goes first wins with Forget. WL

OTP you make me discard Rise and Shine, and I make you discard Okiba Reckoner Raid. OTD you play Okiba Reckoner Raid and make me discard Rise and Shine before I can do anything. DL

11W 4D 5L = 37

I didn't have any great ideas, so I stole Rise and Shine from a few rounds ago and gave the 4/4 indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    maxx!: Mistvault Bridge, Island, Forget, Resculpt

OTP I discard Forget to either of your discard spells and then make a 4/4 on turn 2, which should beat your other 2 cards. OTD you can make me discard twice before I can play anything. 3-3
    If you discard Forget to Vicious Rumors, then
    Nezumi Road Captain ​ + ​ Funeral Charm
    trades with your Elemental.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by maxx! View Post
    Your 2/2s can't trade with Rooster's indestructible 4/4, so when Rooster is OTP, Mistvault Bridge gets the first attack in and you can't trade or race. When you're OTP you should be able to get an attack in while the 4/4 is tapped from casting Rise, so Rooster has to stay back. 1-4 for you?
    Good call, forgot the Bridge stays indestructible after it becomes a 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Phasmoid View Post
    If you discard Forget to Vicious Rumors, then
    Nezumi Road Captain ​ + ​ Funeral Charm
    trades with your Elemental.
    Ah right. 1-4 for me then. Updating

Me: silkster: Blackcleave Cliffs, Strike It Rich, Devour Intellect, Okiba Reckoner Raid

I wondered if you would upgrade to anti-Raze tech.
    WW

Both your discard spells buy you one turn of race, and I can't stop both, even on the play.
    DL

Menace goes past one another as our other cards are mostly irrelevant.
    WL

I actually remembered that Academy Ruins existed just this week, but I thought it would lose to Raze. You had the foresight to see that enough people would Raze-proof themselves, so you didn't have to!
    LL

WW

We can both stop each other from doing both things, and your faster 1/1s against my 2/2 is just a draw every time.
    DD

I'm always in time to defend myself and sometimes in time to make a threat too.
    WD

WW

Three things beats two things, but I can make a draw on the play.
    DL

I'm curious how you chose Resculpt over Rise and Shine, though it certainly makes no difference here.
    WD

9W, 6D, 7L = 33 points. I'd just like to point out that I scored the whole rainbow, with at least one match giving me 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 points. Oh, Phasmoid did too. Maybe it's more common than I thought.

Academy Ruins looks like an amazing meta call here against discard but no land hate. I even had Ruins+Powder Keg in my list, but I thought there would be enough hate that I didn't even bother to figure out what win condition I would have chosen. I had Tundra+Offer+Offer+Recruit in my list, but I correctly figured out that it's really bad. FTW's version seems much better.

When I was finding all the draws in my matches, it occurred to me that with enough draws it's possible to have no bans in a round. That would be very sad, and I'd suggest that we add a rule guaranteeing at least the top deck getting banned, but I also don't think that it will actually happen, so whatever.

Edit: After I majorly miscalculated the AngelPact matchup, my LD deck would have scored much better.
    Does your LD deck kill indestructible lands? I looked for those, but unsuccessfully. Colour me intrigued.
    Last edited by silkster; 06-15-2022 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silkster View Post
    I'm curious how you chose Resculpt over Rise and Shine, though it certainly makes no difference here.
    Wasn't an intentional choice. I started with a Saprazzan Skerry deck with Forget and was looking for blue 2-mana cards that contained "token". I found Resculpt and considered playing it alongside something like Engineered Explosives or Tormod's Crypt. Then I realized Skerry was banned, but since I had a free slot I could just use an artifact land instead. The indestructible land was actually the last card I picked. I forgot that Rise and Shine existed (even though it was played a few rounds ago).

Sep 2011

I had Tundra+Offer+Offer+Recruit in my list, but I correctly figured out that it's really bad. FTW's version seems much better.
    Double counter seemed really bad OTD. Even OTP Offer gives them more mana to play a 2nd thing while you're tapped out, so the 2nd Offer fails terribly. One of the cards needs to answer a resolved permanent.

I thought it would be cute scoring > 3.5 pts with Path to Exile in a "creatureless" format, but messed up the AngelPact matchup. I think Path to Exile + Piracy Charm/Funeral Charm + Recruit would have scored more overall. You and dte and Reeplcheep had the right idea to fight with discard instead of counters. I went with a counter to fight LD that did not show up.

Does your LD deck kill indestructible lands? I looked for those, but unsuccessfully. Colour me intrigued.
    Yes. I expected decks to metagame around Raze, but be weak to other LD (or just not play around LD because tech to beat Raze was spoiled). I was originally going to play that deck, but then I thought everyone else would (because it beats all the best surviving decks) so instead I went with a "3 things" deck with a counter to stop LD. But no one played it, and I missed that I was punting the AngelPact match. The other deck would have scored more.

Quote Originally Posted by alphastryk View Post
    Me, trying to get Hammerheim banned because it doesn't matter what text my second "Mountain" has.

OTP, the best I can do is make 2 1/1s, then attempt to Raze your land if you play it (you counter with Offer then Path one of my tokens and make your own 1/1 for the draw. OTD, I can't ever beat Offer. DL

1-4
    FTW has DD, and I think that's right. Raze forces out the counter, and then the two 1/1s trade with Path and Recruit. If FTW doesn't expose the land to Raze, you just make the two 1/1s instead.

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

FTW has DD, and I think that's right. Raze forces out the counter, and then the two 1/1s trade with Path and Recruit. If FTW doesn't expose the land to Raze, you just make the two 1/1s instead.
    This makes sense to me, updating the sheet.

Thread Information