Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70

Thread: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

  1. #1
    Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    Citrus-God's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2005
    Location

    Thursday...
    Posts

    1,692

    ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    ICBE want's more of an established team. So far, hardly anyone on our team is known, so we need more people to join. So what's our goal? Beating the ever loving shit out of The EPIC Syndicate of course. We're gonna make our debut at GP Columbus, if you wish to join us, we want to know about you as a player before you can even qualify. We wont be asking the questions, but we sure as hell want answers. We expect you to introduce yourself and every little small thing to go along with it. We want to know about you, the decks you like to run, and your playstyle before we can even judge you. If you join, here is what we'll give you,

    1. The password to the (coming soon) team forums.
    2. A team that want's to win against The EPIC Syndicate.

    Heres some general things to include for us... add more please to your resume.


    1. Name
    2. City, State
    3. Your favorite competitive deck, and why
    4. Your playstyle
    5. How you put psychology into effect during the course of the game.


    And so on. We want to know about you. Good luck!
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.


    "The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

  2. #2
    Utterly ViLe
    Cait_Sith's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Posts

    1,601

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    I'll get the finished product to your tomorrow! This will rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolll View Post
    It is not like any other penises, though...
    It's a penis drawn by Leonard friggin' Da Vinci; which pretty much owns our penises.
    Team Multi-Grain - We're wholesome.

  3. #3
    That other Stax guy
    Silverdragon's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2004
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    327

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    ICBE recruiting? Wow!
    Too bad I'm far too casual to join you, oh and I live in f*cking Germany, that's a real turnoff too :(
    "Anybody want some . . . toast?" —Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

  4. #4
    ?
    Di's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2003
    Location

    Syracuse, NY
    Posts

    5,766

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    This is by far the most pathetic thing I've ever witnessed on these forums. However, I won't immediately lock it just so I can get a little amusement.

    Just a note though: In order to be recognized, you can't, you know, suck.

    +1 for EPIC.

  5. #5
    Are you the real Batman?
    The Rack's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2006
    Location

    San Diego
    Posts

    602

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    Just a note though: In order to be recognized, you can't, you know, suck.

    +1 for EPIC.
    Diablos is my hero.

  6. #6
    Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    Citrus-God's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2005
    Location

    Thursday...
    Posts

    1,692

    Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    This is by far the most pathetic thing I've ever witnessed on these forums. However, I won't immediately lock it just so I can get a little amusement.

    Just a note though: In order to be recognized, you can't, you know, suck.

    +1 for EPIC.
    Thanks for leaving this thread open.

    And in the kind of a crappy movie way, we will make win, through friendship, trust, and determination.

    If you want to be amused, watch us dominate GP Columbus with our dead sexy playskill... if I can find the right teammates and not crash into anybody named Jeremy Zwirn at the GP, I'm basically unbeatable.

    btw, love you new ATS list (not trying to kiss your ass either).

    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Not everyone can be as cool as you , Diablos

    I'm reserving this post until I have time to edit something in.
    On a side-note, I get +1 for living in MN, right/
    We need more locals like you. haha. Right now, I'm trying to get Xue, Josh, and Jeremy in my team. I'm defintely accepting Lenny, but I think his gonna say no to us because he thinks I'm an awful player. I admit, I do suck at Vintage and most decks I dont practice with. Lenny is overall pretty good at this format though. Watch him Top 8 with WUB Fish back-to-back.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-15-2007 at 08:15 AM.
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.


    "The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

  7. #7
    Member

    Join Date

    May 2005
    Posts

    1,366

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    1.
    2.
    3. My favorite competitive deck would have to be The Project 2.0
    4. My play style is winning.
    5. Unnecessary. See above.
    Last edited by herbig; 10-09-2010 at 10:54 PM.

  8. #8
    Serious Rider
    Pinder's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2005
    Posts

    4,962

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Well, it's just too bad that I'm already in the team that's going to take GP Columbus by storm.

    Info-Ninja FTW.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

  9. #9

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Yes prepare yourselves for the two man apacolypse wielding meathooks.

    Team Info-Ninja.


    If you act now we'll ship you an extra order of ShamHawks. THATS 8 ShamHawks FOR $19.99, you'll spend that much on falcons every month anyway.

  10. #10
    Serious Rider
    Pinder's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2005
    Posts

    4,962

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick676 View Post
    Yes prepare yourselves for the two man apacolypse wielding meathooks.
    That's right. We're meathooks. Who wield the apocalypse. Punctuation is for sissies.

    But this thread is about ICBE, so we should probably stop hijacking it with our Meaty goodness.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

  11. #11
    Artist formerly known as Anti-American
    Citrus-God's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2005
    Location

    Thursday...
    Posts

    1,692

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    1. Michael James Herbig
    2. Auburn, NY
    3. My favorite competitive deck would have to be The Herbig Project 2.0
    4. My play style is winning.
    5. Unnecessary. See above.
    one of us?? yay?!

    @Team Info-Ninja: Quit showing off your meat... it's making ours and the asian kid's look bad...
    ICBE - We're totally the coolest Anti-Thesis ever.


    "The Citrus-God just had a Citrus-Supernova... in your mouth."

  12. #12
    */*
    Nightmare's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2004
    Location

    Syracuse, NY
    Posts

    207,137

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    I was gonna make fun of you, but herbig totally wins the thread already.

    I think it's awesome that Mike is on 2 teams that have competitors entitled "I Can Beat X," where X is a team Mike Herbig is on.

  13. #13

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti~American4621 View Post
    ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview.

    ICBE want's more of an established team.
    Team ICBE: We Suck At Grammar.

    Also, what is ICBE anyway? In otherwords, why do I care about you and why should I want to join?
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

    Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

  14. #14
    Monster Xero
    Xero's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2006
    Location

    Minneapolis
    Posts

    314

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Team ICBE: We Suck At Grammar.

    Also, what is ICBE anyway?
    I Can Beat Epic. Its in A~A's sig, ya know.

    Edited my post to be more cooler. (the 6th).

  15. #15
    Site Contributor
    Lego's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2004
    Location

    Jamaica Plain, MA
    Posts

    2,016

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti~American4621 View Post
    one of us?? yay?!
    I like how he gets excited about the mocking.

  16. #16
    Serious Rider
    Pinder's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2005
    Posts

    4,962

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nightmare View Post
    I think it's awesome that Mike is on 2 teams that have competitors entitled "I Can Beat X," where X is a team Mike Herbig is on.
    That's actually a good call, because now no matter who wins, Herbig wins. Yay for him.

    edit: Unless we win
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

  17. #17
    Combo King Pommes
    Lukas Preuss's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2005
    Location

    Germany
    Posts

    405

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti~American4621 View Post
    So far, hardly anyone on our team is known, so we need more people to join.
    You know, this isn't how it works. First, you make yourself known (either by being successful at tournaments, or by creating competitive decks), than people may want to join your team. Why would a good player or deck builder have any interest to do you a favor and join you? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverdragon
    Too bad I'm far too casual to join you, oh and I live in f*cking Germany, that's a real turnoff too
    You could try to join the awesome Team AYB, but wait... this isn't how it works, either. You don't get to choose Team AYB - Team AYB chooses you (if we want to)! ;)

    You could, of course, try to join some of the other, less awesome Legacy teams in Germany (team CWH comes to mind)...
    Sometimes you have to read between the minds.

    ++ T8ing all over Europe since 2005 ++
    ++ Team aYb - all your base (are belong to us) ++

  18. #18

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    1) Brandon Adams
    2) Flint, MI
    3) Moon Palace (it's 87% vs everything!)
    4) I kill my opponents with laughter. When they see me and then what deck I'm playing, they kiel over, hit their head on the table, and pass out. I call a judge for the forfeit.
    5) I dress in frilly pink outfits around a large white easter bunny costume. I also play Moon Palace.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

    Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

  19. #19
    Site Contributor
    Lego's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2004
    Location

    Jamaica Plain, MA
    Posts

    2,016

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    4) I kill my opponents with laughter. When they see me and then what deck I'm playing, they kiel over, hit their head on the table, and pass out. I call a judge for the forfeit.
    True story, this happened to me once. I kieled right over. You'll fit in with A~A's style quite nicely emidln.

  20. #20
    EPIC awesomeness
    bigbear102's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2004
    Location

    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY
    Posts

    962

    Re: ICBE want's you - Suit up, it's time for your interview

    This is quite funny.
    EPIC Syndicate

    Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9 View Post
    I personally like spell snare against 2 cc spells, but it really isn't good against spells that aren't 2 cc. With engineered explosives, it is a good card to have against non-land permanents with converted mana cost equal to what you set the explosives to, but it doesn't hit those that have differing cc. Plus, engineered explosives has sunburst.
    -My hero

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Agent View Post
    For some odd reason, I find shackles to be superb against creature oriented decks. Of course, the logic behind it is the sooner you can play and activate shackles the better. Although, shackles definitely has it's late game uses as well. It basically counts as a threat and a removal spell simultaneously which is relevant against "not quite shroud" creatures. Also, you should really be running a playset of engineered plagues against merfolks. They can dismantle tribal decks so run more of them.
    -I don't think this one was a joke...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)