Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74

Thread: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

  1. #21
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2007
    Location

    Worcester, MA
    Posts

    339

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    So just realized this thing is in only a couple days. Gotta make sure i can take the car on saturday (should be no problem) and then i'll ask the question, so who wants a ride from worcester? Send me a PM if you wanna go.
    Finaly looked up where manchester is, its way closer then i was afraid. Barely an hour from worcester.

  2. #22
    Tom MacDonald
    J.V.'s Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2007
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    1,148

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    I'll be there with Ben (Force_of_Will) and Josh Cicio.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

  3. #23
    Refuses to play dual lands
    Joe_C's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Terryville, CT
    Posts

    452

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Im in.. Anyone between Bristol and there need a lift? Im going by my lonesome otherwise, but meeting people there......

    Should be fun.... Just gotta decide what to play
    TEAM AWESOME

    Well, at least we smell better

  4. #24

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    My quick head count of posts puts attendance at 15 so far.

    I hope there is a larger turnout than that as the prize is guaranteed if we hit 12 but it would be awesome if we can make legacy at The Grid rival the ones in Hadley where there are 40-50+ people per legacy event.

    The best part is that prize support will increase porportionally with attendance. So if we can get a bunch of people the whole top 8 may get a bunch of cash or the winner may have a mox and enough money to swim in.

    Looking forward to building a Legacy @ The Grid and in CT!
    PTPaul :-)

  5. #25
    Expert on all Relevant Formats.
    mtglordtom24's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    Connecticut and Bryant University during college time
    Posts

    69

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Paul, it'd be a shame if all of your marketing went to waste on this one. I don't feel like 15 would be enough to call the tournament a success, 25 would be more comfortable IMO. I will be there, so I figure around 20 people have said they're going, though it's hard to count on this thread because we don't know if people are bringing others for sure or not. I tried to get someone from school to come, but they told me they'll be too drunk Friday night.

    Either way, I'll be playing Jaynel round one again and this time he won't get the white source like a champ and I'll beat him. (Calling you out Jaynel. Your Survival will not make it out of this one! PUN INTENDED!!!) Paul, I have a short list of cards I need to borrow from you which I can PM you or whatever, let me know.

    P.S.: The rumor is that if this tournament hits 40-50, there'll be a party at Paul's place after, which is good because he just moved to a location "very close" to the Grid and he needs unwanted guests. ;P

  6. #26
    RawR Bitch
    rockout's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2007
    Location

    Norwich, CT
    Posts

    1,273

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by bruenor View Post
    Im in.. Anyone between Bristol and there need a lift? Im going by my lonesome otherwise, but meeting people there......

    Should be fun.... Just gotta decide what to play
    Play something with force of will like your signature says.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

  7. #27
    Tom MacDonald
    J.V.'s Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2007
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    1,148

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by mtglordtom24 View Post

    Either way, I'll be playing Jaynel round one again and this time he won't get the white source like a champ and I'll beat him. (Calling you out Jaynel. Your Survival will not make it out of this one! PUN INTENDED!!!) Paul, I have a short list of cards I need to borrow from you which I can PM you or whatever, let me know.
    Apparently you haven't read the rule book, I'm the only one who gets to call out Jared <3
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

  8. #28
    Member
    Jaynel's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2006
    Location

    Boston
    Posts

    878

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    This is kinda creepy. Not so sure if I approve of this.

  9. #29

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Let's get the record straight.

    J-star is my new BFFL, now I just have to get him to shake some of his bad habits, and I'm not talking about his desire to play Survival decks.

    As far as partying and such goes, I do know only the foolish would fail to join The Grid Facebook group before Monday, because there is a super sweet announcement coming out Monday about the Conflux Pre-Release there.

    BTW has anyone noticed how many gold and domain based cards there are in the new set? Are they trying to make it so everyone plays 5 color in draft like me or what? The good news is that I've mastered sketchy mana bases.

    I'm very confident that we will have an awesome attendance at this event and many more Legacy Events at The Grid along with possibly Vintage as I was talking with many locals and helping them prepare for Saturday's tourney last night.

    If you know someone who plays legacy and they haven't posted on here, you should send them an IM or something and make sure they don't miss out on this fun.

    In closing I was talking to Karl about the first place Mox Pearl and there were several offers made on it in the last few weeks by Vintage players so as far as the quality goes, it's not perfect but it will sure as heck play.

    Game on everyone.

    :-PTPaul
    PTPaul :-)

  10. #30
    Tom MacDonald
    J.V.'s Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2007
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    1,148

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaynel View Post
    This is kinda creepy. Not so sure if I approve of this.
    Don't lie to yourself Jared, you love this shit.
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

  11. #31
    F'n Slayer!!!

    Join Date

    Oct 2007
    Posts

    28

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Two coming from Team Insight.

  12. #32
    Expert on all Relevant Formats.
    mtglordtom24's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    Connecticut and Bryant University during college time
    Posts

    69

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Paul, I feel like 5 color is getting tighter with landcycling and the "Souls," that pump to insanity for 1 of each color, but it's hard to say how that will look in draft.

    As for Jaynel getting called out. I can do it, you know why? Because I said so. Jared is my boy now and he's going down!!!

    Paul I'm just going to text you the list of cards that I would like to borrow.

  13. #33
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2007
    Location

    Worcester, MA
    Posts

    339

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    As of right now, i'm driving down tomorow by my lonesome... which is kind of boring. So if anyone wants a free ride from worcester or anywhere on the way from here to there, send me a PM before i leave tomorow.

  14. #34
    Worldslayer
    Rood's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2005
    Location

    MA
    Posts

    1,033

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    So who won?
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

  15. #35
    Tom MacDonald
    J.V.'s Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2007
    Location

    Stoughton, MA
    Posts

    1,148

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Ben split with Goyf Sligh Playing Evolution Thresh. Josh Cicio Also top 8'd with Evolution Thresh.
    Top 8:
    1 RB(g?) Goblins (Force_of_Will and Josh Cicio)
    1 Goyf Sligh
    2 Evolution Thresh
    1 Uwb Landstill (RockOut)
    1 GRbw Survival (B4RON)
    1 Imperial Painter
    1 Merfolk

    Top 4:
    2 Evolution Thresh
    Goblins
    Goyf Sligh

    Top 2:
    Evolution Thresh
    Goyf Sligh
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

  16. #36
    ?
    ForceofWill's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2003
    Location

    High stakes cash games
    Posts

    1,007

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    1-2 Evolution Thresh (ME)
    1-2 Goyf Sligh (guy who works at store)

    3-4 Evolution Thresh (Josh Cicio)
    3-4 RBg Goblins with some interesting card choices (Ed Dunning)

    5-8 Uwb Landstill (rockout)
    5-8 Imperial Painter (Louis Gentile sp??)
    5-8 GBwr Survival (B4RON)
    5-8 Merfolk (I believe he lurks)


    Fun tournament about time I won one. Friendly's after kicked ass but H00ters probably would have been better.


    PS: Aaron you're a dick for not selling me those threads.
    Last edited by ForceofWill; 01-25-2009 at 01:30 AM.
    Team NeverWin: We just top 8 a lot.

    Too lazy to post.

  17. #37
    Member
    Jaynel's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2006
    Location

    Boston
    Posts

    878

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
    1-2 Evolution Thresh (ME)
    1-2 Goyf Sligh (guy who works at store)

    3-4 Evolution Thresh (Josh Cicio)
    3-4 RBg Goblins with some interesting card choices (Ed Dunning)

    5-8 Uwb Landstill (rockout)
    5-8 Ubg Painter (PTPaul)
    5-8 GBwr Survival (B4RON)
    5-8 Merfolk (I believe he lurks)


    Fun tournament about time I won one. Friendly's after kicked ass but H00ters probably would have been better.


    PS: Aaron you're a dick for not selling me those threads.
    Friendly's after did indeed kick ass. So much funny.

    And I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but 32 people showed up.
    Last edited by Jaynel; 01-26-2009 at 02:25 PM.

  18. #38
    Expert on all Relevant Formats.
    mtglordtom24's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    Connecticut and Bryant University during college time
    Posts

    69

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    I just want to make a few notes. PTPaul did not top 8, he took 15th. Imperial Painter is more accurately described as Dragon Stompy/Painter and Louis didn't even know what some of his cards did.

    Quote Originally Posted by mtglordtom24 View Post
    Either way, I'll be playing Jaynel round one again and this time he won't get the white source like a champ and I'll beat him. (Calling you out Jaynel. Your Survival will not make it out of this one! PUN INTENDED!!!)
    Who did I play round 1? Why it would be Jaynel. How did the match turn out? I got him 2-0. It was an utterly ridiculous match, but, none-the-less, I got there.

    Overall a very fun day, I was not happy with losing to Goyf Sligh and Merfolk to get 10th place, but I'll just do better next time.

    Props:

    -Karl, for running some Legacy at the Grid.
    -Hymn to Tourach, for hitting Jaynel's 2x Swords to Plowshares.
    -Jared aka "Jaynel," for being the man.
    -PT Paul, for lending me cards and being the coolest as well.
    -Ed Dunning, for TRUCKING IT with Goblins. Sketchy Goblins, but Goblins none-the-less.

    Slops:

    -The Middletown Crew, for going to Maryland for a PTQ instead.
    -PT Paul, 15th place?!? 2-2-1? Really?!? Tighten that shit up.
    -I didn't make any trades today. What's up with that?
    -People's criticisms about my deck choice and card selection, makes me want to scream at them how much better I am than they are, but I try to be humble.
    -Chris Victor. Top 8'ing with Merfolk will only encourage him, that deck is so bad.
    -The guy who misplaced his Phyrexian Dreadnought and was accusing people of stealing it.
    -My bitterness, I should be more positive.

  19. #39
    ?
    ForceofWill's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2003
    Location

    High stakes cash games
    Posts

    1,007

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by mtglordtom24 View Post
    I just want to make a few notes. PTPaul did not top 8, he took 15th. Imperial Painter is more accurately described as Dragon Stompy/Painter and Louis didn't even know what some of his cards did.
    Derf Derf I played him in top 8 what the hell was I thinking..
    Team NeverWin: We just top 8 a lot.

    Too lazy to post.

  20. #40
    NO FUN JUST PSYCHATOGS
    Ebinsugewa's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2005
    Location

    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts

    804

    Re: Mox Pearl 1/24/2009 CASH Tournament @ THE GRID GAMES in Manchester, CT

    Quote Originally Posted by mtglordtom24 View Post
    Slops:

    -People's criticisms about my deck choice and card selection, makes me want to scream at them how much better I am than they are, but I try to be humble.
    -Chris Victor. Top 8'ing with Merfolk will only encourage him, that deck is so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook
    This change also changed the sideboard, Xantid Swarm - it’s been real. Peace.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)